It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists Got Me Fired: Fox Columnist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Scientologists Got Me Fired: Fox Columnist

www.newser.com...

A Fox News columnist sacked after he reviewed a pirated copy of Wolverine insists he was actually fired because he was targeted by scientologists, reports the New York Daily News. Kelly Preston and a Scientology spokesman pressured Fox News boss Roger Ailes to ax Roger Friedman because of his pieces criticizing the cult, according to a source. Tom Cruise also may have made Friedman's firing a condition of his appearance in an upcoming Fox movie, said the source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have heard many things about this cult, but this shouldn't surprise anyone in particular, they are a well funded cult and well organized compared to other groups that around.

Anyway here is a nice video for all to enjoy, happy viewing and you can make your own judgement about it all. Lets not forget that millions are being poured into this group as part of your pledge to support them financially in order to be within the elite circle.

www.newser.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ahhh, Scientology. You know, no mater how hard I try I just can't get my head round it. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and so many more, too many to mention in fact - all of these I can accept. Scientology just stumps me though.

Nobody disputes that the belief system was created in 1957 by L. Ron Hubbard as a successor to his self-help system, Dianetics. How, in any way shape or form can it be accepted as a religion? How?

So we're all immortal spiritual beings that have lost our true nature? OK, so far, this contrasts well with many belief systems, but then we get the detail. Thetans? Hmmm, strange how the enlightenment of spiritual beings who have forgotten their roots attracts such fiscal success for those that give the enlightenment, don't ya think?

I am happy for people to believe in any crazy sh*t that they deem applicable to their lives, hell, I have some pretty far outs beliefs myself, but this is clearly a pyramid scheme thought up by a science-fiction writer with delusions of spiritual enlightenment.

Apparently intelligent people get caught up in this! Arthur C. Clarke missed his calling, he'd have been bigger than Christ if only he had gone with the religion theme. Carl Sagan? Could have been lauded as a holy prophet if only he'd have run a few seminars and charged for a few pamphlets.

The whole concept is nonsense, complete nonsense. I fear for humanity simply because of the retarded nature of the gene pool that adhere to this. If only it was a suicide cult then perhaps we could laugh about it and consider it a lucky escape for society.

Ahhh well, back to selling my own urine as a holy curative I guess. Someday, I'll be as big as Scientology and then you'll see!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It only takes reading a few posts on this board to realize the world is full of gullible people -- a convincing speaker and a line of bull sh** and they buy it hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wonder in which decade we can look forward to Scientology Fundamentalists? I suppose that on the bright side, any attacks can be countered by confiscating the weapons and "touching them" to our injuries!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

How, in any way shape or form can it be accepted as a religion? How?

How, in any shape or form can Britney Spears be accepted as a talented musician and make boatloads of money?

Some answers, I don't want to have. They are just too scary. Watch that video above, those dudes are seriously brainwashed - there is part of your answer if not all of it.

What cracks me up about the Scientologists is this line - "What about your crimes" or "What crimes are you helping to cover up today" said to "attackers" of the cult. Hell, with so many laws on the books nowadays and more being added quicker than you can say your name, everyone has committed, at the very least, a thought crime before breakfast and is guilty of something, even these Scientologist fools.

I would so love to go undercover and expose whatever I could of these guys but I suck at lying and could never play the part. Anonymous is doing it's thing to expose the cult's lies and deceptions but I fear it's not enough. They have money - lots of it - and money buys lawyers which helps their cause significantly. Bloody lawyers.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i'm glad somebody in the media got fired

they're all FRAUDS

getting paid to gossip about fake politicians LMFAO!

[edit on 14-6-2009 by AReptileFeeder]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Lil' ole' Britney doesn't argue for legislative recognition of her status as a Holy Prophet, although I think that Madonna might go down this route as some point. The girl from the backwoods does her thing, people pay their money and take their choice.

However, the IRS exemption was the beginning of the end when they decided to classify Scientology as a religion - of course, the legal cases and harassment brought by the cult were of no significance. No, not at all, u-hu, nope, no sireeee. Can you believe that this bunch of shiney suit wearing androids did better than the Mafia? How the Dons must be shaking their heads and thinking, "If only we'd taken the religious route..."

Perhaps we should all try harder? I am sure that paying taxes is against the fundamental belief systems of practically everyone so maybe we should all consider ourselves as living against our religious lifestyle choice? I am sure we can all come up with something better than Xenu and the hydrogen bombs in volcanoes for spiritual metaphors.

Well, we get the world we deserve I suppose.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
SCIENTOLOGY: We give the criminally insane something to do with their lives.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My favorite quote from the video - "What are you afraid that Hubbard knows about you" (~5 minutes)

Just goes to show you the extent some have been indoctrinated.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Who cares he worked for FOX. shame they cant get more of them fired.(not that i support scientology at all)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh i can see this is going to be a very interesting thread. Naturally i could not disappoint the viewers or members who happen to casually click through.

So if your just a casual member surfing the internet and clicking on this thread i would like to hear or should i say read your thoughts and if your a member of this site, just type your thoughts and lets see how this discussion might turn out. In the mean time, here is some factual insight.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I personally think it is just him finding an excuse for why he got fired, because him BREAKING THE LAW and blatently bragging about doing so, I am sure had nothing to do with it. He wants to blaim anyone but himself for his own wrongdoing, and found a cult to point the finger at.

I do not care for scientology, but this criminal is just looking for an excuse.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of x-c.i.a. methods used in the 70's

top topics

join