It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying "Plane" flying Low Speed Completly Disapears from View..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This happened just now... I went out to walk my dog and I notice a low flying plane overhead...(same altitude as if on approach) however I live right next to Ft Lauderdale airport... the approach the plane was taking was strange and not normal(south of the airport headed north).. normally planes when at that altitude are alreadly on the east bound\west bound landing route... My intuition told me somthing is wrong with this plane... Never seen a plane that low coming from that direction and close to airport...Now just to make this clear the sun was still low towards the east and the "plane" that was on this northbound track started turning westward... mind you the plane was only flying 80- 100 knots? same speed a commercial airliner would take on a inbound approach ... I also heard the engine sound clearly... as I was tracking the plane........ it went behind a tree... then engine sound was gone abrubtly... i ran around the tree to see where it had gone..... and puff!!! plane disapeared.. another interesting fact is when I squinted my eyes to see the airline logo I could not see wings...........could be my eyes playing tricks on that one..but there is no way when i had a super clear view of the sky in all directions that a plane flying that low and that slow could have just disapeared without making a sound within 4-5 seconds???????????? Even if plane went 100 percent full throttle shoudlnt I have heard the engine noise get very loud and not disapear??????? somthing very very strange is going on.. I am the only witness to this.. but hey who looks up at planes often...an average person would never have noticed... heck I even doubt a pilot would even notice... I love planes and have always tracked them since I was a kid...... this has never happened before. Unless commercial airliners are now outfitted with some new silent super propulsion system I missed...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have seen the same thing, so you are not crazy. The one I saw was very high , flying behind another plane and just disappeared. The other plane kept on its course.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I live about 20 miles west of Boston and saw something similar yesterday. I have lived in the area for 25 years and have NEVER seen anything like this. I was outside Boston Sports Clubs in Natick Ma, which is right off of Rt 9 by the Natick mall, and saw what looked to be a 747 with no markings on it flying extremely low. Im talking 2000 ft altitude. The funny thing was, it wasn't trying to gain altitude, it was leveled off crusing at 2000 ft maybe less. It was coming from east which is the Logan Airport area but by the time planes fly over Natick, they are almost at cruising altitude and they look like tiny dots.

The first thing I thought was that it must have been in trouble but it sounded fine and I saw no smoke, and im sure if there were problems it would have returned to logan, but it was leveled off and disappeared over the horizon to the SW

Very strange stuff

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i live a good distance from any airport that i perceive able to accomidate this size planeand i took this picture recently, date stamp is wrong by 2 years, but i thought it was too low for the distance it was from the airport.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I think you misunderstood post. The plane I saw never disappeared over the horizon. It was just there one moment and then it just vanished into thin air. Plane was at 11 o'clock, at 1 o'clock it just vanished.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

You are not alone. In fact, it's been proven, as far as I'm concerned, that something is going on with our seemingly domestic aircraft.

On top of the crazy influx of ufos / sightings, we are now seeing a quickly growing number of accounts of people seeing what appear to be domestic aircraft acting EXTREMELY bizarrely.

Here is one such ATS thread called, "have you ever seen a plane stand still" I found several other threads here at ATS, as well as video evidence to support what you and others are saying that I posted on page 2 of that thread.

I just can't believe (actually, I can) that yet another person has come out and said this.

What the hell is going on?

What's even stranger is the fact that these planes are engaging in this behavior near, or actually over airports, including Washington/Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia.

This means that A) These airports are witnessing this behavior also, but are keeping silent, or B) That this activity isn't being picked up by radar, etc.

This activity, however, is being reported by multiple witnesses, who are also gathering photo and video evidence of this activity. This means that although it may not be picked up by radar, these airport traffic controllers / tower personnel should be seeing this activity with their own eyes - and are still keeping it a secret.

Does anyone grasp what is occurring here?

At the very least this is a safety concern, as these craft are hovering, or performing very unusual maneuvers in our active airspace and close to heavily populated areas - not to mention near our airports!!

