It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's hoping the will the Iranian Public will be heard. They are going up against entrenched government. The thing that doesn't help them is that they are not organized into cohesive protests, right now it's a bunch of little fires that the Government of Iran can stomp on. They need to made a huge bonfire of protest that can't be stomped out.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is another video just posted. Protesters burning the state bank. Go young Iranians go!!! I support them 100% I hope the world takes note of the Iranians that want nothing to do with the existing regime.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
www.huffingtonpost.com...

What was that you were saying? I couldn't hear you over the sound of a revolution.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

You have no clue of what techs america has and what they do all over the world. They are masters of covert actions.

Americans are definately behind this movement.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What was that you were saying? I couldn't hear you over the sound of a revolution.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

You have no clue of what techs america has and what they do all over the world. They are masters of covert actions.

Here is a young Iranian that posted his email address on a Iranian Twitter website. I will post the two questions that I managed to ask him and the answers I have received so far.

"Hello Friend. I live on the Eastern Coast of the United States.

I would like to know what is being broadcast on the television and radio inside your country right now?"

-Joshua

"Hi my friend ...

There is just lie on the TV and RADIO and not nothing else ... becuase the power belongs to ahmadinejad for now and they can do anything they want to do ... But you should know that there is a preparation behind all of these issues and note that we are different from pakistan , afghanistan and countries like this . ... Anyway people are not alone ... i think they can do it !

please feel free to ask any question

I removed his name
iran "

"Thank you friend. The pictures I have seen show a modern, active group of both men AND women in the streets protesting. . It is being aired on CNN live right now. Ahmadinejad is giving a speech. 7:04 A.M. Eastern Time U.S. Good luck my friend! -Joshua"

"his speech is just ba ... T h e w o r l d i s c h a n g i n g !
you too ...."

I asked him one more question but have not received a reply yet. He posted on twitter he was going out onto the street to take more pictures and said "WISH ME LUCK!"

Here is what I sent him as my next question.

"Did you watch the press conference on T.V.? Did you see the part where the CNN reporter asked about the opposition leaders supporting Mousavi being arrested? She asked if he could provide safety for Mousavi and Ahmadinejad said that they needed to be treated like a criminal would be treated.

Is Mousavi arrested or under house arrest? Can you confirm this?"

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Americans are behind an uprising against a rigged and stolen election?

I don't have much of a problem with that.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
My heart goes out to this new generation of Iranians. I really hope that things will change for them. They clearly are hungry for change.

I agree. I hope they can pull it off. All they want is rock music and blue jeans. The whackadoo leaders and the Imams are in for a surprise (I hope!).

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well there are big pro govermnet rallies on Sky news right now in Iran

Robert Fisk mentioned that the elections seemed fair and the winner won it in a legit way,of course the western media are spinning this story like they did with Georgia

It is blatent that america and other countries have tried to get a movement against the goverment by using students in that country and supplying terrorists(freedom fighters!lol)with expertise in certain matters

My instincts tell me this is all BS,the west didnt get the winner they thought they would and are determined to kick up a fuss

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Americans are behind an uprising against a rigged and stolen election?

I don't have much of a problem with that.

I do.

Iran is a big country. The strongholds of pro western sentiments are only in the city centers.
. Older Iranians know their history. It was the CIA that overthrew the elected government and installed the Shah.. who bled the country dry buying weapons from the US,and sold us cheap oil, but our economy was , of course very good, so we benefited, you benefited or your parents did. The Shah's secret police terrorized all dissidents, brutally. Google the word SAVAK

This outcome of this revolution will be determined by the Revolutionary Guards, who are loyal to the Ayatollah, and to the forces that overthrew the Shah

If the current regime can make a convincing argument that the cia was behind the demonstrations in Tehran, then many innocent populists will be executed.

But that is just the cost of doing business the American way, making the world safe for Coca-Cola..

