It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ascension Island - - - - A51 - - - - Similar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ascension Island is used by the Royal Air Forces and U.S. Air Force for joint operations relating to Missile, Satellite, & Space Shuttle Monitoring/Tracking Operations.

These operations are supervised by U.S. Space Command.

It has a "very" long runway, similar to A51's, and has the resources to test experimental aircraft.

It is located in between Africa and South America, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With a population of only one thousand people, it's resources are very limited.

There is almost no information available on-line relating to the "military" aspect of the island's operations. Everything I found was either historical or agricultural. Very few sites were found that provided "any" information concerning the true nature of the island.

My question is this: Is is possible that Ascension Island may house an underground facility used for experimentation purposes, simliar to A51?

Mr. M

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
this issue has bugged me for a long time what goes on on this island in the middle of the atlantic its never talked about or hardly mentioned not even on the more outrageous conspiracy sites you have peeked my curiosity will look into this further

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You have heard about this island also? It seems that it is not very well known, for some reason. Almost everyone I talk to says they've never heard of it. Most of those people are military/government, also, which makes it weirder...

Mr. M

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
For anyone who has NO idea what this island is, check out this page - one of my bookmarks:

www.websmith.demon.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Excellent link, Mr. Gray. Thank you for that.

As far as you personally are concerned, what is your opinion on my theory about an underground facility being housed within Ascension Island, similar to A51?

Mr. M

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It would seem a bit hazardous to have any sort of extensive underground base due to the possibility of volcanic activity...etc...It does seem to be a prime location for secretive military activity due to its remote nature, but I think this is a case of it could be...but probably isn't.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I heard about the island in question, My work supervisor and my father in-law were both navy during the 70's and 80's anddo talk alot about the island, its mainly ( to my knowledge ) just a militry out post, somewhere where there is not going to be to mainy prying eyes During the falklands war it was the last place to stop before getting to the falkland islands and so was used for replenshing the ship stores..

Also used by the American airforce as an B52 and other aircraft outpost.
Not sure if this helps but, will ask the father inlaw about any more info he can give me..

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
SimonGray,
Thanks for the info, but as I have said to other questions as this. Why not pool resources together and actually search these places. Yes, I know it costs money...but if enough people believe, then pool them and search. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL EVER FIND THE TRUTH!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ascension Island functions as a Remote Tracking Facility (basically it houses antennas to communicate with sattelites as the pass over it - like the International Space Station).

It also assists the US Navy (and I assume the British as well) with data collection during Trident Missile tests.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
you can visit the island now so go and have a look, i think as i recall from memory that the flights leave from an raf base in norfolk and they do accept civilian passengers so if u r really curious check it out

new topics

top topics

join