It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rat Brain Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great, a science and tech forum..

I was almost worrying where to post this..
I was considering the RATS forum or the Motors forum

Well, I am trying to find further news on this but there are a few sites reproting on this already.. It may get some MSM attention and some proper links to the people who built this.

I wonder what job this would fall under? A brain surgeon or a car mechanic?

Do you really want a deadly robotic chassis being controlled by the brain of a rat? Scientists at University of Reading do. They've connected a biological "brain" made of rat neurons to a robot, with a two-way link.

It gets more demented: the robot is controlled via a Bluetooth connection — which means anybody with a cellphone can probably hack its little rat cortex — and the brain is kept inside a bell jar, just like Sylvia Plath's. The rat neurons can send instructions to the robot body, but they can also get signals back. And it has a personality, say researchers

io9.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This truly makes me feel sick. What will we learn from this experiment that can in any way shape of form condone such a disgusting act?

Star and flag from me, every single ats member needs to see this topic.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WOW now that is something that I have not heard about .. Not saying I am suprised I just thought that we are still far from creating cyborgs .. I guess we are closer than we think . If that is public knowledge imagine what the military has already .

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ya for real this right here is real messed up

sick? noooo this is psychotic lol

do they realize that it probably hurts a whole damned lot being turned into a robot?

sigh...another mad scientist expierment

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh my Lord this is sick,....thats just messed up.
What if they figure a way to make a human cybord then?.....

is this FOR real????I mean..really?O_O

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

How long before a robot can be made to house a good brain that was in an ailing body?

We'll end up with 2 types of people with diverging interests, the fleshies and the cybs. Fleshies will hate the cybs because they are powerful and live forever, but are narrow minded and inflexible because of their slowly decaying brains.

Cybs will hate the fleshies because they are immature, unpredictable and they smell.

top topics

join