It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Being Watched?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Are You Being Watched?

www.newsweek.com

The blimp flying above your head may be watching your every move.
At first glance, there was nothing special about the blimp floating high above the cars and crowd at this year's Indy 500 on Memorial Day weekend. Like most airships, it acted as an advertising vehicle; this time for the Fisher House, a charity focused on helping injured veterans and their families. But the real promo should have been for the blimp's creator, Raytheon, the security company best known for its weapons systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
After the success of the Indy 500 trial, the company is targeting police departments and sporting facilities that want to keep an eye on crowds that might easily morph into an unruly mob. "Large municipalities could find many uses for this [technology] once we figure out how to get it in their hands," says Nathan Kennedy, the blimp's project manager.
For now, cost might be the only thing preventing a blimp from appearing over your head.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow, I am surprised that there are not any ATS members willing to share there opinions on this subject or topic. It concerned me enough to post it...

Hmm

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Concerns me, but with it being such an 'obvious' watcher, just avoid the blimp.

Not like those things move fast either.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Foxe]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am going to play the Devils advocate here, it may be a novel idea to have high tec crowd control in major events, since 911 I have cut down going to large gatherings because I dont feel safe at all.

Yes it is a bit paranoid but more for the safety of my kids than me.

It is a good idea to have safety measures in place that will deter a possible event. Lets face it this is not a third world nation where suiside bombings are everyday occurrences.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This article has already been posted here: link

Second Line

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
mmm, I actually think its a good idea to be honest. I mean, with crowds being so large and because its so easy for them to get out of control tech like this would be invaluable for finding out who might be starting trouble as well as helping the security team keep any trouble under control. It would also provide assistance to any medical teams that had to go in, imagine needing to find the quickest way to get to where you are needed the most.
Just remember guys, not everything out there like this is meant to keep us "under control" or meant to "suppress" us.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

"Novus" thank you for bringing this to my attention... I would never what somebody to do that to me and I plan on apologizing to the other perosn who posted these thread prior to me. I'm still learning how to work this site..

new topics

top topics

join