It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Don't get me wrong, I agree that something something smells, and it's not me. I was just throwing the possibility out there that maybe, though it's a slim chance, the reported result is what the majority of Iranians wanted, since Ahmadinejad gets a majority of his support from outside of Tehran. It also seems that all the protesting is going on the north, or not elsewhere, as all the clips I've seen seem to be coming from Iran.

Here's a random thought I just had. What are the chances that, perhaps, the MSM is blowing this out of proportion in order to make people more sympathetic to military action?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I think your right i think this whole protest uprising whatever you want to call it has far more to do with womens rights then anything else. It also doesnt help there is a huge void in there population. Most of there poulation is younger 20 and 30s while the people in charge are much older. Due to fighting there is a whole section of there population missing.This section is usually the voice of restraint and its just not there to bridge the gap between the two.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

Unfortunately, it isn't going to happen. I could be wrong, but as has been stated in previous posts the Ayatollah is calls the shots, nothing is going to change unless him and his regime gets overthrown.

America didn't have nothing to do with this, this is all an internal conflict. I still think this is an Iranian Revolution. It's just a matter of time before the people with guns come in and the people start taking their weapons and aiming them back at the troops.

I don't know. Crazy situation all in all.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Good points about Mousavi there Manouche.
Indeed he was one of the"lucky"candidates to have been approved to stand by the ruling Ayotollahs.I believe around 250 candidates were struck off the list for having different thoughts about nukes/Israel/USA.
So you are right that he is and has been for a long while,part of the same machine as Amadinahjad.
I hope these rioters realise as much,but it seems they think he will change things...
Anyway,I hope they go the whole hog and string up the Ayotollah dictatorship which prevents them from enjoying the freedoms they so obviously desire.
Only that would bring any real change in Iran.
I don't think Mousavi would be that different to anyone else-theyre all controlled by the Ayotollah.
I feel sorry for those rioters though,as any who get pulled off the streets will probably never get to find out if these riots lead to anything.When people are prepared to risk torture and death for thier cause,it shows they truly believe in what they are doing.
You can be damn sure the PTB will be filming these riots,and many people will dissapear from exisitence in the coming weeks,long after any riots have stopped.
I just hope i'm wrong and something positive is actually acheived from this situation.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Someone should tell these poor Iranian chaps they are wasting their time. Even if their guy was put into office, why do they think it would make any bit of difference? Look at the United States - Americans voted for change and ultimately what they received was a guy who is worse than the previous waste of sperm which was in office. Give it up boys and girls. As usual, you're just being exploited to fulfill their agenda.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I realize it's a small point but did anyone else notice the police riot shields had "POLICE" written on them???????

Is that Farsi for Police????

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The man below is correct. Very few nations resisted, or had the chance to resist, being wholly run by the US interests. The nations that resisted are largely labeled as evil nations now. How like Lucifer (the angel of light) to deceive nation after nation into believing sick truths and make people evil, to fight good, in name of good, which is truly evil.

Originally posted by seataka

I do.

Iran is a big country. The strongholds of pro western sentiments are only in the city centers.
. Older Iranians know their history. It was the CIA that overthrew the elected government and installed the Shah.. who bled the country dry buying weapons from the US,and sold us cheap oil, but our economy was , of course very good, so we benefited, you benefited or your parents did. The Shah's secret police terrorized all dissidents, brutally.

This outcome of this revolution will be determined by the Revolutionary Guards, who are loyal to the Ayatollah, and to the forces that overthrew the Shah

If the current regime can make a convincing argument that the cia was behind the demonstrations in Tehran, then many innocent populists will be executed.

But that is just the cost of doing business the American way, making the world safe for Coca-Cola..

[edit on 14-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Don't get me wrong, I agree that something something smells, and it's not me. I was just throwing the possibility out there that maybe, though it's a slim chance, the reported result is what the majority of Iranians wanted, since Ahmadinejad gets a majority of his support from outside of Tehran. It also seems that all the protesting is going on the north, or not elsewhere, as all the clips I've seen seem to be coming from Iran.

Here's a random thought I just had. What are the chances that, perhaps, the MSM is blowing this out of proportion in order to make people more sympathetic to military action?

