It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What year was 9/11?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
there are stupid people everywhere.
you can focus on one group of stupid people and magnify how dumb they are all you want.
doesn't make them more dumb.
or does "dumb" even have degrees of itself?
the main reason i think the U.S. is shown to have dumb people in it is because everybody looks there for anything.
even dumb people.
you don't see videos about "OMG LOOK AT HOW STUPID UGANDANS ARE HAHAHAH!"
you see american videos about dumb people because it's almost like.. some kind of cruel ironic oxy-moron.. the world's leading country is filled with many uneducated civilians.

yes it's embarassing.
but it's an illusion as well.
remember...there are many idiots everywhere.

-

Well Said! I bet if you took a camera onto the streets of just about any major city on earth you could get the same results.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeasaaone
blah blah blah you idiots from other countries to love to laugh at the "stupid things americans do" but i GUARANTEE YOU if you went around the streets of your own country asking these questions you'd get some pretty stupid responses too. Its not just america the world is full of idiots.

You are exactly right.
I remember a poll from just a few years ago that found 50% of Brits had never heard of Auschwitz,

Seems the media are to blame for these two events in history.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
For anyone who thinks their country is any better than the US, just wait until it bottoms out and see how your country is affected.

I think you'll find our banks, politicians and military industries have made it such that most of the civilized world (ie if you are using the internet, probably you) needs us to survive. It's very stupid but it won't be very funny. When the dollar goes, and when our infrastructure goes, a lot of other things go with them, all over the world. Because our banks, companies, etc. have intentionally done this; they have intentionally gotten their hands into so many other peoples' business, it is all very related now.

Btw, before you blame us, you let it happen to your countries yourself. You let us come in and do all kinds of dirty business with your country. Just like we have passively allowed our own country to be taken by crooks. We are all guilty of the same thing: not doing anything about it.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by bsbray11]

I'm just curious... do you dress up like Emperor Palpatine when you write stuff like this?
Lol... I'm just messin with you. Fact is, you are correct.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread, I remembered this other video my husband found one day.

He came up to me and said "What year was 9/11" and it took me about 3 seconds to answer. Then he showed me the video that inspired him to ask me.

It was one of those times in my life that helped me to understand why some men seem to assume I'm not very bright, simply because I'm a woman. Like George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans) said "If there were one level of feminine incompetence as strict as the ability to count three and no more, the social lot of women might be treated with scientific certitude."

This thread has helped me understand why some people in other countries might look at us as uneducated and hypocritical. While politicians are constantly going on about 9/11, many people don't even remember when it happened or know how many lives were lost.

Part of me is ashamed of being a woman and being an American. Please understand, there are smart and informed women and Americans. I'm sorry the stupid people stand out more. Our social lot as Americans can't be treated with scientific certitude.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Chaser's War on Everything is SUCH a funny show... I LOVE it! My friends and I have been watching it since it first aired on one of the cable channels here in the states.

There are dummies in every country, though, so even though foreigners understand how stupid American culture/society is, there are still plenty of Americans who laugh at the idiots here, as well.

The worst part about those videos is they were asking people in NEW YORK about 9/11 lol

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

I'd have to agree with a youtube comment.

They sure didn't show the number of people that got that crap right - just the ones that didn't. To top that off... let's see.. Their video was 1:07 - INCLUDING - the intro and outro.... so actually about 45-50 seconds of people saying they didn't know. Out of an hour there.

Please.

Average results.

5% of the people interviewed didn't know. I want to see all the footage they cut because they were angry that more people knew than didn't.

Kids.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All I know is people with big giant egos and think they are better than others are the worst people in the entire world. We have people like this all over the world, and they all suck.

edit: typed up a big rant but nevermind, who cares

By the way guys what is so funny abou that chasers show? They are doing absolutely nothing on that show that tom green and jackass and all those idiots didn't do ten years ago. I saw one episode of chasers where they put a stocking on their head and pretend to be a robber, exactly the idiotic kind of thing you'd see on jackass. All they do is go around and bother people, you people call americans dumb and that is what you find funny? Atleast in america we stop laughing at those kind of shows like 5 years ago. lmao i laugh at you. No grown adult honestly thinks that kind of stuff is funny, all of you must be a bunch of rich spoiled college kid brats if you dig that type of humor.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jeasaaone]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Original script of Gordon Sinclair's (Canadian Television commentator) commentary:

"The Americans" The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany.

It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Who rushed in with men and money to help?

The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Misssissippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped. The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans. I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes. Come on... let's hear it!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Gordon Sinclair Commentary cont'd.

Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or women on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ... unless they are breaking Canadian laws..are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here. When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble?

I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians.

And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke. This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over… has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

ORIGINAL SCRIPT AND AUDIO COURTESY STANDARD BROADCASTING CORPORATION LTD. (c) 1973 BY GORDON SINCLAIR

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The point of the videos is to show people that the average American doesn't have the slightest grasp of what's going on in the world, but they still go to polls and elect the people who set domestic and global policy.

As much fun as it is to poke fun at people who can't find France on a map, the scary truth is that these people still form opinions about them. The whole 'freedom fries' craze comes to mind.

