It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru Giant Snake Pictures Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Peru Giant Snake Pictures Released

www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Cryptozoology Jon Downes takes a look at photographs sent to the Center for Fortean Zoology from a recent expedition in the Peruvian rainforest by Mike and Greg Warner that show what they believe to be a giant anaconda at the side of a river.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
forteanzoology.blogspot.com

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
After following the link and seeing the released pictures... this is bullcrap! I had tried to go in with an accepting mind, as I have heard about these giant Peru snakes and also heard that someone had gotten pictures, etc etc. I was hopeful we got some great photographic evidence of a cryptozoological monstrous snake!! In my personal opinion and im sure in the opinion of others... the object in these pictures is NOT a snake.

These are both of their pictures and conclusions. I will use MS paint to outline what I see. I will post it in a few.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I dont see a snake or anything resembling a snake in that picture. I thought the big brown thing was the snake at first, then realised it was mud.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
I dont see a snake or anything resembling a snake in that picture. I thought the big brown thing was the snake at first, then realised it was mud.

heh I went on to the link to see if it was some stills of some footage after the snake had gone through leaving a trail ... but no, hmm I dont know, as others say there aint no snake.

And so the study of giant snakes in south America takes another step backwards
, yes I believe they exist but this isnt gonna help their case not one bit.

Brick bat for these researchers.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes indeed. I am not HUGE into cryptozoology but I remember hearing of this and was jazzed to see the photos.

I think I see what theyre claiming to be the snake but it just doesnt look "alive" or even very serpent-like. Im gonna continue following the story though and hope they put out some more conclusive photos.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Am I missing something? I see some muddy water and some trees...

Hey guys, I got a picture of Bigfoot!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a18fee1a068.jpg[/atsimg]

See him? He's right there.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I can agree that it doesnt' really look like anything other than a sand dune and some forest damage.

I mean I would LOVE to have some clear photos of some 200 foot long, 9 feet wide GIANT anaconda, but this surely isn't proof of that.

I think these two might have gotten a little too excited. Why not fly over at a lower altitude if they really wanted to get some great footage?

Something that big can be tracked quite easily I would assume once spotted?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
no giant snake here..

it's a mud bank, sorry..

3rd line?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I see Big Foot much more clear in the Brush than the snake

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How about this pic then?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1363bd6039e3.jpeg[/atsimg]

I cant work out if its real or not.

Source

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
How about this pic then?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1363bd6039e3.jpeg[/atsimg]

I cant work out if its real or not.

Source

According to the article they where mostly doing airplane fly overs of the area, no mention of water travel... so im not to sure where that pic came from and why the article has it in it... you'd think if a snake that large was that close to a canoe it would investigate it a little more than just swim past.

Impressive but id say its a mock up... also might just be my browser but why doesnt that image have a larger version accessible on the site?... all you have to go by is a tiny pic.

Mods any chance this could get shuffled over to the Crypto and mythical beasts forum?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was doing ok till I got to this:
"Cryptozooologist Mike of Hillhall spent his life savings setting up the expedition with Greg to find out more about the snake, which reports say can engorge water then shoot a monkey out of a tree like a water canon."

Shoot a monkey out of a tree? That's a new one on me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

That looks like a branch to me. If it was a snake it would not be sticking out of the water like that! Dear me – clearly the author of the article had never seen a snake swimming!

As for the giant snake... Unless we can actually be shown something which is unambiguous and clear then it is not a giant snake. It is drivel.

If anyone has any evidence, please post.

Regards

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
all i see is water and trees

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I can sort of see what they're talking about, but it's hard to confirm it's a snake. Would it surprise me to see an anaconda that big, probably not.

Peace

top topics

join