It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Iranians are rioting and all hell is breaking lose. Many people are being reported dead and this is just the beginning.

Here is a letter published by Mousavi in English - tehranbureau.com...

Here are some links to help everyone get caught up:
www.dailykos.com...:-Breaking-Mousavi-Arrested:-Rafsanjani-Resigns,-Iranian-Police-Fleeing-from-Demonstrators< br /> www.time.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Some videos:

Photos:
www.flickr.com...
tehranlive.org...

Follow situation via Twitter:
twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is what happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object. What we see here is an angry young Iran in conflict with an older more strict Iran. I have watched videos of how the older ones treat the youth there. It's no wonder that they will be the next wave that takes Iran away from the Ayatollahs. They are pro western and have no beef with other religions. They, are Iran today. Their elders have put them in peril and while this vote was for one nuke pusher over another, it was really a cry for personal freedom of expression. They were denied, and they ain't gonna take it anymore.. If Iran is overtaken in a revolt, terrorism will be the loser.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
since the CIA actually runs the iran govt, and has for a very long time, than i must point out

IMO - the obvious cheating of the incumbent to steal the election is being used as a Psyop on the Iran population and, indeed the world

heres why

ok - now everyone wants Ahmadinejad gone right? Especially the People of Iran

therefore - we now have justification for a unilateral allied "liberation" of the poor oppressed iran peoples

get it? its a perfect excuse for war, the Iran people will be begging to get their "dictator" out

to clarify, when i say "liberate" i mean with cluster bombs

[edit on 13-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Two words;

Tiananmen square.

Those that want their freedom will be in my prayers.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As Mel Brooks would say: The Iranians are revolting!!

Maybe this is a precursor to something bigger?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Something is happening.

They can''t text message, or use social networks, but twitter is on fire with Iranian revolution.

LA Times has video.

Iran Going Ape# After Fraud Election Produces Fraud Results with more video

Daily Dish

the rooftops of nighttime Tehran are filled with people shouting 'Allah O Akbar' in protest of the government and election results. The last time he remembers this happening is in 1979 during the Revolution. Says the sound of tens of thousands on the rooftops is deafening right now."

Revolutionary Road

The sounds of ambulance sirens, car horns, whistles, and shouting echoed long into the night. Protestors shouted "Death to the Dictator" and pelted police with stones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6801fb776a4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/13/09 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you go to CNN's website the misinformation is incredible, the election was obviously very important but I find it incredible how our reporters along with most people outside of Iran get confused who exactly is in power. Ayatollah Khamenei the Supreme Leader of Iran is in fact the power behind the thrown. And all the coverage of him and his opinion was covered in three lines.... Censoring? or lack of good investigative journalism I have no idea.

But just to lay out my two cents I will be very surprised if Moussavi lasts long whether he "disappears" or is exiled because Iran has been experiencing every symptom of civil unrest, they just needed a leader, and now one has appeared and low and behold riots in the street.

The government has tried to stop them by stopping text messaging and limiting group meetings but I would be surprised if this can be quieted that easily. It has been brewing for too long and the safety valve that was put in place via an elected president cannot release all of the pressure.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Looks like its going down.

Based of the comment above mine, looks like Iran is going to be in turmoil for who knows how long. Well I hope for the best and the freedom lovers win.

Edit - Two posts above mine. Also, I hope this new guy doesn't turn out to be even worse than what they have now.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I find the news at the moment like a childs see-saw. one minute it sways over to North Korea, the next it sways over to Iran!!

I bet it will sway back to North Korea sometime late next week.

Will these countries ever be out of our Not-so trustworthy News Sites??

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I hope the people find thier voice.

Freedom is for all.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Distraction. The problem is Obama went and put to many policies out on the table at one time for the MSM over here to not cover them.

Between NK now Iran, and things like Universal Health Care and Cap and Trad, the Cloven - Pivens(SP?) strategy is about to fall apart. People are about to really see what happens when all hell breaks lose and all order breaks down. The media can't censor it. They don't even want to use the "R" word.

Interesting times we do live in.

Back on topic. I have a feeling this thing is just getting started the Election had 85% turn out and read somewhere that is like 47 million people, In one of the videos up top it show the street full side to side for hundreds possibly even thousands of feet long with protesters.

The Ayatollah is about to be over thrown. I don't know how long it will take, but there are just simply two many protesters and too much momentum. And if they exile or execute the guy that "lost" they aren't going to stop until there is a new regime in place.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the new TV comerical that is playing now and it is about Iran. I have been searching all over for it - can not find it. It says something like "This is Iran....." and has images of "modern westernized" Iran with all of its young people.

Anyways, it is making the point that is being made by "fromabove" showing the modern Iran vs. the old Iran under Ahmadinejad.

Anyone see it?

My heart goes out to this new generation of Iranians. I really hope that things will change for them. They clearly are hungry for change.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've seen it. It's a commercial pretty much about Ahamenjad. Talking about keeping Iran from getting nuclear power while the "old guard" is still in power.

I have a feeling as has been mentioned earlier on in this thread this is an Iranian revolution. Which is a very good thing, as long as the revolutionaries win and they don't get some other crazy regime gets put into place.

Edit -

Fixed it so it made sense.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Open letter to Iranian Govt

1. Create new set of reality TV shows
2. Get the nation hooked on high fructose corn syrup and fast food
3. Add anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to the municipal water supply
4. Create celebrities then focus news on celebrity scandals
5. PROFIT!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Never mind, link broken

[edit on 6/13/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

I've seen it. It's a commercial pretty much Ahamenjad. Talking about keeping Iran from getting nuclear power while the "old guard" is still in power.

I have a feeling as has been mentioned earlier on in this thread this is an Iranian revolution. Which is a very good thing, as long as the revolutionaries win and some other crazy regime gets put into place.

Ok, thanks, that is it. I did not even remember what the purpose of the commercial was, I just remember it highlighting the young and modern part of Iran that most Americans have no clue about!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This may be good for the Iranians as a free nation and people, but something does not sit well with me knowing of there not being the presence of the Rothschild bank there yet and these suspicions of the NWO bringing it's grasp into nations with these banks.

If it does come down to US military or otherwise that they would only be there to help keep the peace if too much shtf. By this I mean as in the Kurds in the northwestern parts of Iran would very much like to make use of this turmoil to break off from the country to get the newer Kurdistan going. Also in places like this where the people get all rebellious against the corrupt leadership sometimes you get a military dictatorship like Napoleon's Imperial France along with a violent revolution where anything goes.
This ultimately creates a power vacuum if the leading-not-in-power candidate doesn't have a plan and resources in case of the worst.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

No problem, after reading the quoted version of my post I realized I need to go back and edit it so it makes sense.

I forget who the organization who funded is though. Something about nuclear peace across the globe or something like that.

I just hope the youngens can pull this off. I think this is a revolution though, talk about our MSM wanting to completely stay away from throwing that term out there while its a current event. Things over here aren't so peachy either.

This could very will be the spark, and to clarify, I hope the revolutionaries win and DONT install and even crazier regime. But from what it sounds like they are smart and educated and pro-west so it will be interesting to see what kind of government they give themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by saber13

More like "no fact checking," most networks have cut proofreaders and fact checker jobs very heavily. You would be surprised how many news industry workers do not read newspapers or even the Internet, most of them I have known brag about not even reading the ones they work for.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Check out the notes on this weblog.

A source from the Ministry of Interior said that the real results were 42 million votes for Mousavi, and only 5.6 million for Ahmadinejad. Iran's Militant Clerics Society has called for the vote to be annulled and a new election held.

Updates on the Iran Uprising

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join