True...I thought about that as well. I really wish UN reps were onsite to verify the election results. We may never know the truth. All I do know is the gap is too big. If the opposition is claiming they won with a majority according to the exit polling and then Amadinijad is claiming a win by 70%??? I call BS....big time!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
re people with guns in Iran

Due to the past Iraqi wars, and threats of US invasion, all Iranian citizens are trained in how to use weaponry. Women are even taught how to use an AK-47, and take it apart and put it back together blindfolded. Iranian upper crust, have dual roles, the man may be a Cleric at a Mosque or a Doctor by day, but he will also have been highly trained as an attack helicopter pilot. Each citizen of Iran already has a necessary skill for defense of their nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hi and huggs,,

This is big news...!!!

But those hard line clerics do not want to give up power and will spill blood....
Im sure they'll be calling in 100 of tanks soon..
Im sure they obviously are worried somewhat either way now even if they crush the protestors..

they said this was the highest turnout ever for voting at 85%,,I think so many turned out because they wanted change.

Ill be keeping my eye on this.!!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

"Police" is an international word. From my experience, even if "police" [or a variation of it, like German's "polizei"] isn't the word for police in a language, it is still used on gear and police cars.

For example, in Hungarian, the word for police is "rendőrség". On police cars, it says both "rendőrség" and police. I remember that on their riot sheilds [from protests in Budapest in '06] some say police and others don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yet more videos from Iran:

Gunfire in a crowd -

www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...

This is massive. Every video I have seen has had men, women, and youth. They have all been in different locations and the crowds have been huge.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh, and the youth of any nation are easily baited and driven to support ideals which have nothing to do with reality. They are also very capable of running amok and breaking stuff. Much like youngsters of the animal kingdom. You first have to be wise enough not to have knee jerk reactions and this type of behavior cannot be found in those "oh so wise 20 somethings" running about and setting things on fire.

Nor should young people brandish guns to make their point.

You want to affect leadership, then have a nation simply stop doing anything. Don't go to work, don't purchase any goods. Wanna watch a government disappear? Then have the people simply do nothing whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I think your right i think this whole protest uprising whatever you want to call it has far more to do with womens rights then anything else.

My hopes and prayers are with the Islamic women.

[edit on 123030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
Oh, and the youth of any nation are easily baited and driven to support ideals which have nothing to do with reality. They are also very capable of running amok and breaking stuff. Much like youngsters of the animal kingdom. You first have to be wise enough not to have knee jerk reactions and this type of behavior cannot be found in those "oh so wise 20 somethings" running about and setting things on fire.

Nor should young people brandish guns to make their point.

You want to affect leadership, then have a nation simply stop doing anything. Don't go to work, don't purchase any goods. Wanna watch a government disappear? Then have the people simply do nothing whatsoever.

The youth have yet to be corrupted and demoralized by cynicism, realism and the powerlessness that elders have learned exist.

I envy their idealism.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good find man.
At 1minute one the first vid,i think i can see large plumes of dark smoke towards the left end of the street.Maybe thats the bank from last night or maybe fresher fires?This could be escalating.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Look at this video of Riot Police Beating a women with a club and another woman starts kicking the riot cop in the back! That is some hardcore stuff.

This is just getting started friends.

We are witnessing the birth of a Civil War the likes of which have not been seen since 1775.

"Why don't you ask the kids at Tienanmen square?
Was Fashion the reason why they were there?" SOAD -Hypnotize

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree,but at least a most of the women are wearing hijabs,which may be one of the best forms of protection in this chaos-they would be very hard to identify in PTB terms-unlike many of they males whose faces will be eaiser to identify at a later date.

They,sadly,will be the ones who are dragged off in the night of the coming days/weeks.

Get some scarfs/masks on Guys!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Good find man.
At 1minute one the first vid,i think i can see large plumes of dark smoke towards the left end of the street.Maybe thats the bank from last night or maybe fresher fires?This could be escalating.

Thanks! Always nice to be appreciated for contributing.

Yes, I noticed the blaze as well. Not sure if it is the state bank or not. But this is not, I REPEAT NOT, a normal riot. These appear to be men, women, youth, from all different social classes.

This gives more and more credence to the opposition party that the election results have been manipulated.

Power to the people!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Theres more plumes of dark smoke,at 7 seconds on that vid.
Matches-the best weapon of a rioting revolutionary.
They got some pretty intimidating police/security tactics there too,what with the "hells angels" style police squads on bikes.Lots of police to deal with a seemingly small pocket of resistance in that particular vid.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join