It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Discovers Rare Supernova in Nearby Galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
From Fox News:

While some 14-year-olds are scoring their mall to find the latest fashions, Caroline Moore discovered a supernova in a nearby galaxy.

Stories like this are the kind I like to show my children. There is still stuff that can be discovered out there, and if the work hard, it might be them.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon
Wow, nice find for this young lady!

It's hard to imagine anything related to outer space being discovered by someone with limited equipment in the age of Hubble and land based large telescopes.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I probably wouldn't show my kids that, as I wouldn't want them to feel like I was saying "Where's your rare-discovery?"

Nice find.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisBenoit
I probably wouldn't show my kids that, as I wouldn't want them to feel like I was saying "Where's your rare-discovery?"

Nice find.

You are correct! Though that's in violation of what's written in my sig, lol!

Let your kids find their own uniqueness and encourage it believing they're geniuses and special despite their stellar failures!!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisBenoit

Nice find.

hahah I could just see that therapy session "GOD DAMNIT MY PARENTS HAVE NEVER ACCEPTED ME SINCE THEY FOUND OUT SOME 14 YEAR OLD NERD FOUND A SUPER NOVA OMG"

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
ive always belived in reincarnation

so it doesnt suprise me in the least

join