It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

You see, this struggle is not the struggle of Iranians. Iranians against Iranians - that sounds stupid, doesn't it.

It is a class struggle.

The oppressed class consists of slaves (who are volunteers, because they gave their consent) and prisoners of war - those who never gave their consent to the existing system of oppression.

The idea of nations comes after the idea of religion, in history, and both were used to divide and deceive the oppressed and turn them against each other.

There isn't much need to elaborate on this. In present situation, the so called Global Society, or if you please the NWO, consists of two classes only, the oppressors and the oppressed. It does not consist of nations. In Iran, like everywhere else you have only the elite versus the oppressed ones.

[...]

Even if this Iranian uprising "succeeds" it will be quickly annulled by the "new" leadership which will be more aware of their place in the Great Game than the existing one.

Staford analysis is nothing more than "objective" journalism, and we all know how "objective" journalists really are.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't disagree with what you say, and held pretty much the same reductionist views as a university student.

What I learned since is that nothing can be easily simplified as it is in a textbook. When you're talking about tens of millions of people you can't separate them into two or even twenty categories.

There is a rich, powerful, privileged class in any society. And then there's the totally disenfrachised impoverished class at the opposite end of the spectrum. Where the agrarian class, the industrial class, the military, the clergy, the white collar, the blue collar, the self-employed, fit in is a judgement call. And within these categories are endless sub-categories.

So without knowing Iranian society well enough, I read up on it, and ask friends and associates who are from the society what they think.

I form a consensus from that.

They claim, just as Stratfor did, that what we see om the screen represents a tiny but highly vocal and visible minority.

Iranian society is fairly cohesive, think they have a protective government that adheres to strict Islamic values, does it's best to distribute wealth, and keeps exploitive Western elements and threatening Arab neighbours at bay.
A first year Political Science student may inform them they are oppressed, but hey don't see themselves as such.

They live in the best world they know of. What more could they ask. They simply want assurances their children will grow up in a decent environment with traditional values. The North Tehran privileged intellectual Westernized class with their Ipods and Twitter accounts do not represent them or their way of life. The government tells them these people are treasonous troublemakers, and they see no reason to disbelieve it.

That's Iran the country over their with those millions of individuals with different life experiences and viewpoints, not Iran the hotbed of revolution on the computer screen.

Id you feel they need to be informed they are oppressed, write them an letter, get it translated into Farsi, and do a mass mailing. Only the privileged class have Internet accounts.

Mike

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm so proud of the Iranian people, they are fighting an oppressive, fabricated government that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Just looking at history we can see the potential of Iran..really...look at footage of Iran in the 70s, booming economy, freedom of press, girls in mini skirts, unbelievable. I hope they really do succeed in some way.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's interesting to see that a child molester who enjoyed raping kids dying of cancer gets more attention in one day than a country fighting for their freedom has gotten in over a week. It makes me so sad.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

That is truely a low comment to make at the moment Dude, really!

I for one, never believed he 'molested' the kids, they may have slept in the same bed, they may have spent lots of time together, but physical sexual abuse? never believed it.
Im more inclined to believe people are more likely to blackmail a multi-millionaire out of money, then michael jackson raping young kids in his bed with no solid evidence.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My take on the situation?

I hear that Michael Jackson was loved, adored my many in Iran.
Searching on youtube you will find a plethora of young men imitating and dancing like MJ.

You know a leadership is truley wicked and cruel, when they probably believe the death of Michael Jackson is good, because it means that the people will take time out today to grieve instead of revolt.

Tomorrow will be a new day Persia.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by DraconianKing

That is truely a low comment to make at the moment Dude, really!

I for one, never believed he 'molested' the kids, they may have slept in the same bed, they may have spent lots of time together, but physical sexual abuse? never believed it.
Im more inclined to believe people are more likely to blackmail a multi-millionaire out of money, then michael jackson raping young kids in his bed with no solid evidence.

It may not prove anything to you, but before you dismiss the allegations you should read the documents here:

www.thesmokinggun.com...

on the above linked page, scroll down for the actual document

Do you honestly believe that child is making that up?

Read through it if your gut can handle it... Then take a look at the hundreds of other pages regarding other cases involving Jackson.

The totality alone is hard to dismiss.... He bought his way out of trouble, but the allegations are horrible.

I suppose you can theorize on how he is innocent in this case or that because he was acquitted in one, and paid the other boy and family millions to drop the case... etc.

But there is real evidence and a lot of it to support the case that Jackson was indeed a pedophile.

Now back to the topic.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Has anyone got any new news from Iran?
I would like to know what the current situation is.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

You can find all of the breaking news from Iran from a variety of sources, updated constantly as news is made available here:

www.1stheadlines.com...

You can refresh that page for the latest news, and/or check back often.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

I'd say, pretty much. some uppity college kids ran amok and burned stuff trying to get their way. Right about now they are being drug from their houses in the aftermath of their spent adrenaline. A fitting end to stupid youth. The fathers could have simply slung the sperm on a tree. Let this be a lesson to idealists with sticks and stones.

I'm not saying changing a country for the better is bad, I'm all for it in heaps and gobs. You just have to understand that people who strive for power are not going to just give it up. More than likely they will do ANYTHING to keep it. You think if one of the US states decided to become its own country we'd be saying "I applaud your love of freedom, go right on ahead". Not likely. More likely tanks would roll. The later being a good example of the natural hypocrisy of humanity. The foolish of Iran were likely played by western powers who did not care one iota about the number of lives given up. It will probably give a truer evil more leverage though.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Right about now they are being drug from their houses in the aftermath of their spent adrenaline. A fitting end to stupid youth. The fathers could have simply slung the sperm on a tree. Let this be a lesson to idealists with sticks and stones.

Wow... just wow. What a despicable post.

If all people had the outlook you had, I shudder thinking what the world would be like.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join