It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Man Raped, Murdered for Refusing to Convert to Islam, Family Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Christian Man Raped, Murdered for Refusing to Convert to Islam, Family Says

www.foxnews.com

A young Christian man was raped and brutally murdered in Pakistan for refusing to convert to Islam, and police are doing nothing about it, the victim's brother and minister told FOXNews.com.

Pakistani police reportedly found the body of Tariq "Litto" Mashi Ghauri — a 28-year-old university student in Sargodha, Pakistan — lying dead in a canal outside a rural village in Punjab Province on May 15. He had been raped and stabbed at least five times.

"They have sexually abuse him, torture him with a knife on his testicle and genitals," Ghauri's brother, 24-year-old Salman Nabil Gha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, this is a disturbing story I have to admit.
What I find interesting is the accusation of there being little investigation of this by the Pakistani government.
I do suppose this could be used as part of the justification for religious groups for invading Pakistan?
I don't really think this is a fake story, just that it's being used for some other purpose than just showing some of the atrocities allowed on religious minorities in Pakistan.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Of course they aren't going to do anything for a few reasons.
1) the Pakistani gov. funds the Taliban.
2) they would have to prove a fellow Islamist is gay.
3) Everyone of the arabs there is a friggin' religous extremist.

The world should just be Bhuudist. There would be no violence amongst ourselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i doubt the story is fake but there's probably more to it. the christian was probably bangin a muslim girl and they wanted him to marry her and convert. i doubt they'd gank him just for being christian. hell, you'd have to be retarded not to convert if someone has a knife on your testicles and is about to anal rape you.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at this report at all. This sort of thing no longer shocks me at all. Is it a true report or not? I don't know. But I am not surprised.
We know, whether its one culture, or religion or country, this crap happens. Yeah, we should be outraged, but we are powerless to stop it in our own time.
Should we invade?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Well if the political correctness brigade does not come to this thread, maybe this thread should go to the political correctness brigade?

I don't know about you but I'm saving this link for future reference.
S&freakin'F'd

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It's really that difficult to stick to the topic at hand instead of taking shots at the "political correctness brigade"? Give me a break man.

Petty BS aside, truly a disturbing piece of news here. I don't really find it surprising that there is little investigation going on for the reasons already stated earlier in the thread, and what a disgrace it is. The poor guy, that is just beyond awful. Well wishes and love to his family.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
i doubt the story is fake but there's probably more to it. the christian was probably bangin a muslim girl and they wanted him to marry her and convert. i doubt they'd gank him just for being christian. hell, you'd have to be retarded not to convert if someone has a knife on your testicles and is about to anal rape you.

No, converting to Islam would mean to deny Christ. If you deny Christ then Christ will deny you before the Father and you will perish.

It's in the New Testament.

I doubt he was messing with a muslim girl. Christians are not supposed to be unequally yoked to an unbeliever, and someone who'd go through that and still not deny Christ was strong in faith.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have to admit, .... I prolly would have converted at the first sign of thee ummm, raping.

I think they were gonna rape em anyway, .... who gets sexually aroused at the thought of conversion. Sounds like the master work of a serial raper.

Its ironic to betray your faith in order to convert someone to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Please let's stick to the topic instead of bringing the discussion from other threads into this one.

Thank You.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I know it's a bit morbid, but you just made me crack up man.
It really IS ironic though, isn't it? I just don't see forced conversion floating anybody's boat, but if you're a serial rapist it makes for a good cover.

Edited to add: Thanks to da Mod!!!

[edit on 13-6-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I really hope more people don't use this tragedy for their soap box. Anyway...

From the source:

The Pakistani Embassy in Washington, D.C., told FOXNews.com that they knew nothing of the incident but were looking into it.

But one embassy official questioned the truth of the report.

"On the face of it, this appears to be exaggerated," said the Pakistani official who asked not to be named. "This does not happen over there."

The official said that minorities are very well represented in the Pakistani Parliament, and if someone in fact were murdered for not converting to Islam, "it would have been reported hugely."

The embassy official added, "if an incident of that nature happened over there, there would have to be an investigation."

Yet human rights watchdog groups say that what happened to Litto Ghauri is not uncommon because Christians in Pakistan are looked upon as the dregs of society. Pakistan's population is 97 percent Muslim, and Christians are only a very small part of the remaining 3 percent.

That's really terrible, it does seem like the authorities are trying to gloss this situation over. I thought there were more Christians over there, I was not aware that they only fit within the 3% of the population that is not Muslim. How alone some of those people must feel. I hope this murder doesn't scare more people into "submission". Clearly this is the stupidest and cruelest way to get people to subscribe to your faith.

Edit: grammar

[edit on 13-6-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Agreed, rape and murder doesn't make for much of a selling point, does it?
Also agreed that it sounds as if they're trying to smooth it over without actually doing anything of note about it. Personally, if I were Christian in Pakistan I would've moved out of the country the first chance that I had.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There has been many horrendous crimes by muslims against christians and vice versa. Sad sad news to hear stuff like this....

reply to post by Moodle

hell, you'd have to be retarded not to convert if someone has a knife on your testicles and is about to anal rape you.

Moodle,
Call me retarded then, because I would never convert nor renounce my faith for any amount of torture or hell. Never in a zillion years

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

For Christian families like the Ghauris, living in a remote village in Pakistan, options are few. Because of their poverty they can neither leave nor help secure their own safety.

This does make me wonder if Christians and other minority groups in Pakistan are allowed to keep weapons or if they are somehow prevented from doing so. Or else perhaps the Christian sect's beliefs this man was from kept him from owning firearms and is more of the turn-the-other-cheek kind of sect?
Me being an American and Catholic I personally believe that people should be able to defend themselves and their own, it does get a little irritating that there are still however Christians that don't believe in the right to self defense.
There is scripture that plain as day advocates the keeping of arms to protect oneself and others around them.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Title of this really should read serial raper on the loose in Pakistan. Religion is just an excuse in this story, the persons responsible for this should be in jail. I feel bad for the family who has to deal with this knowing that the criminals will likely never pay for their crime - until the afterlife that is.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle

Uhm... whos the retarded one in this picture?

Can we say everyone? I mean for the goodness sake man, they all believe in crazy BS...

That's the reason for both of the insane behaviors in this situation...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Dude, you really should stop using the word "retarded".
It is offensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join