It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
MSM keep quiet because they know, as well as politicians (like Medvedev and Putin for instance), because this kind of uprising is seen to happen very soon everywhere, and murder of people will become a common thing. They don't feel an urge to apologize and they will not even condemn when someone else does it.

The whole thing about "citizens terrorists", in accordance to Patriot Law, which has been enacted in Russia of lately, as well as in China long time ago, is obviously very realistic.

People have one common enemy. The confidence and delusion is evaporating fast.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

oh, come on! What kind of an idiot actually thinks Iran is a democracy? You are forgiven for thinking America is actually free, for our 'owners' have been practicing deception, and making us think we are free, for over 100 years. But Iran? Give me a break!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Dont know if this video feed has been posted or not,great footage.

This is just stunning,absolutely amazing. We may see this thing evolve into the toppling of Iran as we know it. Revolution is in the air I can feel it.
May the people of Iran obtain freedom,they certainly know how to fight for it.

persianq.com...

[edit on 6/17/09 by nickoli]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Good point. America isn't free. You can't speak your mind anymore or you get taken away. Martial law is just around the corner.

Santa and the Easter Bunny say hello to you. They like people who live in fantasy lands.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Somethings got to happen.

If all the people do, is march in the streets quietly, no matter how many of them there are, nothing will happen.

As each night goes by, people just wont bother turning up any more. And the government knows this, it may take a month, but eveantually it will lose its wind.

The protestors are so close to revolution.
So close, what they want isnt even close to being given yet, so giving up just isnt an option.

But they have to start taking risks, they have to start physically hitting the government. walking the same streets, allowing themselves to be pushed around isnt going to achieve what they want.

Come on PERSIA!
FIGHT!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Applesandoranges

If this is to bring in martial law then it only worked for them to create more manipulation and control , anyway we will see how it all pans out. Its turned ugly and the CIA love ugly situations as it seems they are usually where the pit of evil is. That's a psyops operation.
We need to seperate the truth from disinformation(masquerading as truth).
The rigged election is very much real but the extent to which source of the information came from is one to be questioned.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

Please forgive me if I am misunderstanding you but are you suggesting that the Iran election fiasco was concocted by the CIA in order to condition us for Martial Law?

Again, if that isn't what you were suggesting, I apologize but that is how I read it.

As for separating truth from disinformation, I agree but how do you propose we do that? If the MSM is nothing more than a govt controlled entity (I don't agree with this but I believe you believe it to be so) then what do we believe? What sources?

In the end its all about money, power, greed.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Heres a video of yesterdays pro mousavi march,with many thousands filling the streets:

www.liveleak.com...

And this is interesting,it appears that the pro amadinerjhad rally has been well and truly photoshopped!!
They are resorting to "cloning" areas of the crowd to make the numbers appear bigger.
Is this a sign the ruling party is scared of the amount of oppisition support?

www.boingboing.net...

Blatent photoshoppery in effect.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Come on PERSIA!
FIGHT!

People do not risk death or imprisonment unless they are in a LOT of pain.

They are not in a lot of pain. So they can't do whatever they like, big deal. Takes more than that to risk your life and possibly the lives of your family.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

IF they dont succeed in this, alot of them are already going to die.
Scratch the many that have died already.
Things like the Internet, twitter.. its all going to be abolished now the Ayatollah has seen the effect it can have.

Its all or nothing now, thats why this is such a big deal.

Your not hearing about the ones who are arrested, tortured, killed...
Cant you see they are already in the time of losing their life?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If this revolt fails you know damned well the next one will succeed... and it will be far more violent.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Heres another development,not sure how significant it is but anyway:

Iranian democracy activists, meet your new pals: a masked protest movement best known for needling the Church of Scientology, and a group of file-sharers so infamous they’re facing a year in jail. Anonymous Iran is a collaboration between The Pirate Bay — operators of the world’s largest torrent site, convicted in April of copyright infringement — and Anonymous, the prankster collective dedicated to exposing “Scientology’s crimes.” The new site offers tips on how to navigate online in private, upload files through the Iranian firewall, find the best activist Tweeters, and launch attacks on pro-government websites.

www.wired.com...-13894

Help for the protesters from the Pirate bay and Anonymous...a slight departure from their usual activities.
Will this help the protesters achieve what they want?
Maybe it will at the very least educate the protesters in ways to get around the net bans.