The stupid people are winning.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I personally think you're being harsh. It wasn't the American people who went to war, it was their corrupt government. Quite a lot of American's are simply not interested, simply because they have no control over what their government does. After all it makes no difference whose in power, be they Republicans or Democrats, as they are both as bad as each other and serve the same evil. It's exactly the same here in the UK or elsewhere. Do you honestly think that most people here in the UK care about what's going on in Iraq. It probably doesn't even cross their minds unless they have loved ones serving in the army, airforce or navy.

Of course everyone should take more of an interest in world news, politics & specifically what their government has done or is doing, but most people simply don't, mainly because like everyone else they feel completely powerless when it comes to changing things for the better. The only power for change we have is when we vote & voting for the other guy makes no difference whatsoever, because we simply end up with the same s###, just a different asshole and the same evil pulling their strings.

If you ask me, the stupid people are those who support & are quite happy to go along with whatever their government does. These people throw a fit if you ever question the actions of their government. Trust me, I've met plenty of these people and ironically most of them come from educated backgrounds or serve in the army etc. Some of them are seriously brainwashed & dumbed down.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I assure you that not all Americans are blind or stupid. There will be a time in the not to near future when the American people will be called upon to defend the promise of our ancestors. People are beginning to "wake up" in America and recognize the "elite" do not represent the interests or the ideals of the American people. The American people have been misled by the media and the government to a degree that has not been seen or experienced by another nation. The American people have been led astray in small part for some time. We're waking up, I assure you.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The entire panet is full of stupid lazy people. It's that simple. Unfortunately, anyone with enough intelligence to think for themselves gets tons of # for it - that's the REAL problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It appears the stupidity gene has not spared American politicans either. The following video is from Canadian television personality, Rick Mercer, of the CBC.

Beginning at around 2:42, the Jean Poutine question to those moron politicians is a classic. For those who do not know, poutine is a dish of french fries, gravy and melted cheese originating from Quebec. The Prime Minister of Canada at the time was not Jean Poutine, it was Jean Chretien, a guy who had his own stupidity issues, since he could speak neither French nor English properly.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

I personally think you're being harsh. It wasn't the American people who went to war, it was their corrupt government. Quite a lot of American's are simply not interested, simply because they have no control over what their government does. After all it makes no difference whose in power, be they Republicans or Democrats, as they are both as bad as each other and serve the same evil. It's exactly the same here in the UK or elsewhere. Do you honestly think that most people here in the UK care about what's going on in Iraq. It probably doesn't even cross their minds unless they have loved ones serving in the army, airforce or navy.

Of course everyone should take more of an interest in world news, politics & specifically what their government has done or is doing, but most people simply don't, mainly because like everyone else they feel completely powerless when it comes to changing things for the better. The only power for change we have is when we vote & voting for the other guy makes no difference whatsoever, because we simply end up with the same s###, just a different asshole and the same evil pulling their strings.

If you ask me, the stupid people are those who support & are quite happy to go along with whatever their government does. These people throw a fit if you ever question the actions of their government. Trust me, I've met plenty of these people and ironically most of them come from educated backgrounds or serve in the army etc. Some of them are seriously brainwashed & dumbed down.

Exactly this is what I was trying to say in my posts you put it much more eloquently than me.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
... nevermind... delete this post please...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
the big problem with this vid and others with a similar premise - is that they ONLY show the people who answer incorrectly .

its all very well if you are attempting to push a flawed adjenda - but its ultimately meaningless if you have to consign 5000 correct answers to the cutting room floor - just to get the 50 you " need " to " proove " that people are stupid

i have been ` interviewed ` in the street in a similar manner - and as they turned to leave - the ` presenter ` told his camera man ` skip that guy ` , i guess answering 12 out of 15 questions on current buttish politics wasnt what they were after - i guess they were looking for ` dumb people too `

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeasaaone

he didnt fairly win those elections though... atleast in my opionon and its pretty obviosu to everyone. There is no way in hell he fairly won those elections. Only people I've ever heard of (and people I gladly don't associate with) that voted for him are stupid southern hicks... people on the west and east coast did not vote for bush. Bush winning is no way a indicator of american intelligence either.

While I applaud your standing up for the US I also think your blanket
phrase of the only ones who voted for W were "stupid southern hicks"
was a bit biased and bigoted not to mention incorrect.

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Zaydie]

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Zaydie]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

As a New Zealander it wouldn't be fair to comment on Australians other than to say that a former Prime Minister of ours (Rob Muldoon) said (when talking about NZers emigrating to Australia) that it 'raised the IQ on both sides of the Tasman"

As an Australian, I find that quote brilliant, and funny as all hell. Star for you, sir/madam, as the case may be!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's very pathetic, but they only show you all the fools that give the wrong answer.

For me it's easy, since I lost my leg one year to the day before 9/11.

That was 9/11/00. I remember I moved from NY to FL after my accident and saw the whole thing on TV in 2001. So yea, 9/11/2001, I won't easily forget that. Not like I would anyway.

Some people don't even know how many states are in the U.S. It's pitiful. But again these shows and videos only show you the wrong answers, so it's a real percentage of how many random people know a certain question.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join