It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

134 billion U.S. dollars in a suitcase Bonds are probably smuggled genuine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

134 billion U.S. dollars in a suitcase Bonds are probably smuggled genuine

translate.google.com

Hit for the Zöllner: The contraband securities valued at 134 billion U.S. dollars are apparently real. Die italienische Finanzpolizei hatte zwei Japaner ertappt, die im doppelten Boden eines Koffers milliardenschwere Anleihen in die Schweiz schaffen wollten. The Italian financial police had two Japanese caught in the false bottom suitcase billion-dollar bonds in Switzerland wanted to create. Von dem Fund profitiert das hochverschuldete Italien.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
2 Japanese Carrying $134 Bil Worth Of U.S. Bonds Detained in Italy

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well this just takes the cake. The bonds are real?
Why on earth were they smuggled into a foreign country then?

Makes you wonder why Japan's Yosano needed to say this:

“We have complete trust in the fact that the U.S. views its strong-dollar policy as fundamental,” Yosano, 70, said in an interview in Tokyo on June 10 before attending a Group of Eight meeting of finance ministers starting today in Italy. “So our trust in U.S. Treasuries is absolutely unshakable.”
Bloomberg

This just gets curiouser and curiouser...

Also makes you wonder why I had to find this out from a blog and german newspaper rather than a US news provider.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Somehow I can't really see them paying a 40 billion custom fine. I wonder which gov is behind those pretended Japanese. We prolly won't hear from them anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by townio

I'd send them through the mail in an inconspicuous envelope....

With the return address of an old folks home.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well the real question is if these bonds are real.. to whom were they issued? This dollar amount is too enormous to NOT be tracked. I would assume they would be tied to some large scale government transaction for *something*. Do these guys own Honda? or what?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Ha! Honda is definitely not worth near as much as 134 billion to put the collateral up for these bonds. I suspect a government as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I read somewhere that some of them are real and some fake.
Apparently some are dated so old that amount of money wouldn't have been available in single bond format back then.

www.bloomberg.com...

The seized notes include 249 securities with a face value of $500 million each and 10 additional bonds with a value of more than $1 billion, the police force said on its Web site. Such high denominations would not have existed in 1934, the purported issue date of the notes, Mecarelli said. Moreover, the “Kennedy” classification of the bonds doesn’t appear to exist, he said.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i bet this never hits our msm,,, and it dies a quick death,,, with us never hearing the result ,,,, who they belonged to etc etc

someone is probably in a world of crap for getting caught

and i bet this could blow a big lid of some hidden motives

and yet most avg joe's will have no clue,,, care for more than a minute,,, or be able to connect the dots behind what this could mean

someone, or many are dirty

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

hey it was on the glen beck show today.It might of been only like 5 minutes,but at least it was on the MSM.They still don't know if they are real or not.One person said they might be from the 50's or 60'.Dumb question would they still be good if real and that old?

philip

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Additional speculation going on here too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if we'll ever learn the truth about this. It sure is suspicious that the top MSM outlets have yet to report this. I've even checked a few NEWS search engines and entered a few keyworks (Italy Japanese bonds) and NOTHING comes up. It's as if someone is trying to suppress this story. And now we got both the Japanese and Russians talking UP the dollars? Sounds like a pump and dump scam going down.

new topics

top topics

join