It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama says he has found more than 300 billion dollars to make health care available for al

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

US President Barack Obama said Saturday he had found more than 300 billion dollars that could help his government make health care available to all Americans.

The announcement means that the president’s health care reform project, estimated to cost around one trillion dollars, would be almost fully financed.

“And I have made a firm commitment that health care reform will not add to the federal deficit over the next decade,” Obama said in his weekly radio address.

He said that to keep this commitment, his administration had already identified how to pay for the 635-billion-dollar down payment on reform detailed in the budget proposal submitted to Congress earlier this year.

“So today, I am announcing an additional 313 billion dollars in savings that will rein in unnecessary spending, and increase efficiency and the quality of care - savings that will ensure that we have nearly 950 billion dollars set aside to offset the cost of health care reform over the next ten years,” the president pointed out.

rawstory.com...

Wait a second-- let's just wait. How did he find this money?

So he just printed more money... or used whatever money hasn't been printed already and now he's using it for health-care?

I'm completely lost.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hmm...Perhaps Bill Gates dropped some on a morning stroll down the street?

Finders keepers, Obama...finders keepers...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Along with the dollars that they're likely printing up as you've stated, they'll probably just cut some funding out of something important such as Education in order to make this ridiculous bill a reality.
It's funny how the author of this article considers 1/3 of 1 trillion as "almost fully financed". Spin spin spin, then spin some more!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This money is supposedly coming from lower drug costs and money they won't spend providing services to the uninsured. If the focus goes to preventive care then this amount will seem small based on the future svaings that will provide.

Of course my mind went immediately to $143 billion discovered going into Italy.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He 'found' 300 billion, but the health care would cost 1 trillion??
So according to Obama's math, it's covered?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This bill is absolutely ludicrous, and I just cannot WAIT to bleed out in the ER waiting room while sitting in line behind 200 other people who are also dying.

Not to mention all of the poor uninsured bastards who will be refused treatment and die as well.

The Feds really seem to have gotten a handle on this population control thing, haven't they?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Couldnt have said any better! I myself am one of those who would die since I dont have health care. My job doesnt offer it and I cant afford it on my own. I pay cash when I go and they always give me a hard time. I went to the ER last summer for a kidney infection and the lady in billing got an attitude because I didnt have insurance. I told her I would pay cash for the visit. I paid 150 bucks and then paid the rest off in payments. I swear it seems if you have cash for anything they want plastic.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gosh, I wish that I could just find and extra $300 billion laying around!

Maybe America should stand up and, instead of thinking for the now, think about the future. It is infinitely more important to pay off the national debt before going for luxuries like universal health care. No one [that is sensible] would go out and buy a brand new BMW when they are about to go bankrupt. Why do these politicians insist on chasing after this when the country is about to go under?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Don't you love the new obama administration...His open book policy's and all lol

the man is crooked as G.W.B ever thought about being.

Simply because he used G.W.B as a tool to get elected...did he not...
That make's him a hypocrite lol

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He 'found' 300 billion, but the health care would cost 1 trillion??
So according to Obama's math, it's covered?

Don't forget he "set aside" 634 Billion from TARP

And I have made a firm commitment that health care reform will not add to the federal deficit over the next decade

WHAT How on earth will the 634 Billion from TARP not "add to the federal deficit" THis is ridiculous! This rock star will get his healthcare reform, that is as sure as it is that the media not cover it objectivly.

..won't add t0 the deficite.. pfft... please. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining

-E-

[edit on 13-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wonder if Michelle found it going through his pants on washing day?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obama math.

He tripled the deficit, then said he's going to cut it in half by the end of his term.

Suppose the deficit is $100. He triples it to $300, then cuts it in half.

That's $150. Still more deficit than what was there when he took office.

But, since this is Obama doing it, everything is going to be fine. Just fine.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Wait a second-- let's just wait. How did he find this money?

"Barack, honey, I think I lost my debit card."

