It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We as the people should be getting together, planning for the worst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
but hoping for the best. We as the people need to come together and claim our power back, through talk or through force - we should accept no more abuse. No more lies, no more treachery. We need the truth, and nothing but the truth, as we deserve nothing less then so. We, as the people need to reclaim our power over the government, and we must be able to defend ourselves if the worst was to happen, which in my honest opinion is also the most likely: They, the ones with the current power, strike on us - the people.

A few hundred years ago our nation fought for it's independence, and not long after fought for certain rights of different states, and the Boston tea party, the countless riots against the government, what happened to it all? We as the people don't have power anymore, or at least not much left to do anything about the situation we're in. The fact is, we as a people, need to riot, we need to tell the government in some way, shape or fashion as a people that we are done with being treated the way we are, that we want information and the true information, that we want the economy problem settled NOW and want new ways of energy to be explored.

I'm not saying to go out and riot, because we, as the people should be better then them, we should be better then that. We should try to discuss, and work out something, a way to claim the rights we once had, to not always be in fear of the government, to not be a nation in a dominate emotion of sadness or disgust, or being controlled and manipulated by fear. We, as the people need answers to such obvious problems, such as chemtrails, the existence of aliens, what ufos are and where they come from and so on, and we deserve nothing but the truth.

We need to regain the power the people of this nation once had.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
exactly, what im saying is that basically liberty and freedom won't die with resistance, but with acceptance. "Oh it's for our best!" "Oh, THEY know what's good for us, they sure do!" "Well, if it wasnt within our rights, then no wonder we can't do it anymore!"

No! We can't keep accepting, we are losing power as a nation, we are being controlled and manipulated by the government. We no longer have power to actually take a active role in the affairs of the government, we are looked down and lied upon, we fail to get straight answers from the government that is supposed to be there to serve us, the government that WE are supposed to have power over.

"[The people] are in truth the only legitimate proprietors of the soil and government." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1813. ME 19:197

"[It is] the people, to whom all authority belongs." --Thomas Jefferson to Spencer Roane, 1821. ME 15:328

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves in all cases to which they think themselves competent (as in electing their functionaries executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved), or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

join