And this from the NYtimes:

YouTube said it had relaxed its usual restrictions on violent videos to allow the images from Iran to reach the rest of the world. “In general, we do not allow graphic or gratuitous violence on YouTube,” the company said in a statement. “However, we make exceptions for videos that have educational, documentary, or scientific value. The limitations being placed on mainstream media reporting from within Iran make it even more important that citizens in Iran be able to use YouTube to capture their experiences for the world to see.”

www.nytimes.com...

I do wonder about youtube...they seem happy to delete many western videos that are "subversive"in some way or another(think 911 truth),but now this apparent U turn over Irans protests...I don't know what to trhink about YT these days really.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran – Hundreds of thousands of protesters wearing black and carrying candles filled the streets of Tehran again Thursday, joining opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi to mourn demonstrators killed in clashes over Iran's disputed election.

The massive protest openly defied orders from Iran's supreme leader, despite a government attempt to placate Mousavi and his supporters by inviting the reformist, and two other candidates who ran against hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to a meeting with the country's main electoral authority.

Many in the huge crowd carried black candles and lit them as night fell. Others wore green wristbands and carried flowers in mourning as they filed into Imam Khomenei Square, a large plaza in the heart of the capital named for the founder of the Islamic Revolution, witnesses said.

Press TV, an English-language version of Iranian state television designed for foreigners, estimated the crowd at hundreds of thousands and said the people listened to a brief address from Mousavi, who called for calm and self-restraint.

A Mousavi Web site said that the crowed exceeded 1 million.

news.yahoo.com...
I cannot believe this many people would be showing up if Mousavi was not the legitimate winner.

[edit on 013030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How the Iranian Election Was Stolen

According to an open letter of early June by a group of employees who work on elections in the Interior Ministry -- after May polls showed that Ahmadinejad would lose the election -- Yazdi gave the Interior Ministry employees a Fatwa, a religious degree, authorizing the changing of votes.

The Ayatollah told them: "If someone is elected the president and hurts the Islamic values . . . it is against Islam to vote for that person." After harshly criticizing the other candidates (Mousavi, Karroubi, and Rezaie) he went on: "You should throw away those who are unqualified, both morally and lawfully."

The letter reported that the elections' supervisors subsequently became "happy and energetic for having obtained the religious Fatwa to use any trick for changing the vote and began immediately to develop plans for it." (The letter indicated that the same thing had been done in March 2006 to help fundamentalists allied with Ahmadinejad in that election. But when the Interior Minister at that time, Mostafa Pourmohammadi, reported these irregularities to the Supreme Leader, he was fired by President Ahmadinejad.)

Among other things, the election supervisors reduced the number of voting stations, increased the number of mobile voting stations, reduced the number of eligible voters, insisted that vote-containing boxes must have two official seals, and printed 12,000,000 more ballots than were necessary.

Yazdi has been called the most conservative and influential cleric in Qom. He espouses complete isolation from the West and proclaims nonliteral interpretations of the Koran to be heretical. He is said to have great influence with the Revolutionary Guards and the Basiji paramilitary force. In 1997, he is said to have encouraged them to use any means, including violence, to stop reform agitation. In 2006, he said to use atomic bombs had religious legitimacy. Above all, he would like to eliminate the democratic element in the Iranian system.

Now, following four years of appointments made by President Ahmadinejad, Yazdi has many loyal supporters in the Government, including the head of the election commission.

A perfect political storm has arisen in Iran. Ironically, May polls showing that democracy might prevail in Iran have created conditions that could lead to the loss of such democracy as exists in Iran.