These planes are exhibiting behavior typically associated with ufos, so one really has to wonder what's happening.

Because of the terrific increase in ufo and reports of these aircraft, which include commercial jets, personal jets, military jets and helicopters, we have to surmise that we are on the verge of a major shift with regard to ET / ufo activity.

Reports like the original poster's here, and like this fellow's - LINK - are becoming the norm.

It feels like we've reached a whole new level...So what's next?

If you are watching television and are concerned about the economy guess what, there are bigger things happening overhead that threaten to quickly overtake news about taxes or the housing market.

Just want to say thank you for sharing this.

Things really are getting strange...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

... mind you the plane was only flying 80- 100 knots? same speed a commercial airliner would take on a inbound approach ... I also heard the engine sound clearly...

freepatriot, I could possibly help you if you can remember the details.

Firstly, a commercial jet cannot fly as slow as "80-100" kts.

Was it a jet? What did the 'engine sound' sound like?

Some exact descriptions while yourmemory is fresh could help.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by atswheat
This means that A) These airports are witnessing this behavior also, but are keeping silent, or B) That this activity isn't being picked up by radar, etc.

You forgot one possibility:

"C) It's something perfectly normal for the people in the airport."

Why can't it be something like an optical illusion (like the aeroplane that does not move), it happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

There is a SE-NW landing strip (or whatever those things are called
), could it be possible for that aeroplane to land on that?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by ArMaP

There is a SE-NW landing strip (or whatever those things are called
)

Well, I remember in the 1960s some airline, as an advertising promotion, had the flight attendants do a show at the end of the flight.....

But, the common term today is "Runway"

... could it be possible for that aeroplane to land on that?

here's the link:

flightaware.com...

(Yours didn't come thru, ArMaP) EDIT: I take it back, see it now....and it's prettier

[edit on 6/14/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
earthfiles.com had a report about this phenomenon last week...

www.earthfiles.com...

I've also heard and read stories about this type of thing before. What better way to hide than in plain sight?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oldgoat

As far as I understand it, thefreepatriot saw this during the day, so it's not a case of "Aerial Lights That Mimic Stars, Helicopters and Airplanes"

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How about a cylinder UFO.
No wings.
Could have a metallic shell.
Could make engine noise.
Could go very fast.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

May I ask how you can claim that it :"...disappears from view" when having been behind the tree at that moment?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Disappearing planes with no markings and none reported missing?Its because they werent real!Iv'e read of u.f.o.s cloaking themselves as domestic airlines before.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Old saucer sightings said they heard the hum of electricity.
Now days one rarely gets that close.
Yet the frequency involved must be higher the human hearing
and the hum is from a generator and not the suspension or propulsion preponderance of AC electricity.

Still any type of engine might be used now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a similar experience I had a few years back. I was looking out of my bedroom window when I lived at my parents house. It was night time and I saw a light appear on the hill in the distance. Now this hill was just that, a hill. there is no way this could have been an aeroplane as the hill is far too low. The light moved closer and closer until it was overhead, which is when I saw that it was a small passenger aircraft of the kind which regularly fly over the area. I remember being totally confused. There is no way the aircraft was flying that low when it was in the distance. It's also not a case of my vantage point making it seem that the plane was that low. The only conclusion I was able to draw was that it was not the aircraft it seemed to be but something else 'pretending' to be one. Strange stuff. good thread

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
maybe the plane lost engine power and glided in for an emergency landing somewhere, if not the airport.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Also, what kind of day was it? clear and sunny? cloudy? foggy?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by atswheat

I agree with you 100% that there is something going on with planes.
Now I don't know if it's by man, alien, or nature but still something is just off.

Here's another thread where I posted my experience about a different type of phenomenon that a few people including myself have been witnessing you've probably seen it already but if not here's the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(it didn't get much attention but the article is very interesting)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join