It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns Seoul of nuclear war following UN sanctions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

North Korea warns Seoul of nuclear war following UN sanctions

www.guardian.co.uk

North Korea has warned of a nuclear war on the Korean peninsula while vowing to step up its atomic weapons programme in defiance of new UN sanctions.

Today's Rodong Sinmun, a state-run North Korean newspaper, claimed the US has 1,000 nuclear weapons in South Korea. Another state-run publication claimed that America had been deploying nuclear weapons in Japan as well.

North Korea "is completely within the range of US nuclear attack and the Korean peninsula is becoming an area where the chances of a nuclear war are the highest in the world", the Tongil Sinbo said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this is total garbage. I know the North totally controls the media there, more so than TPTB do here in the west. If I was North Korean and I heard all of this BS I would think that Armageddon was upon us.

Now I don't think little Kimmy is still calling the shots there. First off Japan would not allow us to get anywhere near them with Nukes. Well maybe on certain naval vessels. The US doesn't divulge which ships are packing what that's a giant shell game. But over a 1000? Heck North Korea could be taken off the map with what? 20 or so?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think more like one really.

I mean you'd only have to take out the main city and perhaps their nuclear reactor.

Other than that carpet bomb the military bases and ammo dumps.

20 is a bit much, even for you Slayer!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I wasn't implying we should do so but for the North to say there will be a nuclear war with the south. I mean come on...
They are the only ones making the threats. So the headline should read something like

North Korea threatens Peaceful South Korea with a Nuclear attack!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I totally think we should.

It may sound mean, but I am really fed up. Perhaps we do need somebody to drop an N bomb in this day and age for everybody to understand the reprocussions.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If bombed, one average operating nuclear power station is estimated to spew out as much deadly fallout as 150-180 H-bombs. Bombing one nuclear power station would render the Japanese archipelago and South Korea uninhabitable.

From another article about North Korea... IMO, they do that stuff, they need to be turned into a glass parking lot for real.

I'm generally against war, but if they really do that, they really need to get wiped off the map for real.

Now can you imagine Israel bombing Iran's nuclear power plant? Same deal.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
NO

20 was about accurate...

One city and reactor yes

But then you have the DMZ.... lined for hundreds of miles with artillery

The losses when they fire would be unacceptable... carpet bombing isn't fast enough to stop them from blasting SK to bits... conventional would do nothing

Your going to need to use nukes along the border... just north of it... fast cruise missile strikes to wipe most of it out, there is no other way

Then you might need a few air bursts over the border if they launch Nuclear armed Dongs and we don't get them before they do, the ability to assure they are knocked out of the air, the global economy simply can't loose Japan or SK right now... they can't get off, only a big EM blast in the atmosphere can stop that, our anti missile defenses given such a sort span are too risky

20, it sounds about right

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

As we know from previous N.Korea rhetoric though they are empty threats...i mean we all like a bit of drama but there is no way in hell they would attack seoul,they wouldn't even need god damn nukes to flatten the place and everyone in it.Question is...why have they not done this before? despite the UN resolutions China wont hold their end of the bargain like they have done before imo.They will do a 180 and the international community wont bat an eyelid and the story will be buried.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Exactly.

Now if we read between the lines here this should give us a heads up on how delusional the North really is. If they think we would bring a 1000 nukes. Then they obviously don't understand the nature of the situation and they again may be delusional enough to think they can fight a nuclear war with out realizing the consequences of such an exchange.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They may be slinging crazy rhetoric right left and center,but it would be unwise to think they are stupid.A conclusion people have no hesitation in grasping at these days it seems.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree, Kim is no dummy. He may be a cry baby and have a hot temper, but he's got some plans in motion I am sure.

I just opened a thread about Nuclear weapons and their usage, it certainly applies to this situation.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So it begins...

It sounds cliche, and I said that when the swine flu hit, but I cannot help but not not think that is the is beginning squared.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yes i agree plucky..and this was just a shallow information deprived response to ask who that pouting looker is in your avatar.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Same Source as above

North Korea says its nuclear programme is a deterrent against the US, which it routinely accuses of plotting to topple its regime. Washington, which has 28,500 US troops stationed in South Korea, has repeatedly said it has no such intention.

Like the US would try and invade them knowing how their armed with only 29.000. Hey were good but nowhere near that good. This just shows you how Paranoid the North really is. If the US was really that "MaD" We would have invading a long time ago way before they ever had nukes.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Pouty is is sexy...Kim Jung Ill is not; in fact, he is downright ugly. And if he thinks he can threaten the world's biggest state-sponsor of terrorism he's got another thing coming. We fight with fire. Eye for an eye. Spit for spit. Cat puke for cat puke. The list goes on and on....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The North is most definetly paranoid,isolation with only one REAL rather slightly skewed available source of contact to the outside world for decades will do that to the best of us.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Does anybody understand what would happen if even one nuke went up in the air!?!?!?

Whoever sends one at us; we'll send 10 back, 15 come back our way....

There are no winners in nuclear war...!

The war heads we have now are 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima.

A good chunk of the world will be uninhabitable. Nuclear winter..the whole ball of wax. Panic would settle in all over the world. Good luck trying to get groceries or anything else as the stores would be cleaned out.

This rising tension with NKorea does bother me, but then I wonder if America's Elite just needs to pick a fight with somebody else to fill there pockets. Why not, its been done before....

Remember WMB's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) and Iraq......
I'm not saying they don't have wmb's , its the point that the U.S. invents a reason if none are available to invade, or bomb, or whatever to meet there goals.

Then again this guy could just be plain crazy and not give a f&%k ( which is the scariest scenario) and push the button if he got up on the wrong side of the bed...

This has defiantly got me a little concerned....

Guess its time to start stocking up on can food.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Cabin fever killed the cat? It seemed to work well for the Uni-bomber, all his possessions are being sold at auction. I think Kim Jung Ill is illin' that is to say, he is illin' from his own ilk...and that is why his is so misinformed/maladjusted.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
1000 nukes in S.K.?As if that many would be needed to wipe out the north?Sounds like more demented rantings to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
1000 nukes in S.K.?As if that many would be needed to wipe out the north?Sounds like more demented rantings to me.

Then stop. This situation is tenuous, and tricky. We just can't nuke North Korea because we have to seem like the good guys. So we demonize them until they unleash the beast, which is exactly what we want. But then there is this problem, a missile defense shield, which no one knows about except for the reptilllians, who know and that is why the trigger hasn't tripped yet. It's simple science.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join