[edit on 14-6-2009 by seataka]

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a former Revolutionary Guard

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

My instincts tell me that censoring sites like Facebook and MySpace and Cell Phones and Pagers,blacking out all media sources AND SATELLITE JAMMING TECHNOLOGY being used on BBC satellites from INSIDE IRAN

COMBINED with the opposition leader Mousavi being either under house arrest or in jail MIGHT make you rethink what you just said GOOD SIR!

I would appreciate a response.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I went to George Washington University in the '80s. There were many Iranians there who fled after the Shaw was overthrown. GW was a very international school with students from all over the world.

The Iranians were, as a rule, exceptionally cultured, very intelligent in the sciences and warm friends. I was shocked as a native Virginian with redneck tendencies, at the level of class and breeding they had. I remembered mocking them as rag heads and worse after the hostage situation.

I am sure the young generation in Iran is just as cool as they were in the 80s. It saddens me to think those innocent college kids may be bombed into oblivion by Israel and the United States when it is obvious that they are desperate for a change.

We must support them in a peaceful manner. It will be tempting in the coming months to want to go to war. We must not allow our government to declare war in Iran. It is not worth one American life. For all we know, the CIA had a hand in his re-election to justify war.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

No need to rethink it at all sunshine,any other country in the world would come down like a tonne of bricks on other velvet revolutions that are being pushed into that direction from plotters in another country

I take most of what I see online with a big pinch of salt,it doesnt surprise me that ATS has been dragged into this.

I couldnt give a toss if the sour looser is locked up while his piss poor bunch of supporters cause havoc on the streets.

If that went down in any part of my country and the leader involved was whipping up support to cause chaos on the streets I would expect the boys in blue to feel his collar.

Again I said Robert FIsk thought that the results were right,and the winner won in a legit way.There are always going to be unsatisfied voters in any election.Most know when there beat fair and square

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You can ask any question you want to his excellency Grand Ayatollah Saanei.

He has his own website and he says he is more than willing to personally answer any and every question you might have for him.

saanei.org...

I just shot him an email asking what is up with the CIA blocking facebook and myspace sites. He told me that he is PISSED and is on the horn to Obama right now for preventing his supporters from using facebook to support his glorious excellency.

He thinks the CIA is also personally responsible for introducing blue jeans and rock music in an attempt to corrupt the youth.

Also Women should not be driving cars and the Auto Mobile is a invention of the devil that attempts to corrupt women into getting, and I quote, "All uppity".

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
I went to George Washington University in the '80s. There were many Iranians there who fled after the Shaw was overthrown. GW was a very international school with students from all over the world.

The Iranians were, as a rule, exceptionally cultured, very intelligent in the sciences and warm friends. I was shocked as a native Virginian with redneck tendencies, at the level of class and breeding they had. I remembered mocking them as rag heads and worse after the hostage situation.

I am sure the young generation in Iran is just as cool as they were in the 80s. It saddens me to think those innocent college kids may be bombed into oblivion by Israel and the United States when it is obvious that they are desperate for a change.

We must support them in a peaceful manner. It will be tempting in the coming months to want to go to war. We must not allow our government to declare war in Iran. It is not worth one American life. For all we know, the CIA had a hand in his re-election to justify war.

Those who fled would have been the members of Shah's regime, and his hated security apparatus; "SAVAK" Who fled with the wealth they had extracted from the Iranian citizens. Perhaps the kids were not aware what some of their parents did for a living. To this date, those expatriates are still considered 'enemies of the Iranian State"

The crown prince - the son of the Shah, built a mini-mall sized house in Great Falls 5 miles from Langley. It was perhaps the largest 'home' in all of Great Falls.. with a 24 ft waterfall in the livingroom. .His compound was provided 24/7 surveillance and security. There was a normal middle class size house at the front gate, filled with big guys with buldging armpits...

He no longer lives there.

- And to noangels - thanks for reminding me to read Robert Fisk to find out what is really going on. He is NOT a company man.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is too much that doesn't fit in the picture here.

