It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Thought Experiment (2) - Meditation Session on Following Your Chi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
TIME AND DATE - 21st JUNE @ 4PM EST (USA)

Hi folk. Seeing as the first experiment was very popular here is the second installment this time with hopefully a better more realistic outcome.

As always feel free to contribute.

OK Here is my initial idea for our next experiment. For those of you that have seen the film Donnie Darko imagine you can visualise you energy flow/intention as a stream. Well as an excercise I would like to suggest you all go out for half an hour and imagine your energy flow/intention as an extention of chi energy coming out of your heart chakra/chest area. I want you to observe where intention aka energy is going when you interact with other people and things around you. What are you looking at and focusing on? (which often steers your energy) What is distracting you? What are you thinking? Are you being challenged? Is anyone else picking up on what you are doing?

Couple of pointers for the experiment. Try and do some exercises to raise your energy levels before the experiment begins. When you go out focus on the energy stream of intention leaving your chest, watch it contract when it hits something or expand when it is freer. Keep your path straight, this might sound silly but don't move asside for others if you can help it. Try to make a mental note of everything, sights, sounds, interactions etc. Be fully aware of your environment and if you can try and switch off 'normal' mode of mind and go stealth. Become the investigator and experiment but do this while keeping the mind open and quiet.

What do you think?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hey I guess I'm looking for some clarification, what kind of exercises do you think we should do to raise our energy levels? How far out do you imagine the energy? Why not move aside for others?
That last one seems like it would create problems on its own that would mess with the experience because that could easily piss people off in itself, regardless of chi focus.

I think fleshing out the idea a little better would get more responses!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gamechanger

Yeah for those who don't know much about this thing it could be hard visualising energy levels and feeling the energy.
A technique used during the early stages of a chakra meditation involves breathing in through your nose whilst imagining energy entering your 7th chakra(Sahasrara: The Crown Chakra), roughly located on your forehead. Then whilst breathing out you imagine the energy moving down the chakras into the one near the base of your spine (Muladhara: The Base Chakra) or the one above Svadisthana: The Sacral Chakra.
As you can see I don't know much myself but this could help get the energy flowing?

new topics

join