It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hell should I feel sorry, says girl soldier who abused Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The point that is best taken from your posting besides others as you are so spot on is "Intelligent and morally sound individuals simply would not do things like this, and our military leadership knows that."

Our Military Leadership is who asked these things of our soldiers, some comply and most do not and I know to many who choice is to not are being treated as "A Problem" within our military. It sickens me and breaks my heart.

Great post

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

We don't always agree, but I think you hit the nail right on the head with this one...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It was people like this pond scum that helped convince me to leave the army back in 96.

Undisciplined, braindead, disrespectful, amoral, and simply bottom pond life. Sure, the military has always recruited farm kids and people of generally low intelligence, but it worked and usually shaped them into something more, improved them, broadened their experiences and their horizons. But in the mid 90's, they simply went through training and came out unchanged.

At the other end, you had officers and the well educated who were just as bad, if not worse in some areas. Incompetent, lazy, pathetic excuses for leaders, let their units and charges collapse and fall into ruin while they were busy finding out which higher up's rump would provide the greatest advancement opportunities when kissed. Total neglect of duties.

I am glad people are shunning this broad and her pathetic attempt to cash in on her infamy. It shows that even in little backwoods towns in America, people have plenty of decency and moral strength.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is another example in my humble opinion of just how phony the so called ‘War on Terror’ truly is.

I can’t imagine how this young woman or anyone within the government wouldn’t see how it would be very much in her interest and the nation’s itself to protect this woman’s anonymity.

One might easily imagine if there were a fanatical clique of well funded, well armed, fanatical Islamic zealots intent upon traveling far and wide to avenge offenses against Muslims and Islam that this woman would be prominently featured on that list of people revenge ought be meted out too.

Yet clearly neither she nor the government has any such noticeable worry as she struggles to lead a semipublic life in the home and hometown she grew up in the West Virginia hills.

That strikes me as incredibly odd, and potentially deadly for Ms. England and potentially embarrassing for the United States if this woman were to suffer such a fate.

Her actions and lack of remorse are reprehensible but one might even ask themselves, is this book, is this publicity all meant to make her a sacrificial target for a War on Terror that is so little of a threat that the Federal Bureau of Investigations has to seed, nurture and grow the occasional and random ‘domestic homegrown’ terrorist plot just to make it seem like there is some threat that warrants such unconstitutional things as the Patriot Act and the Foreign Intelligence Service Act and the billions of dollars spent on behalf of the military industrial and security industrial complexes annually to protect us from the so called Terrorist scourge and menace.

If ever there was an individual American citizen that might expect to be targeted by Islamic extremists it would seem this woman would be that citizen.

Which leaves me with two nagging questions, one being is the War on Terror that much of a sham that the U.S. Government has not sought some type of preventative security for this woman, or are they secretly hoping that Islamic extremists might find her an inviting target in hopes of gaining some incident that justifies the War on Terror in it’s extreme and unconstitutional domestic remedies?

They put the soldier who informed to the government on this merry band of amoral sadists and psychopaths into a witness styled protection program but left the amoral sadists and psychopaths themselves entirely exposed to potential nongovernmental reprisals?

In my humble opinion there is a far bigger story here that should concern Americans and this would be that story.

It is a very strange world we live in.

[edit on 13/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder how she would feel if she was forced to do a centrefold shoot for Penthouse?

See if anyone cares for her right to privacy in that situation.

Moron.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I wonder how she would feel if she was forced to do a centrefold shoot for Penthouse?

No worries there; that's not going to happen anytime in the near future. She's not that attractive.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
No worries there; that's not going to happen anytime in the near future. She's not that attractive.

Make-up? Photoshop?

Maybe she could still make the centrefold of GI Joe's Penthouse.

Remember, it's the inner beauty that counts! She's shown her qualities for what they are!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This is another example in my humble opinion of just how phony the so called ‘War on Terror’ truly is.

It's no longer the "War on Terror". Obama has decided that it will now be called, "Overseas Contingency Operations".

And I guess that means that terrorist are now, "Enemies against Peace" or EAPs.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
its insulting to an entire nation.

Should I speak of other things are that insuling to entire nations?

Or will you be offended in the wrong way because these example will consist of foreign nations?

It's not insulting to an entire nation, speaking truth is always FOR MULTIPLE nations!

