It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Italian police seize 10,000 tons of radioactive biomass fuel imported from Lithuania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Reports: Italian police seize 10,000 tons of radioactive biomass fuel imported from Lithuania

www.dailypress.com

Police across Italy have seized 10,000 tons of wood fuel pellets contaminated by a radioactive substance, news reports said Sunday.

The fuel seized Saturday had been imported from Lithuania in the fall and was found to contain caesium-137, a highly toxic isotope whose radiation can cause serious health problems, including various types of cancer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seems like someone is trying to wipe out the Italians. I wonder why there is no mention of possible terrorist involvement. Lets face it, today your first considered that before anything else.

But then again anything out of Lithuania is considered dangerous, even the women are deadly good looking.

www.dailypress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well at least we know the Italians know how to stop things from coming into their country.

I'm going to keep an eye on this. I wonder who sent these?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How could biomass be contaminated with radioactive biomass? Like, did it come from Chernobyl or was it stored or purposely contaminated with radioactive materials?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The topic title immediately caught my attention, because i'm from Lithuania. What's strange is that i haven't heard any mention of this incident in the media, could have missed it on TV, but there's no mention of it in the Lithuanian web for sure. Maybe we'll hear about it soon.

I can assure though, that lithuanians have no grudges against italians
(unless you've beaten us at some sport even recently)

So i'll keep my eye on this, and i'll report if i hear anything at our news sources about this.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on our ladies, tristar

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That's pretty wild.. I hope that the proper authourities get the bottom of this.. lol.. I'm sure whomever was responsible will be held accountable to the full extent of the law. ....

Originally posted by tristar

But then again anything out of Lithuania is considered dangerous, even the women are deadly good looking.

My girlfriend is Lithuanian. I'll testify to your statement.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ceasium isnt really thats impressive as far as radioactivity goes. Sounds like a mix up.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Very creepy article indeed! The information is still a little vague but that is a lot radioactive material and serious health concern. The article says the material originated in Lithuania, and if that is case, how come there is no shipping manifest present with the material. Apparently it was being shipped somewhere maybe the order got crossed? I'm just speculating but I think it is to early to start claiming it is a terrorist act.

It may be material sold on the black market because the Russian Mafia is involved in shipping fuels, alcohol, weapons, and other things illegally. To me it may have been an illegal shipment that didn't arrive to it's intended destination. Where ever that is I have no clue?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There's some Lithuanian coverage of the event today, and basically it said, that there is a possibility some areas in Lithuania might still have some caesium contamination from the Chernobyl disaster, but the amounts are very small and within the norms of EU. So if Caesium levels are as high as Italians report then the wood must've come from countries such as Belarus, Ukraine or Russia, which received more contamination from the Chernobyl disaster.

So maybe the wood came from multiple sources from different countries to Lithuania and then was sold to Italy, i don't know just speculating..

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Disobey

The problem is, that all E.U. imports or exports must have meters which count radioactive isotopes amongst other readings. It is obvious that something is happening, but no one is really touching the subject.

new topics

top topics

join