It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Live blog from Iran, updated hourly:

tehranlive.org...

Revolution is underway.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Does anyone know if protesters are only from Tehran, or from other places as well?

Also, were water cannons used? I can see tear gas from the pics on that blog (thanks for link!).

This looks like a student protest, similar to numerous ones in Serbia during 90's. To overthrow dictatorship in Belgrade, it took police force to join us, all kinds of people from the whole country and support from Russia as well (to influence the president).

The police seems soft on people in Tehran, they don't look too dedicated to the current regime. But I just saw few photos and videos.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Dobar Dan SassyCat

I mentioned on the page before a similar premise.
If its limited to a student revolt, it wont be effective, if there is another part of society that does the same, then there will be a different outcome. The Police would make a differenece only if they wish to have more power (thats what is boils down to, power bases) but they have morality police there that enforce SHARIA law, so its different to our traditional law enforcement.

Perhaps if Suni and Shiiites commence a harder power struggle that would then bring more 'facets' in to the mix, but its a power struggle then and thats not a 'social ideology revolution'

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Reality is formed only by those who believe it...

there is no reality outside of belief...

Stop blaming the passion of the youth and passing them off as fools... they are humans, and each of us Humans have the right to believe the way we wish...

There is nothing foolish about that unless you believe in some sort of absolute reality...

Name a nation where youth running amok has changed anything. They will change NOTHING here.

And those YouTube videos showing the "youth" uprising is misleading. I agree with many, this is a Western thing. It reminds me of all the chatter about Hugo Chavez being replaced prior to his second term. If you were to believe comments on forums, BBC, etc. you would have thought that Chavez was a goner for sure. But, most people that were posting either had access to a computer (small percent of the population) and or were majority a more entitled youth. Hugo Chavez easily won. The problem with youth is that they all think everybody posses the same thoughts and convictions that they do. They are disillusioned in their misguided enthusiasm.

Nothing will come of these protests except the crying mothers of the youth.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Tiananmen Square was 1989. And all other major uprisings of this kind in advanced countries were pre-Internet. Press and television are easy to suppress at source.

A critical mass has to be reached where those protesting don't feel they are in a losing minority position.

Iran is a difficult place for a revolt with the population beaten into submission for decades.

Will angry rebellion outweigh fear of reprisal?

I'd say likely not. This came too suddenly. No organized infrastructure for sustaining the momentum. Fearful farmers don't have much connection to urban Westernized university students.

This will likely settled down or be cracked down. But just might be the beginning of something.

There was a failed Communist Revolution in 1905 and they could only pull one off in 1917 with a World War raging. Hope things don't take so long here.

Wait and see if a charismatic student leader emerges as spokesman. An identity focus is always needed. He could get taken away, beaten to a pulp and become a martyr, or one day go on to become President of Iran.

Think Mandela or Castro.

Really hope this is the beginning of something.

Mike

[edit on 14-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone...

Is there any more news on whats happening???
I cant find anything more since the media blockout......

will this fizzle out once they bring in tanks???

is this a real revoluton going on now??

I think the higher ups are afraid on assination attempts after this....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

The fact remains they ARE the majority! 60+% of the population is under 30 years of age!

They ARE THE MAJORITY! Just imagine if 50% of the country of China was in Tienanmen square!

I have a feeling they are going to present the ultimate ultimatum.

Freedom or Death. What a way to go. Fighting tooth and nail for the chance to grasp freedom, if only for an instant in the middle of a riot!

Live like a slave or die like a free man or woman!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Freedom? Please wake up. This whole event is almost a 1:1 repeat of history...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's actually scary how similar it is.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

The fact remains they ARE the majority! 60+% of the population is under 30 years of age!

I don't think there are too many 5-10 year olds in rural villages rioting in the streets.

You're seeing mostly educated Westernized young people 16-25 years old, in the more affluent Northern part of Tehran protesting. Urban rich kids who account for maybe 1-2% of the population.

Their same age bracket counterparts are in the military who are armed and trained.

The country people just got sent hundreds of tons of potatoes to feed their hungry bellies courtesy of the newly elected President. Their children will not be rebelling any time soon.

Mike

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Who do you people think carries on the revolution?
Grandpas and Nannies?

This scares the spit out of western media, because it could become a reality there very soon if something isn't changed.

Obama will lead the revolution in America. He's all for change. Just wait...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Tweeted from Iran....

RT @persiankiwi tehran is lk war zone. unbelievable. haven't seen for 30 years. fires everywhere. shooting, people shouting. #Iranelection

twitter.com...

Also talk of even bigger demonstrations tomorrow.
Watch the tweets.

