It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok, first off, I'd like to explain something. This is my first ever time going out and actively seeking the paranormal. Usually, it just happens.

But here's the story.

My friend John and I have heard a story about a house not too far away from us which is supposedly haunted. The backstory is as follows: About 40 years ago, there lived a family in the house. A mother, father and daughter. One day, the mother was at the market, the father was busy with roof repairs and the daughter was running around outside playing. Not to far away from the yard is a deep water well. (At this time, plumbing was a luxury in Norway, especially in this area.)

Well, story has it that the girl fell in the well, and unfortunately drowned. The mother, so distraught found her life unlivable. She took suicide by jumping in front of a passing train downtown. (About 20 minutes walk away.) The father, having lost his child, and now his remaining strength, his wife, turns to the bottle for comfort. Unfortunately, it comforts him too much and he ends up dying by liver failure.

The house has been empty since then, and nearly untouched, although in a state of disrepair.

Now that you have the background story, let me tell you our story which takes place last night, 11pm (+01). My friends sister who has been there once before asked John if it was OK if we left at 11 since she was working late. Hence our leaving at this hour, something John and I would have preferred to avoid.

Her, her boyfriend, John, his fiance and I meet up and take his car out to this house. The grounds around the house is now a camping area. However, the house itself is hidden past a slew of trees and bushes. We make it there a little past 11pm, since its only about a ten minute drive away. Since it's summer, it stays light outside long into the night. However, a storm was heading in making for an eerie experience.

John, his fiance and I are not too keen on the idea of entering the unlocked house, which would be trespassing after all. So we linger outside and take a few photos. Johns sister and her boyfriend decide to venture inside. The door was unlocked and slightly open. They wander inside, look around and come back out. The boyfriend to Johns sister says he'd like to visit the upstairs, and asks John if he can bring his camera/camcorder (which does 750p resolution btw) with him. John agrees.

The boyfriend (I can't remember his name, sorry.) goes inside and heads upstairs. It gets quiet for about five, six minutes. We hear a very loud "SLAM!" and then hear running/falling down the stairs. All of a sudden, the boyfriend is now outside and visibly shaken. He says in Norwegian, "I'm serious guys, a door slammed shut upstairs! I got so scared I fell down the stairs!"

After an inspection of the outside of the house, the boyfriend started to feel adventurous again. He wanted to go back inside and see if he could get more on the camera. He was standing in the door way looking at us, when I see a black(ish) shadow move inside. That's when I had had enough and decided to move on out with or without the group.

Now here comes the interesting part, we are fortunate to have the film of his ventures upstairs. It's a 207mb quicktime video which I'm currently converting to AVI so I can upload it to youtube tomorrow. (It's 3:38am here now, so doubt I'll do much more tonight.)

However, I'll add the pictures so you yourself can have a look.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for a youtube link in this thread.

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
FK

P.S.
The boyfriend has a picture of a face in a window on his cellphone. I'll see if he'd send me a copy and I'll add it.

Here's the link to the pictures from John's camcorder.

s51.photobucket.com...

We'll try to get some more during the daytime.

**Edit**
Will try to verify the story of the house and report back if true/untrue.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Frontkjemper]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Interesting story... I'll be checking back in to see the video!

Thanks...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Midnight is the witching hour....

I want to see the video, sounds cool. You did pick a great time to go out there though. We have a house like that in my hometown...creepy.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I wasn't really keen on the idea of going out there late, but John's sister couldn't do it any earlier because of work.

But thankfully it's summer here now, so it stays light outside to about 11:30, 11:45ish and get's light again around 3am.

So that helped me. I've been out there with John and his fiance during the winter time with a lot of snow. It gets pitch black out there, no one is around the camping spots and it gives you an eerie feeling. We have a video of that as well some where, we only drove in towards the parking spot and then left again. We had no desire to be upsetting anything that could be out there!

The video is converted, all I have to do is open up windows movie maker and add some pictures and the video and upload it to youtube. Seeing how it's the first time I've uploaded anything to youtube, I'd like to do it when I'm fully awake!

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
How very cool. Please keep us posted.

Please consider going back.

Take a tape recorder, ask questions, and see if you turn up some
EVP's.

I suspect what I'm sure we all suspect. It's the father. (?)

EVP's??? please.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

You could also upload it to the ATS Media Center.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok, I tried converting the .mov to .avi using Bink Video Tools. However this distorted the image, took away the audio and of course, made it to over 4gb in size.

I'm going to zip the .mov, and try to host it somewhere and allow those of you who want to view it, to download it and check it out.

If I figure out a way to convert the mov to avi, I'll host it on youtube and here.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After looking through the photo's i personally didn't see any real evidence. Most of the "orbs" are just reflecting light off dust particles. Others were too dark to make out anything, you shoudl play around with the exposure settings for a longer exposure. The twisty face pic, ehh i dunno if thats for real then thats pretty creepy.

One question about the white colored grass area near the foundation. Was there a dryer vent anywhere near that area? just wondering.

tip: try taking pics over your shoulder when your walking, it sounds strange but it's kinda like taking teh spirits by surprise. I caught a nice shadow once that way. Keep on hunting though, keep snapping shots!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
After looking through the photo's i personally didn't see any real evidence.

I didn't post them for any sort of "evidence", just to show a little of the house.

Originally posted by PjZ101Most of the "orbs" are just reflecting light off dust particles.

No, those orbs are rain water.

Originally posted by PjZ101The twisty face pic, ehh i dunno if thats for real then thats pretty creepy.

No, I did that on intention to distort the guys face for privacy.

Originally posted by PjZ101One question about the white colored grass area near the foundation. Was there a dryer vent anywhere near that area? just wondering.

No, this house has never had a dryer. It's been empty for fourty years.

Originally posted by PjZ101tip: try taking pics over your shoulder when your walking, it sounds strange but it's kinda like taking teh spirits by surprise. I caught a nice shadow once that way. Keep on hunting though, keep snapping shots!!

Thanks for the tip.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here's a download link to the movie.

www.filehosting.org...

new topics

top topics

join