It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What year was 9/11?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Nola...thank you for sharing.

As to 'ignorance'??

You could stop those same people, from the "What year was 9/11?" video, and ask them any number of basic questions, such as...."What is the closest Star to the Earth?" "What is dihydrogen monoxide, and should we feed it to our kids?" Or, "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

AND, so on.

Here's a funny....some language.....beware!!

Same results, with judicious editing.....(except for the last two questions...comedy GOLD there, I tells ya!!!!
)

EDIT to add this:

[edit on 6/14/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
reply to post by Jeasaaone

he didnt fairly win those elections though... atleast in my opionon and its pretty obviosu to everyone. There is no way in hell he fairly won those elections. Only people I've ever heard of (and people I gladly don't associate with) that voted for him are stupid southern hicks... people on the west and east coast did not vote for bush. Bush winning is no way a indicator of american intelligence either.

While I applaud your standing up for the US I also think your blanket
phrase of the only ones who voted for W were "stupid southern hicks"
was a bit biased and bigoted not to mention incorrect.

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Zaydie]

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Zaydie]

I wasnt calling all people in the south hicks or anything thats not what I meant. I did however mean that anyone that voted for him is a hick, i completely believe that. But there are hicks all over america not just in the south (all hick means to me is a ignorant person). I even have some friends that voted for him and all the ones that did vote for him that I personally know are the dumbest and most ignorant people I know and don't know anything about the world (doesn't mean i hate them though they are still my friends). But like I said I don't think all of these people even voted for him, its obvious he stole both elections with voter fraud... etc... but thats old news no need to get into that.

But blah blah blah I'm just ranting.

But I am sorry I shouldn't have made that statement it was wrong I wasn't quite thinking when I typed it.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jeasaaone]

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jeasaaone]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Now that I think about it I'm not too surprise actually.When someone speaks of 9/11 they say 9/11 or September 11.As far as I know nobody would say 9/11/01 or September 11 of 2001.
They speak and still remember the day and month,but very little people say the year,in my observation anyway.I think that people don't remember the year of the attacks because not a lot of people mention it,just the day and month.
So I don't think they're stupid,they're just forgetful.And can you blame them?Would people really want to remember the terrible experience on that day of the attacks?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
First of all, I am not American, but...

1. It's easy to go to NYC and ask lots and lots of people, and only pick out those ignorant ones for the TV show for a good laugh about the Americans. Forget the 70% (or higher) smart ones.

2. The American education is in fact lower than Europe and Asia. I studied in the US, Germany, UK, Taiwan. How come I sucked at Math in Germany, and aced Math in the US?

but that does not mean people in the US are dumber than in Europe and Asia. It's just a different style of education.

The Asians are great in school, but don't know how to apply their knowledge in the real world, as they are just taught how to ace exams.

The American schools are not so smart, but graduates are able to use their judgment and logic to attain goals in their daily lives, just like the Europeans do.

The Europeans have a harder education, but then don't we all forget what we learned in school anyway? heheh

General knowledge is an issue for many: Who is Susan Boyle? lol

3. The ruling elite don't want the Americans to have a high education. They want to dumb y'all down, so that you don't question their conspiracies.

4. In Taiwan people don't remember when the most horrific earthquake happened. I have to tell them it was in 1999. They just know the month and day, just like 9/11.

5. Conclusion: not only the Americans are dumb, forgetful and/or ignorant. It happens all the world around.

My German classmates didn't know where most of the countries, mountains, cities, rivers etc. were on the map. The British don't know English grammar, just like the Americans.

So even though I do like to laugh at American's ignorance, when you think about it, all countries have equally ignorant people. It doesn't matter if it's in the US, Europe or Asia or anywhere else.

But I am still shocked that 30% of the people questioned did not know what year 9/11 happened!
Anyone should know that!!! It didn't happen in 2011, sorry...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Even less people know about 9/11/1973

This only illustrates that 9/11 is not as important to "the American people" as much as the politicians are trying to making it out to seem. I'm pretty sure none of those people would have agreed with the passage of the USA PATRIOT Act.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We are all humans of a beautiful world ...so just stop fighting and lets maintain peace !

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
To be more objective and to see how really the american public is dumb... You go ask 10% (about 500) of all family who've lost a loved one in Iraq/Afghanistan.

It would be a shame if 10% of those families wouldn't know the whole story about why their child died.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't think the 9/11 video was an attempt to ridicule people, even though that's how the original poster presented it. I believe the video was meant to show how there's still a lot of sleepers out there and it's time for people to wake up. It's a call for people to become more knowledgable about 9/11 and the 9/11 truth movement.