Others include:

TUESDAY is a day of STRIKES throughout all of Iran, DON'T GO TO WORK #iranelection #mousavi

RT @IranRiggedElect conf:Mosharekat Party officially declared election a Coup D'etat. (source radiofarda.com) #iranelection

4pm all across IRAN RT @persiankiwi tomorrow we march. Will biggest in world history. 10 mill march tomorrow. #iranelection

[edit on 073030p://06America/Chicago14 by Tinman67]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Tiananmen Square was 1989. And all other major uprisings of this kind in advanced countries were pre-Internet. Press and television are easy to suppress at source.

And the supression there in China is current. So it doesnt matter that the event was pre internet.
The BBC are already jammed in Iran, the same supression principles can apply.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for the Iranians, they really are trying to change their country for the better. I just wish we were seeing more support from people like Obama. My guess is that this doesn't paint the picture of Iranians that they want the world to see.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I have a lot of respect for the Iranians, they really are trying to change their country for the better. I just wish we were seeing more support from people like Obama. My guess is that this doesn't paint the picture of Iranians that they want the world to see.

You are absoultely right. Iranians look so Western! Too Western...

Obama is probably waiting for the right moment to awe them all...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

I don't think there are too many 5-10 year olds in rural villages rioting in the streets.

You're seeing mostly educated Westernized young people 16-25 years old, in the more affluent Northern part of Tehran protesting. Urban rich kids who account for maybe 1-2% of the population.

Their same age bracket counterparts are in the military who are armed and trained.

The country people just got sent hundreds of tons of potatoes to feed their hungry bellies courtesy of the newly elected President. Their children will not be rebelling any time soon.

Mike

ATS MEMBER ALERT!

OOPS! It looks like you forget to read the whole thread and check out the links contained in it. Please go back to page one and review all of the videos and photos presented in it. Thank you for your time.

-ATS IGNORANCE PREVENTION SQUAD-

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
the supression there in China is current. So it doesnt matter that the event was pre internet.
The BBC are already jammed in Iran, the same supression principles can apply.

China is a country of 1.3 Billion people. 20 times the population of Iran and less homogenous. Probably 1 Billion Chinese were never aware there were riots in Beijing.

If there's a general strike or even a selective one in Iran this week, as just mentioned, it will really be a breakthrough. The general masses in the countryside is where the numbers are. Once word spreads and infiltrates the underclass, who know what can happen.

The Revolutionary Guard may be smart enough to figure out the harder they crack down the more resentment they will build up.

Ali Khameini and his sock puppet Ahmadinajed understood rebelling against the Shah. Now they are the bad guys. After all their paranoia of the US, Israel, the Saudis, atomic warfare, it would be great if they were brought down by their own people - women and men.

There was a clerical revolt in Mexico in 1932 where they went around killing priests. Those Ayatollahs and mullahs have had the rule of the roost for 30 years, they shouldn't be so cocky.

Ahmadinajed might crack up again, as he did last Fall.

Lets see how this plays out.

Mike

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is a pretty big incident, for a lot of current world affairs at the moment.

I feel the Ayatollahs and Ahmadinejad seriously underestimated the 'cons' when it comes to having a youthful population. These youth see via internet and TV what the west is about. Fashion, food, fun and freedom.

Majority of them do not want to live under an Islamic ruler, the women don’t want to wear headscarfs, the men want to drink beer at a bar with friends, they want western TV / movies.

They aren’t calling for a new election, they are calling for the downfall of the Dictatorship, they are calling for freedom and choice!

Now, its pretty naive for anyone to believe the US DOESN’T have men on the ground amongst the groups instigating the riots.
They US has been doing this since day dot.

They aren’t behind it, but they are poking and prodding making sure there is as much unrest as possible.

Ahmadinejad must be feeling very uneasy at the moment, its the first time someone has put a serious challenge toward him, neither Israel, the US, Bush or Obama has ever been able to make him blink, but his own people are really making him look powerless at the moment.

A lot of Iranians are going to die this week, a lot are going to simply disappear and a lot are going to suffer broken bones and injuries.
But, If enough of the world can get behind them it may just be a turning point for all nations.

No more Islamic Iran, means no more Hezbollah, no more Hamas.
It means the US can concentrate on North Korea, and finishing Iraq and Afghanistan. It means the neo-cons don’t get their tasty piece of real-estate.
It becomes another great power saved by the very people enslaved by the power!

I hope they can win. because if they don’t, they will suffer for this!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Then regarding all facets of iranian society needing to take part to make it a 'revolution' we agree on, if its limited ti students and supressed it wont go far.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Amazing how in a few hours Iranians are turning from full hatred Arab devoted Muslims into well educated Westerners in the general comments.

Food for thought really.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is getting huge!

Tehran right now this vid is from tonight - Revolt is growing - more and more poeple join, this regime is near the collapse.

www.liveleak.com...

This new video from Iran shows many, many people, in fact a growing number of people in the streets at night.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join