Do you know how much support this trailer park trash will get?
You talk as if the majority of people actually think lol

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am interested in reading that book. I would like to know what was going through that soldiers mind. There is a difference between following orders and enjoying what you are doing (not only with things like this but simple tasks as well). You don't pose for pictures when you are following orders.

Contrary to the image that this soldier is presenting us with I don't believe the military is looking for soldiers like this. I will admit that some with less than desirable intentions do climb the ranks but it's important to understand that the military is one of the most divers groups of people in the world. The US military is made up of people from all over the US with many different backgrounds. It's nearly impossible to compare the views and ideas of one soldier to another.

Not only were their actions wrong, they were stupid. It saddens me to know that the military's standards for new recruits has dropped. The discipline of the soldiers coming out of basic training is almost unbearable. I remember the discipline of the South Korean soldiers and it was outstanding. It frustrates me to believe that a soldier would behave in the manner that would disgrace the military like this. I promise you that if I was still in the military and this was happening in my unit this would not have happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ya know, i hate when people try to treat was with rules and regulations, war is not a normal state. The military looks for psychopaths and sick ppl, because guess what its war. Our enemies are not fighting by any rules, why should we. By trying to be nice, we are prolonging the bloodshed. This is a fight for nothing but oil, and my opion on it is go in there, kill every f*cker that stands in your way, and end this as quickly and smoothly as possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
As Union Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman said in relation to warfare, "War is hell." It brings the worst out of men. It heightens our primordial instincts. It is a break down of civilized thought. It is quite possible that the soldiers in the Abu Ghraib scandal were given orders to commence in that inhumane treatment of the prisoners. However, each soldier, sailor, and marine has a right to choose to follow a given order. They will say that they face attacks by their unit and potential court marshal. If those are the punishments for doing what is right then give it to me and send me to the brig or the stockade. I am the one that has to look at myself in the mirror everyday not them. Moreover, some will say as an excuse they will do worse to us. If that is the case so be it and if we act like the enemy we are no better and deserve to lose.

I am a veteran and what she did is appalling and her demeanor is that of someone a few cans short of a six pack. Lynndie England needs serious help if she doesn't feel emotionally disturbed by her actions. She is a real wretch of a human and then to postulate profiting herself by that horrendous behavior is an abomination. I have sympathy for her I truly do. She needs help seriously. Rather than judge her we need to truly understand what was troubling her at the time. I commend the soldier that divulged this travesty to the authorities. He was the one bright spot in all this mess. I just hope it wasn't just to save his own skin but that he was truly disturbed by his unit's actions.

She is a disgrace to the uniform and any veteran that served past and present. I'm glad she was thrown out of the military.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, why should she feel sorry for it? She was just following orders right?

Remember guys! She did this for freedom and democracy!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
America's finest. Stand proud Americans!

To be the best of the best of the best, Sir!

This seems to be just another case of promoting her book to capitalise on torture. At least one good thing came of it, her face used the world over as the face of torture and used as recruitment against America. I guess that counts as an own goal

American's are a bunch of jokes.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It's no longer the "War on Terror". Obama has decided that it will now be called, "Overseas Contingency Operations".

This is "think-speak", I think. It's not a war on terror, it's a war of terror.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie

This is "think-speak", I think. It's not a war on terror, it's a war of terror.

I thought it was a War of American Arrogance.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You know, it is cases like this that want the rest of the world to actually support countries like North Korea and Iran because they got a backbone to stand up against American arrogance.

You really shoot yourselves your own foot.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Well although I don't necessarilly agree with her stance, we could have

taken the terrorist route and just started chopping their heads off. I mean

because people who pick up inicent civilians off the street to torture and

kill them they really deserve some sort of country club life style like we

give to the rapists and pedi's over here in the US. The justice system is a

joke, if your in any way shape or form involved in any type of murder

your life should be basically worthless. I'm not saying this girl did the right

thing by torturing, honestly I don't have the stomach for that stuff, but she

didn't do any worse then they've already done to themselves. Be happy

I don't have a revolver with unlimited ammo on me and a firing line of

murdering terrorists going out the door; why do we give murderers any

rights at all. Just like those Nazi's should have been put into their own

camps to starve to death, these people should get the same radical

treatment that they've given to us.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

There's a big difference between regular army and guardsmen today. There was an even greater difference then. Check it out for yourself please!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The author was being kind when he referred to her as trailer trash.
I can think of more accurate names that apply.

She might as well have peed on the flag on national TV, because nobody
will ever look at the U.S. the same ever again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join