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No, he is taking $300 -313 billion dollars from medicaid, and medicare to pay for part of his new healthcare reforms.

This is why in one of the bills, that I am not sure yet if it has passed, part of their plan is to make the government dictate, if it is economically viable, what sort of treatments patients will have, instead of doctors making the call.

Also any doctors, and hospitals who don't follow this new procedure will be "penalized".

Since this money is being taken from medicaid, and medicare, it will impact low income Americans, and mostly the elderly.

"More details about public insurance and how lawmakers intend to pay for overhauling the health care system, which could cost more than $1 trillion, are likely to emerge this week when the Senate Finance Committee releases a draft bill. To ease concerns about cost, Obama said Saturday the administration could squeeze $313 billion in savings out of Medicare and Medicaid over the next decade."

www.cbsnews.com...

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”

Keeping doctors informed of the newest medical findings is important, but enforcing uniformity goes too far.

New Penalties

Hospitals and doctors that are not meaningful users of the new system will face penalties. “Meaningful user” isn’t defined in the bill. That will be left to the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose “more stringent measures of meaningful use over time” (511, 518, 540-541)

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Where did Obama find $300,000,000,000 extra dollars please tell us we would all like to know. Surely not from a hike in taxes that could not be, from the poor and elderly surely not. In Somebodies freezer?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by amari]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
This bill is absolutely ludicrous, and I just cannot WAIT to bleed out in the ER waiting room while sitting in line behind 200 other people who are also dying.

Not to mention all of the poor uninsured bastards who will be refused treatment and die as well.

The Feds really seem to have gotten a handle on this population control thing, haven't they?

Hey us Brits have had it for years.

Prepare for waiting six hours in the emergency room, then another 5 hours on an actual ward just to be told it's a water infection.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
No, he is taking $300 -313 billion dollars from medicaid, and medicare to pay for part of his new healthcare reforms.

This just doesn't make ANY sense to me!!!

So these people that are not going to be receiving health care from medicaid or medicare are going to be switched over to his new health care plan, wouldn't that SEEM like all this money would still be paying for these same people, just under a new "health care plan/name"!

How is this going to help pay for the millions of "NEW" people that are now going to be on this "NEW" health care plan?

This new health care plan, I believe, is going to be disastrous!

Canada & Britain
Socialized failure: dissecting health-care data from Britain, Canada, and elsewhere.
he Problems with Socialized Health Care
Kidney cancer patients denied life-saving drugs by NHS rationing body NICE
Girl, 3, has heart operation cancelled three times because of bed shortage
NHS under fire over waiting times
Why Canadians Purchase Private Health Insurance
The Ugly Truth About Canadian Health Care
Canada's Medical Nightmare
Hospital urges patients to stay away unless really ill
New Zealand
On the waiting list roller-coaster
Australia
Public patients wait longer for surgery
USSR
Socialized Health-Care Nightmare
Russia's Health Care Is Crumbling: Dire Lack of Funds Creates Sick, Dwindling Populace And 'National Emergency'

And the list of articles and facts goes on and on with all the failures and pitfalls of a government run "socialized" health care system.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
16 thousand American Doctors support a single payer system.

Link

We live in a community. We should help each other when we really need help!

Why is that so scary to some of you?

The majority of bankruptcies in the US are health care related!

A society should be judged by how it treats "the least" among us.

Take the profit out of insurance! They are parasites nothing more with their goal of "maximizing profits" at the expense of sick and dying human beings.

Disgusting!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am sure all of the projections were based on good case scenario, not a sinking economy. How many more billions will all of this truly cost us won't be known until the future? By then they will be telling us it is unsustainable.

I also have problems with the cuts in Medicare and Medicaid. Whatever happened to taken care of the young and old.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
He is lying to us all, the initial cost to jump start the health care reform is a whooping 1 trillion or more 300 billions is peanuts and if he is going to just start with that, then people hold on to your private insurances because emergency rooms are going to get very busy very soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join