It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK suffers first swine flu death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

UK suffers first swine flu death

www.timesonline.co.uk

The first death in Britain of someone suffering from swine flu was confirmed tonight after a patient died in a hospital in Scotland.

The Scottish government confirmed the death of the unnamed patient, who had been suffering from the H1N1 virus and underlying health conditions. It is believed that the patient was being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.google.com
www.reuters.com
www.teletext.co.uk

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Only the other day was the UK government telling people not worry over swine flu and, mean while the case keep increasing and now we have the first death.

Will this bring home to people in the UK the potential severity of the situation, though it may subside during the Summer we can expect the virus to come back with a vengeance towards the end of the year.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The key phrase in this to me is "underlying health conditions". I'm trying not to worry too much while that is the case, if it starts killing healthy adults in counties with good healthcare, then I will sound the alarm, but it just doesn't seem to be really doing that from what I've seen.

Here is another source:
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
In my opinion this proves just how little threat swine flu currently is in the UK at the moment, I mean come on... One death!? More people died from falling asleep in the bath than have died from this. I know the possibility of it mutating and becoming really dangerous is still an issue but should this really be reported in such a sensationalist way before it actually becomes a real threat?

new topics

top topics

join