Who do you think Moussavi is ? A democrat ? A revolutionary ?
What do you think opposition leader means in Iran ?

Moussavi was PM for 10 years ! He is a son of the regime, he is a radical in our standards. There is something wrong with these riots. Moussavi is not an opponent to the regime.

And there is far too many videos and messages coming right from Iran internet. Internet in Iran is heavily monitored. Suddenly videos and photos flow like wine. Whether it's leaked on purpose or I don't know. It's really strange.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

Moussavi was PM for 10 years ! He is a son of the regime, he is a radical in our standards. There is something wrong with these riots. Moussavi is not an opponent to the regime.

And there is far too many videos and messages coming right from Iran internet. Internet in Iran is heavily monitored. Suddenly videos and photos flow like wine. Whether it's leaked on purpose or I don't know. It's really strange.

You are NOT getting the picture!!!

What do you see among the protesters in the streets?

WOMEN! Yeah doggy I am talking WOMENSES! Throwin rocks! Burnin stuff! SCREAMING and FIGHTING for equal rights. WATS DAT YA SAID?

Why is this Moussavi different? Maybe it is the fact that his wife was on the campaign trail with him fighting for womens rights the whole time.

OH LAWDS is dat some Womens rights? In MAGH ATS?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

You are NOT getting the picture!!!

What do you see among the protesters in the streets?

WOMEN! Yeah doggy I am talking WOMENSES! Throwin rocks! Burnin stuff! SCREAMING and FIGHTING for equal rights. WATS DAT YA SAID?

Why is this Moussavi different? Maybe it is the fact that his wife was on the campaign trail with him fighting for womens rights the whole time.

OH LAWDS is dat some Womens rights? In MAGH ATS?

Great point.

My wife pointed the same thing out to me. For a hardline Muslim country there were many women in the streets voicing their opinion, just one more reason to support the rioters!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To all those that believe that America is behind this, I just want to ask, why must she be?

The current administration, from what I've gathered and read on other ATS threads, is in favor of Mousavi, not Ahmadinejad. The reason being Mousavi is more likely to dialouge, which is what Obama wants.

That aside though, due to the nature of Iran's government, why is it out of the question that the Ayatollah and the incumbent didn't just fudge the results to get what they wanted and because of that there is rioting going on?

The Ayatollah has the final say in all matters in Iran. I could've gotten the most votes in Iran, but the Ayatollah could negate that by saying that Colonel Sanders wins instead.

America isn't involved in everything on the planet.

On another note, I truly hope that the Iranians get what they voted for. My fear though, is that, though it is a slim chance, the result that we're getting could be true and this could be a minority rioting because they're ticked, thinking that they're the only ones. [I guess a similar scenario would be if the US was only made up of Wyoming, Utah, Montana, and Rhode Island. Republican X wins by 40 points over Democrat Y, thanks to Wyoming, Utah, and Montana, but, because Rhode Islanders don't like the decision they go and flip out.]

I've read that Ahmadinejad is supported mostly outside of the northern regions and it is really only the north that is pro-Western ideals and what not. If that is the case, I could see it happening that Ahmadinejad getting 65% of the vote.

[I personally believe though that Iranians didn't vote for Ahmadinejad, I was just playing Devil's advocate I guess.]

Are there any reports of rioting and demonstrations happening outside of the northern reaches of Iran?

It will be interesting to see, if, as a previous poster stated, if what's happening in Iran right now leads to some sort of military actions to help "quell" or even "help the Iranians get what they want!"

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Fareed Zakaria even believes the election was rigged...

He just said that on GPS...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

All I know is that for Mousavi to come out and claim that according to their exit polling they won by a good majority and then the govts numbers to be in favor of Ahmadinijad by almost 70% somthing is very very wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Breaking News:

Iran's opposition leader has launched an official appeal calling for the presidential election result to be cancelled.

Full story here
SKY NEWS

[edit on 14/6/09 by freemindmine]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join