It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenys and Neil Kinnock have six state pensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Glenys and Neil Kinnock have SIX state pensions

I know most people in the US will have no idea who these two are so here is some background information:

Neil Gordon Kinnock, Baron Kinnock, PC, (born 28 March 1942) is a Welsh politician. He was a Member of Parliament (MP) from 1970 to 1995, and was Leader of the Opposition and Labour Party leader from 1983 to 1992, when he resigned after being defeated in the 1992 general election. He served as a UK Commissioner of the European Commission from 1995 until 2004, and is now Chairman of the British Council and President of Cardiff University.

Wikipedia - Neil Kinnock

Glenys Elizabeth Kinnock (born Glenys Elizabeth Parry, 7 July 1944) is a Welsh politician who has been a Labour Party Member of the European Parliament (MEP) since 1994. Before that, she was best known as the wife of Neil Kinnock, Leader of the Labour Party from 1983 to 1992. When Neil Kinnock received a life peerage in 2005, Glenys became entitled to the style "Lady Kinnock", which she chose not to use.

Upon standing down as an MEP in the June 2009 European Parliamentary elections, Lady Kinnock was appointed Minister for Europe in a cabinet reshuffle replacing Caroline Flint, and will join the House of Lords.

Wikipedia - Glenys Kinnock

If anyone is not aware, politicians in the UK have become embroiled in a massive scandal arising from their expense system, used and abused by the members of both houses (Lords and Commons) from all parties.

Here are some comments from the man Gordon Brown has brought in to reform MP's expenses:

MP's expenses 'shocked' watchdog

He said the committee had been "concerned" about the system of MPs' expenses and had had its "eye on it" for some time: "The truth is that actually we proposed doing the study to Gordon Brown before he proposed it back to us."

"But until we had the revelations from the Daily Telegraph I don't think the committee had any idea of the depth of what was happening."

He added: "I was both surprised and I think it is fair to say, shocked."

Several politicians have been forced to step down due to the expenses scandal, including notably the Speaker of the House Michael Martin.

Q&A Speaker Martin to quit.

The Speaker of the House of Commons has been challenged by MPs to stand down in unprecedented scenes in the chamber.

Michael Martin did not mention his future in a statement on the expenses furore - instead setting out proposed action to reform the system.

He said he was "profoundly sorry" for his role and said all MPs must accept blame for the "terrible damage" done.

But a succession of MPs challenged him openly, saying they wanted a debate and a vote of no confidence in him.

This latest revelation that two public servants are entitled to SIX pensions will not go down well.

I think it's disgusting, obscene. In fact it would be a major T&C violation if I were to tell you what I really think!

Any way, I know this was a bit long winded but I just added all the extra stuff for anyone outside the UK who isn't familiar with the greedy pigs that run our country!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

What a pair of bloody greedy bastards !

However I have to say a lot of this problem (imho) has happened because of the sheer intellectual indolence of many brits.

A big chunk of the Uk can't see any further than than what their going to wear to get pissed on friday . And the most stimulating reading they can muster is what jade goody did they day before.

The british public will allow things like this happen over and over again as long as they can have their beer and a kebab.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by kiwifoot

What a pair of bloody greedy bastards !

However I have to say a lot of this problem (imho) has happened because of the sheer intellectual indolence of many brits.

A big chunk of the Uk can't see any further than than what their going to wear to get pissed on friday . And the most stimulating reading they can muster is what jade goody did they day before.

The british public will allow things like this happen over and over again as long as they can have their beer and a kebab.

No arguments here.

The sickening aspect of the expenses scandal is the "I didn't break any rules" excuse!

The sickening aspect of this specific case is how far Neil Kinnock has come since the Miner's Strike, he must be so proud of himself!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

join