So it really doesn't matter if they weeded out the ones that knew the answer. It wasn't meant to be a scientific study or show what percent of the population are dumb. The whole point is to show you how there's still people who don't know anything about 9/11 and it's calling on them to educate themselves. I would think anyone who's taken the time to investigate 9/11 for themselves would know that it's 2001, and so does the author of this video. These people are being willfully ignorant masses because they have not taken the time to learn about anything, let alone question it.

Now I don't know how effective the ad was in carrying out its purpose, but I believe that was the intent.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yes.... America is full of brain dead, clueless ass hats who walk around with their thumbs up their behinds all day long, picking their noses, drinking their lattes, text messaging one another pictures of their stupid cat and all around being complete brain dead degenerate wastes of space who have no interest or propensity for anything important in life....political or otherwise.

And they damn near ALL voted for Barack Obama last November.

Welcome to the new America. God help us all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I live in America, and yes, I think alot of people here really need to brush up on their caring of something 'other than themselves' mentality as a whole.

However. I know alot of countries around the world have also banned certain toxins among other things that have been proven to lower a persons IQ, make them complacent, and apathetic. Here they are pushed on us, usually without our knowledge or permission. If you just look past the fact that that could possibly make a difference, maybe your the one who is ignorant.

Mix that with the force-fed obsession with television, beauty, media, etc.. and the combination is quite lethal. It is hard to find someone to talk with about anything worth hearing anymore.

In order for the good ol US of A to become such the bad guy, you would have to subdue the citizens first.

Step 1: Make them all dumb, blind, depressed, drugged, and confuse them in every and any way possible.

Step 2: Well there is no step 2. Take over.

Right? And you ask yourselves why no one notices. No one is meant to. That's why it's working.

Now I don't usually stand up for people that need to wake up and look around.. but instead of just giving in to the "Not surprised" attitude, how about try to think outside the box? Honestly I just feel bad for people like that anymore..

If you live here and are even remotely aware of your surroundings, it almost drives you completely insane because it is quite obvious that something is at the very least wrong with this country. But NO ONE seems to notice or care. Or think they can't do anything about it. Just giving up before even thinking about trying. What's that called again? Complacency? Apathy?...

Frustrating? You bet. But it really is not our fault as a whole. We did not do this to ourselves. I'm pretty sure things like this were tested out in Germany first. Don't you ever wonder why it worked?

Who knows. Maybe I'm completely wrong. But either way, there are wayyyyy too many distractions of *snip* on purpose. It is very easy to become involved in your own life.

It's just the way of life that's sadly changing..

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Not only in America...
The world need to brush up on their caring!

Originally posted by ohh_pleasee
I live in America, and yes, I think alot of people here really need to brush up on their caring of something 'other than themselves' mentality as a whole.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/597df8ef0446.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rokondo

Fair enough, Lol.

Although I'm not too quick about saying my definite opinion of another country's views or stupidity as a whole, for I do not live there.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dino1989
Wow ...i cant believe people are this dumb, how many percent of Americans are like this?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by dino1989]

Help quick, what's the number for 911

Or calling 911 for McNuggets

No really, Americans really are that dumb.
I don't think think there is country on the Planet that doesn't mock, tease, ridicule or scoff,
take the mickey of Americans being American.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Come on guys. Give us a break. Those were WalMart shoppers. How bright could they possibly be? They probably cannot even read the Made in China labels. They likely don't even know what year they were asked the question.

Besides where are the remainder of the answers in the hour spent at WalMart? Gasp. Did even the majority of MaoMarters get the question right?

[edit on 6/15/09 by SPreston]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

WOW, I would say I am pretty much an average American, and I take offense to that. How many people were really asked that question, in the video, and then edited to show only the dumb, ignorant people??? and really, what difference does it make? no matter how "DUMB" your neighbor is, you should love them, not belittle them, or judge them. Life is not about who is smarter...its about coming together as a race, the human race.

imo there are better things to waste your time on. my $.02

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As I've said again and again...you can't judge a nation by a few "stupid people"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
As I've said again and again...you can't judge a nation by a few "stupid people"

There's a little bit of Homer in every American, some obviously more
than others. And I'm sure Peter Griffin would be based somebody as
well.

Almost every day in the News, you can say "Only in America"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ok i was talking about 9/11 today, and the guy seriously asked me what year it was. and he then started to say "19.." he eventually said 2001 but geez, thats insane.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Man. We need to do a better job than this. I am so embarrassed to be in this country, because this is just the tip of the iceberg.
I would love to say luckily it is only 30% but then I am reminded of how big 30% is.

I am so disappointed in my fellow brethren. :shk:

I would like to amend my p.1 comment. I did take into account the people who "go blank" in front of a camera or under pressure. Sometimes I am one of those people.

So the videos also must take that into account, since most, if not all of those people, are rarely in front of a camera.

just a thought...

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join