A weird president, mentored by a fundamentalist Ayatollah, may now use ongoing arrests to eliminate, politically if not physically, his reform opposition and then govern by repression. Recent unconfirmed reports suggest that Mohammad Asgari, an interior ministry official who had reportedly leaked evidence that the elections were rigged, has been killed in a suspicious car accident in Tehran.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A weird president, mentored by a fundamentalist Ayatollah, may now use ongoing arrests to eliminate, politically if not physically, his reform opposition and then govern by repression. Recent unconfirmed reports suggest that Mohammad Asgari, an interior ministry official who had reportedly leaked evidence that the elections were rigged, has been killed in a suspicious car accident in Tehran.

Well it is sad that they are still shooting the protesters.God help those unlucky enough to be arrested,and the friends and families.
I said before,I worry that this whole protest movement may be a means to an end for the Ayotollahs;They could film,and then target the protesters at a later date.Standard practice for any sick power hungry regime these days.
Allow protests.
Identify protesters.
Destroy protesters.
Thats why I really hope the protesters attain their goals,the alternative for them would be horrible.
They are already paying in blood.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I don't think we even know a fraction of what is really going on there. I saw a reporter on GMA a couple days ago who was heading toward the riots and several blocks away --- he said they were barely in eyesight of the riots --- a guy in military clothing stopped his motorcycle and pepper sprayed three women who were just standing on the sidewalk, doing nothing, several blocks away from the riot.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Well it is sad that they are still shooting the protesters.God help those unlucky enough to be arrested,and the friends and families.
I said before,I worry that this whole protest movement may be a means to an end for the Ayotollahs;They could film,and then target the protesters at a later date.Standard practice for any sick power hungry regime these days.
Allow protests.
Identify protesters.
Destroy protesters.

Yes, this is a terrible reality. A byproduct of the election, dissenters considered to have questionable loyalties have come out of the woodwork and made themselves known. The Revolutionary Guard have had their job made easier.

Actual proof of election rigging is critical. The Russians probably advised the Ayatollahs how to fix an election, and they may have been ready to do so, but Ahmadinejad, who got over 61% of the votes in the 2005 election, may have done the same again. Remember how Kerry was at the top of the polls when he ran against Bush in 2004.

And it's possible the election was close but Mousavi still didn't quite get the majority. It's looks like the government is guilty on some level, their rush to declare a winner within hours strongly implies dirty dealing.

My pessimistic feeling is that this will not be the hoped for breakthrough, but an excuse for a crackdown.

There was a spontaneous uprising, but there is no infrastructure in place to keep it going, and no powerful organizations like the military, public servants, farmers, factory workers, have come forward en masse in support.

So a lot of students and conscientious objecters will be arrested or watched, and it will be back to the old grind.

But maybe the seeds of revolution have been planted in the minds of the public.

Mike

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Indeed,if thats whats happening on the outskirts of the protests we can only imagine what is going on off camera.
Sick way to put down a protest,spraying an innocent bystander.
If that was my friend who got sprayed,I would be out for teeth.
Thats how people react isn't it?
Do they want to create more protesters?
It seems they do.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The whole scenario of "random terror" happened in Chile.
Guess who backed Pinochet?
And Putin is backing Mr A.
Putin is also backing Comrade Putin, in Russia. Same kind of terror.
The fight for freedom cannot be won if people don't fight back.
If they don't fight back, they're screwed...
Sorry, but death is an option, when it comes to freedom.

The main effort of modern social engineering is to persuade people that nothing is worth dying. Yeah, right...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The last thing I read was tat a million people were on the streets of Tehran today and that the security forces had taken to hiding their faces.

It will be interesting to see what happens when members of the security forces start defecting as it were.

I am really beginning to think we may be seeing the fall of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Check this out:

Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising
www.huffingtonpost.com...

They have a quite extensive coverage page going.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grover]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well there does not seem to be much support from the Russian people at least...from the judge of this rally of Russians in support of Ahmedinejad.This demonstration was held in the Russian capital of Moscow

www.liveleak.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join