It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Cyber Command seen as threat to civil liberties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Pentagon Cyber Command seen as threat to civil liberties

rawstory.com

A new report in the New York Times warns that even though President Obama has promised that protections will be built into the cyberdefense strategy, such protections will be difficult to implement in practice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Much of the new military command’s work is expected to be carried out by the National Security Agency, whose role in intercepting the domestic end of international calls and e-mail messages after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, under secret orders issued by the Bush administration, has already generated intense controversy,” the Times explains. “There is simply no way, the officials say, to effectively conduct computer operations without entering networks inside the United States, where the military is prohibited from operating, or traveling electronic paths through countries that are not themselves American targets

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmm, I am very, very surprised not to see the interest in this thread as we all enjoy and would hate to see our enjoyment of the internet interupted by the new Cybercommand that is placing itself in position to control what we do and track us (Spying) as we simply wish to live our lives in peace... Very Surprised

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I don't believe anything that comes out of president Obushmas mouth. It's just like his buddy George you believe the opposite of what comes out of his mouth. So if he says he will protect our rights he definitely will see that they are not protected. Very simple and very unfortunate.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Great post Ablue07 but just one note... George is not my friend lol... My canadiate choices have lost in every election since Regan

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Let me try to show you what has happened within 5 mins so you can understand.

1)

(click to open player in new window)

and

2)

Dems on the House Intelligence Committee have drafted a new bill that would strip the President of his authority to limit such briefings to the so-called “Gang of Eight” — the leaders of the House and Senate from both parties, and the leaders of the Congressional Intelligence committees — and allow a larger group of members of Congress to attend.

theplumline.whorunsgov.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Occurs it is, now they don't have to hide to spy on you, but is ok as long as Obama the charismatic is smiling to you, you are supposed to feel all warm and cozy because is been operated right from the white house.

Hail Hitler.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I love it! The best way to make a point is to back it up with evidence. I love this post, Thank you for sharing and taking the time.

new topics

top topics

join