It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you support Womens Right's.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Then you sure as HELL better be supporting the revolution going on in Iran. I am ALREADY seeing threads popping up saying this revolt is American Propaganda and started by the west. Threads saying there is no evidence of anything bad happening and the vote was absolutely legitimate. WRONG! This is the PEOPLE of Iran the YOUTH of Iran the WOMEN of Iran stepping up and fighting for Freedom.

This election is a complete sham and the people want RIGHTS! The women do not WANT to be forced to be told how to dress and where they can go and with who. With the risk of beatings and killings under the pretense of Sharia Law. The Iranians are REVOLTING!

This is the moment in time that defines your grasp of Freedom. Is it really Universal? Do you hold these truths to be self evident for ALL men and Women? Or just American Men and Women? Or just some American men and Women?

It is REALLY easy to write this off when you are sitting pretty at home right now not having to worry about your Wife or Daughter or Mother being beaten or killed for breaking a dress code.

Tonight when you tuck them into bed and kiss them goodnight think long and FREAKING hard about what I just wrote here.

Sleep and rest well knowing these men and women are fighting and DYING unarmed fighting for a SHRED of what most of us ungrateful unappreciative humans take for granted.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Call Mavis Leno - - yes - wife of Jay. Seriously!

She has been campaigning for women's rights in Afghan and Iraq for decades. Get involved.

Remember When "W" Stood for Women? Calling Mavis Leno...

The women of Iraq are under siege, raked with bullets for going to work, beaten for not wearing socks, kidnapped and not rescued if those who take them don't ask for ransom because it's assumed they've been raped and therefore deserve to be killed. Generally I steer clear of the overused word "shocking," but that's what the situation is, as this Observer article details. Please read and circulate, and after that, call Mavis Leno. Sounds like a joke, but before the invasion of Afghanistan, she was the only person in the US lobbying on behalf of women under the Taliban, and she was having some success.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

What proof do you have that this is an organized revolution? All of the reports I have been reading state that these are simply protests and riots. There is obviously no telling where those protests and riots will lead, but this hardly appears to be another Iranian Revolution as of now.

join