It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hell should I feel sorry, says girl soldier who abused Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I hope she rots in her own mind and in hell. I do want to bring up that maybe being a female she felt these men deserved everything they got for the way they treated their own females. The way they shamed them.

I don't know just a thought. I'd be ashamed to be her mother thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

If you want to truly indoctrinate people, you want average intellegence and moral people. Stupid people can not be trained to follow orders well they have an anoying habit of forgeting excactly what they are told to do. As for immoral people well lets say they like to enjoy themselves and that usually means being the top dog in the pack and no officer wants to be fragged.
A lot of everything else your saying makes sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
here i am going to contradict myself in this post. I think torture is completely wrong weather guilty or not. Even though i think it is completely wrong there is 1 person in thie world i would love to torture like they did with those inmates and worse for what he did to me in my life. he completely ruined my life. Oh and to top it all off he is from the middle east. so i guess you could say i am at a split decision. it might not be right but some may deserve such treatment. im not saying everyone that was tortured deserved it but i am sure some of them more then likely did deserve it.

"EDIT"
Notice I say Its wrong weather guilty or not is comepltely different then deserving to be tortured.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Kurotachi]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I couldn't have said it better. The articles of war were beaten in to our heads before every deployment. One of the underlying facts beat into our heads at Paris Island was that YOU only YOU are responsible for your actions. If you follow an unlawful order you ass is in the meat grinder to.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This reminds me of a documentary i watched on tv about Auschwitz. The comments by this woman are not that far out from comments made by former SS guards in regards to there total lack of remorse, in their treatment of prisoners.

It sickens me. I know i shouldn't tar all military personnel with the same brush as this "woman" if she can be called such a thing, but to be honest it is instances such as this which make me hate Americans and American soldiers. Something is seriously wrong with your country.....on a deep sociological and psychological level.

I know i would be ashamed to be from the same country as that woman. Infact i am ashamed to be from the same species as her.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well one thing she said I agree with; if the situation had been reversed those guys would have done 20 times worse to their prisoners. And they have.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero
Well one thing she said I agree with; if the situation had been reversed those guys would have done 20 times worse to their prisoners. And they have.

The fact you agree with anything she said is appaling. So that somehow justifies her actiosn? Please tell me you are NOT trying to defend her.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i doubt he is trying to defend her. i think what he is trying to say is that. if we would have just left it alone and was not there. The Iraqis would have done way worse to the inmates then what we did. and yes they have done worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurotachi
i doubt he is trying to defend her. i think what he is trying to say is that. if we would have just left it alone and was not there. The Iraqis would have done way worse to the inmates then what we did. and yes they have done worse.

Okay but its still making excuses for her actions. It doesn't make it okay in the slightest. So the Iraqis would have treated them badly, but the Americans treated them badly, but not as bad, so that somehow makes it ok.....ummmm no don't think so.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
She would care if those things had been done to her...

She should care because those photos helped fire the insurgency which killed fellow troops...

She should care because many of those people in Abu Ghraib were just swept up and were innocent...

She should care because her ignorant and callus behavior gave her nation a black eye.

Idiot.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That woman looks like perfectly suited for a sacrificial lamb role. A half-brained trailer-trash squirrel-shooting immoral scumbag shockingly "tortures prisoners".

Nothing that anyone on any media (including all of internet) says I take as truth, so this case could just be US cleaning few dirty photos accidentally released by someone. Stuff like this has been done in my country in exactly the same style - dirty works of few hundred people came down to one guy with made-up biography, so he looks like a monster to public. I don't blame anyone, but chances are this woman is just a dinner - and people will forget what they ate few days later.

That's what I think, so I don't neither blame the woman nor hate her. Also, attributing those crimes to someone else won't fix the problem that we as a whole planet have and blindly miss-handle.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A person just because they are "trained" to not think for themselves and "do what they are told, when they are told" is not a good excuse for torturing.

The Greatest Sin is Silence in the Face of Evil.

Everyone should be able to think for themselves.

When people cease to think for themselves and do what they are commanded, when people cease to fight for the rights of their fellow human brothers and sisters we could end up with another page of history like the 11-17 million people who where murdered during Hitler's reign.

GOD, DOES MANKIND EVER LEARN FROM HIS PAST MISTAKES?

