It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Man Raped, Murdered for Refusing to Convert to Islam, Family Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I quoted the first guy... if it offends you , don't read it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
He wasn't tortured and murdered because he was Christian; he was tortured and murdered because he was a moron.

This is no different than the Christian missionaries you sometimes hear about who go to Africa to make converts and then their families wonders why they got hacked to death with machetes by tribesmen or fundamentalist Muslims.

I mean come on, what did he really think would happen? This girl he was cohorting around with is likely dead now too thanks to his blatant ignorance of the culture he was a guest in.

Was it right to do that to him? No, it's disgusting, but he still deserves a Darwin award.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It's really that difficult to stick to the topic at hand instead of taking shots at the "political correctness brigade"? Give me a break man.

Petty BS aside, truly a disturbing piece of news here. I don't really find it surprising that there is little investigation going on for the reasons already stated earlier in the thread, and what a disgrace it is. The poor guy, that is just beyond awful. Well wishes and love to his family.

I know my earlier post might have seemed off topic, but I think it was just the wording of it that confused some people. This story is a terrible tragedy and is yet another example of Extremist fanatics abusing those tho do not agree with their ideologies and innate desires.

The most ironic part about things like this is that the people who carry out these actions, do so with the belief that they are upholding the values and tradition of their religious tradition. This is grossly incorrect. They are doing things that are forbidden in holy scripture and exploiting certain verses to quench their perverse desires. The Muslim individuals carrying out these actions have lost touch with the true values and meanings of Islam. In the process they have caused more distrust and suspicion of Muslims by Christians.

The point I was trying to make earlier is this: threads that contain the words Christian/Christianity and negative statements or implications are FLOODED with responses condemning and demonising Christianity and Christians in general. When this type of thing happens in Islam, people are afraid to voice their opposition because they are conditioned that it is politically incorrect to do so. Thus, there is a greater number of threads critical of Christianity than other religions, which I think is a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
i doubt the story is fake but there's probably more to it. the christian was probably bangin a muslim girl and they wanted him to marry her and convert. i doubt they'd gank him just for being christian. hell, you'd have to be retarded not to convert if someone has a knife on your testicles and is about to anal rape you.

There are some that would "gank," you for having a different religion than the mainstream in that region of the world. I don't think he was retarded at all and he died for what he believed in and that is the most honorable thing one can do in their life. He did not submit to their pressure and he is a martyr for his faith. What he did is very much christian and rather than blaspheme he let those savages strike him down. I look at it like this, better to die standing up than to get on all fours and beg for your life like a dog. If I was in his position would I have done the same? I hope so, because what he did was noble and righteous.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Jesus said "Turn the other cheek.". One should not be a Christian and call for war or violence. That was not what Jesus preached.

Let's kill another raghead for Jesus just does not have a very spiritual ring to it.

If the OP story is true, then this Christian has stood up for his faith and is reaping his reward according to his beliefs. I am sure that Jesus is proud of him for doing so. I doubt that Pakistan will ever do anything about this or even admit that it happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Jesus said "Turn the other cheek.". One should not be a Christian and call for war or violence. That was not what Jesus preached.

Let's kill another raghead for Jesus just does not have a very spiritual ring to it.

If the OP story is true, then this Christian has stood up for his faith and is reaping his reward according to his beliefs. I am sure that Jesus is proud of him for doing so. I doubt that Pakistan will ever do anything about this or even admit that it happened.

I don't think He meant that cheek.
Sorry.

Jesus was talking about getting slapped in the face. That's little more than an insult. He never said that if someone cuts off your arm, then offer him your leg. Or that if someone rapes your wife offer up your daughter as well. Self defense for Christians is acceptable scripturally, but obviously, invading other nations and calling that self defense is difficult to call Christian. (unless you're part of the red kool aid crowd)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the OP, it’s just a glaring example of religion being used as an excuse for evil behavior. Nothing new about that. Sounds like a lot of poor Christians are trapped in Pakistan. I wonder why the rich Christian West doesn’t do more to get them out? I’m sure the Paki’s would be happy to be rid of them. Or perhaps they’re too attached to their oh so Muslim man rape.

edit for addition

[edit on 14-6-2009 by resistor]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join