It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden expresses 'doubts' about Iranian election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"I have doubts, but withhold comment," Biden said on NBC's "Meet the Press" program.

Biden said the Iranian government has suppressed crowds and limited free speech by shutting down social networking sites such as Facebook, which he said raised questions. He also called the strong showing by incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "unlikely," based on pre-election analysis.

"Is this the response, is this the accurate response, is this the wish of the Iranian people?" Biden said.

Well that's interesting, seems Biden has come out of the wood work in order to give his views on something. The White House has done a good job of keeping his mouth in check, I guess he's more of a figure head than George was to Cheney.

I don't think it's intelligent for the US government to argue the results of the election however, that might spread doubts in Iran about the US diplomacy hand outs we've seen recently.

Any thoughts?
Source

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We all know Biden's place now in the administation!

Have Biden comment on a sticky situation...wait for a response....if the response is positive...GREAT! If the response is negative..."Oh well, that's just Joe making crazy statements again.

Look for much more of this in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

haha, I will certainly agree with that. Poor Biden, I wonder what he does with all that spare time he has?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is kind of a 'duh!' statement.
The entire thinking free world knows the 'elections' were a sick joke.
I hope the youth of Iran are able to rise up and squash their leadership.
Squash those Imams that are holding them back as well.

top topics

join