There is no excuse for such vile, heartless meaness, none.

Anyone who ordered and everyone who participated in this should be prosecuted.

Just because "it is war" is not an excuse.

Torturing another human (or animal) is not right and every person reading this know this.

Of all the stuff I personally hate, the willful hurting of another being is at the top of my list and finding pleasure in hurting someone, well that is a sick person indeed.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What cha gonna do? We all know there's "nut jobs" all over the place! We all have known them, worked with them, seen and read about them, through-out history.

No ,matter what venture is done there will always be 'Ass-clowns in the mix', to mess things up! (remember that nut-job female astronut that follow her competition for another man (astronaut) in baby diapers? She was a well educated person who ended up being an ass-clown! She was goon do god -knows what, to this other woman , but luckly got nabbed!

president Bill Clinton! What was he thinking!! nut-job syndrome that's all!

president Nixon, David Letterman, George Bush (both), Grasshopper, OJ, ad infinitum...

Its just the way things are. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

This reminds me of a documentary i watched on tv about Auschwitz. The comments by this woman are not that far out from comments made by former SS guards in regards to there total lack of remorse, in their treatment of prisoners.

You are most correct.

Scary isn't it that mankind never seems to learn from his past mistakes.

The Bush Administration knew about this shi* all along, they probably ordered it and condoned it. Says alot about our "civilized" country doesn't it.

People are so easily manipulated in voting for a fuc*ed up government by fear. There were no weapons of mass destruction and 911 was (I believe) a inside job to manipulate the masses by fear into this war.

Once you are a citizen within a country that condons torture the door is wide open for someone coming in the middle of the night for you or your husband, or child and never seeing them again.

Certain lines are best left uncrossed and torture is one of those lines.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

So that makes it right?

Once you cross that line you cease being a civilized human being and fall to the level of say the nazi's that killed 11-17 million jews.

Once you cross that line of condoning torture there is no going back.

Two wrongs never make a right.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. Mohandas Gandhi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. Mahatma Gandhi

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi,

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

Anything I say to someone that would condon torture just won't reach them, they have "crossed that line" and gone over to the dark side.

Where I am concerned personally the rest of all of you could commit and condon the torturing of another being and I still with the 300 billion of you condoning it, doing it, never go along with it.

Wrong is wrong and it does not matter who does what torturing of another being is W.R.O.N.G. period. No if ands or butts.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

The fact you agree with anything she said is appaling. So that somehow justifies her actiosn? Please tell me you are NOT trying to defend her.

I dunno; I don't know the extent of what was done with those prisoners... although I will say forming a human pyramid, being naked, wearing women's underwear, barking dogs, a human dogpile, and having a guy on a leash is about all I've seen of it. If that is about the extent of it then I can say it pales in comparison with getting your head cut off, your genitals removed etc etc... which to my knowledge we do not do. I don't agree with torture because I don't think it results in reliable information, but our version of torture seems more aligned to frat pranks... it would be better to try to inspire them to snap out of their mindset I think.

Waterboarding on the other hand.. yes that should never be allowed.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Good quote! haha

Love breeds love.

Hatred breeds hatred.

Being mean to one man can create a chain of events that was started by you.

You make fun of a guy, he goes home and is depressed, his wife gets upset and takes it out on her son, her son goes to school sad and bullies another boy, that boy goes home and takes out his anger on his kitten, this upsets his sister and so it carries on and on.

I know that's a bit over the top!! lmao, but you get my point haha.

And the world slowly becomes a more negative and bad place for everyone, what goes around comes around.

If we instead do good then the same thing applies just the opposite.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If that is about the extent of it then I can say it pales in comparison with getting your head cut off, your genitals removed etc etc... which to my knowledge we do not do.

But that's like saying raping an animal pales in compasion to killing and raping a human.

My point is wrong is wrong, this is not some competition to see who can torture better.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

If that is about the extent of it then I can say it pales in comparison with getting your head cut off, your genitals removed etc etc... which to my knowledge we do not do.

But that's like saying raping an animal pales in compasion to killing and raping a human.

My point is wrong is wrong, this is not some competition to see who can torture better.

Putting someone in a cell is a form of torture as well and you are attacking my argument with a weak analogy. However since this has undoubtedly occured you are correct, both rapes are crimes, however the human rape is the more serious....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join