It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea makes nuclear weapon threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A threat to make more nuclear weapons and attack the US was issued by North Korea yesterday.

The warning was a response to United Nations sanctions imposed after it tested missiles and manufactured uranium, used in bombs.

Yesterday the country threatened to make weapons from its plutonium - produced by processing uranium.

Pyongyang also warned of military action if the United States and its allies tried to isolate it.
Mirror

I believe this is a highly questionable source.

Hold on about freak-out's until I can get confirming links to this nuclear threat from N.K. to the US.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The source may be questionable, but the news is the same that I heard on NPR yesterday. They said NK is going to start weaponizing its plutonium. They also said NK reiterated its threat that inspecting its ships was an act of war.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Usually I don't get too hyped up about conflicts that haven't materialized yet, but I do think that this is going to eventually heat up to a tragic ending. I hope not I really do, but it seems to be going in that direction. North Korea is basically telling the US and the UN to screw, repeatedly.

So now we have Iran, Russia, North Korea, etc. all basically telling us to screw.

I hope and pray that the UN and people with a brain can find a compromise and get us to all work together. (Yeah right, I know) I just don't see a good ending in any of this news that I have been followng for approximately the last year....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Thank you for that, I was going to freak out. I can see North Korea from my doorstep and this is not good.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
North Korea regularly threatens to turn Seoul into a "sea of flames" and now it looks like they can with one weapon, instead of having to use thousands of conventional missiles and artillery pieces.
Because this guy has made sooo many threats in the past, i normally wouldnt be concerned but now I have to take into consideration that..

A: Hes crazy but he always has been

B: He's said to be getting even sicker, maybe dying

C: He may want to go out with a "bang"

Because of this, I would pay a little more attention to his threats than I did in the past..
Lets just hope he dies in his sleep and his son isnt as radical as he is.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

*chuckle* I got the Sarah Palin reference there. Very funny.

Honestly, I don't think this news changes anything. It's pretty much on par for what NK was expected to do. They believe in tit for tat diplomacy. Basically keep escalating until something gives, even if they started it.

Incedentally, my daughter did that the other day... She walked by me and smacked me on the arm. I smacked her back (lightly, of course, it was just play). This ended up in a 5 minute hide and chase arm smacking fest until someone tackled her and tickled her into submission. These things never end with someone just giving up..

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I believe, if this is true, that this is the first time that they've actually said they'd "attack the US". They've made plenty of statements saying that they would protect themselves and consider actions of the UN and other countries as "acts of war" but, as far as I know, they've never come out and said that they would attack the US.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If they were able to somehow attack United States land with a nuclear weapon, it would be the biggest mistake that country has ever made.
Even if he has a missile capable of reaching us, I would have to doubt its accuracy, so pinpointing a particular city would be questionable and thats IF it could get past our missile defense system, which is highly doubtful.
NK is one of the last holdouts of the old style Soviet system, it wont be long before theyre forced to make changes.
Im surprised they even lasted this long after the collapse of the USSR.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm sure in Kims mind he believes he has the ability to launch a weapon that might make it over the pacific rim to Alaska but he'd never considered the 26 armed missiles housed underground at Ft. Greely in Delta, Alaska.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
no news is good news.
this situation looks worse and worse everytime i hear about it.
have we heared him say it, has anyone? or is the media machine screwing around.
the more we fear nk the easier we can accept its destruction.
i want to see footage of these threats.
im expecting action pretty soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So help me god if he nukes Hawaii I will personally snipe him and every single person involved with it.

Just occurred to me the only US target he could hit after his last test would be Hawaii and that is where I plan to retire.

On second thought I would also take over NK and turn it into an island myself so I can retire there lol.

You've been warned Kim, stay away from Hawaii.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Pluck:

I meant don't freak-out and say i only posted a cheese reference and you want a source you know and respect.

I will post more references as i find them.

Sorry if you misunderstood my intent.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
So help me god if he nukes Hawaii I will personally snipe him and every single person involved with it.

Just occurred to me the only US target he could hit after his last test would be Hawaii and that is where I plan to retire.

On second thought I would also take over NK and turn it into an island myself so I can retire there lol.

You've been warned Kim, stay away from Hawaii.

So long Hawaii

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program. The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea's Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan's top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites. The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said. While the newspaper speculated the Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, it said the missile would not be able to hit Hawaii's main islands, which are about 4,500 miles (7,200 kilometers) from the Korean peninsula

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ok..first of all...i always thought plutonium was labratory made,a nd uranium was natural. Excample..the first atomic bomb, was made with uranium..but its rarer to find, so some lab guys came up with plutonium..which was used int he 2nd atomic bomb, and currently used today.?
Now, North korea pledges a military strike/invasion, on the united states, so to speak. How would they ever get here? thats ALOT fo open pacific water to cross, and impossible, for the scale numbers he was pleding(million man army). Alaska, maybe, but really, whatts up their to conqure and destroy? Eskimos mountians and ice? Theyde have to go through canada to get to us..and im sure the canadian rmy would respond to north korea passing through un invited. So far..his missles are not long range capable. Any intercontinental ballsitic missle, would have to go spacebouond, then free fall back to earth to its intended target. they daont even have a space program!!!!
NOW is past the time, when the UN, untied states, russia, and china should merge thier armys then, and corner north korea. appraently, the FED here dopsnt want involvemnt.l.thier being suspiscously too quiet, almsot as if, they want north lorea to succeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I was kidding when i said "so long", like a single missile could make it to Hawaii without being shot down.

Any strike or attempted strike on US soil, would probably be more symbolic for NK, so they could say "look what we did to evil America" lol.
I dont honestly think that NK really believes they could invade the US, if they do then they are really delusional.

new topics

top topics

join