It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Sarah Palin thinks statutory rape is nothing to laugh at, why did she continue to let Bristol see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of double speak coming out of this lipstick wearing governor. If Sarah believes this is so wrong why did she continue to let Bristol see Levi? He was after all 18 at the time seeing her underage 17 year old pregnant daughter. Note that this was fine during the election when it was said that the two would marry. How convenient that as soon as the election was over so was the Bristol / Levi love affair.

I myself don't have a problem with a 17 year old and an 18 year old sleeping together, but you can't have it both ways Sarah. It's either funny or it's not.

Besides, it was pretty obvious Dave was talking about Bristol in his skit since the 14 year old hadn't been known to be sleeping around. As far as we know.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It wasn't obvious which he was talking about, but her 14 year old was the one w/ her. You have to just guess which one he was referring to and context points to the one attending.

Poor taste, but humorous.

And, rape is non-consensual, where Bristol and Levi are consentual so there isn't a comparison.

I didn't get any rape reference from what I heard/saw about the joke. Just that he suggested ONE of her daughters got knocked up during the 7th inning.

Really dumb of Dave either way. Now if the daughter was a hussie and running around all the time, that'd be a different thing alltogether.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Sarah Palin may not have known that Bristol and Levi were having sex. I don't know of many teenagers who are going around telling their parents, "Yup, I'm havin' sex. And it's grrrrrrreat!" Kids know that telling your parents you're having sex, especially in Christian circles, can be devastating.

How convenient that as soon as the election was over so was the Bristol / Levi love affair.

Levi is the one that walked away. Had McCain/Palin won, I bet that he would've still walked away. He was 18. He probably really didn't want to settle down. He may have said that he would marry Bristol to make Sarah happy.

Besides, it was pretty obvious Dave was talking about Bristol in his skit since the 14 year old hadn't been known to be sleeping around.

Had Bristol gone to the Yankees game, yes, it would've been obvious. Since Willow is the daughter that was there, it's kinda tough to say that Letterman had Bristol in mind. Even if he did, he should've thought it through better. He didn't though because he has immense destain for Sarah Palin. [Probably because her debate got more viewers on one night than he could ever dream of!]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

statutory rape is different state by state. In many for an 18 year old to have consensual sex with a someone under 18 is considered this.

On the same line in many states for two minors to commence in intercourse, where there is a two difference in age, is also considered statutory rape.

Now, I know exactly where Sundancer was going with this. Sure the joke shows a lack of taste on David Letterman's self. However, the best Defemation(sp) of Charactor Sara Palin could come up with is he's a dirty old man, and She's the one that brought up statutory rape.

The cookie cutter must of been a little dull when she left the sheet. She opened that doorway, and obviously she doesn't take it too seriously. If she did, then little Levi would be sitting in jail.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Sorry but your post makes no sense. There's a big difference between Palin the "lipstick wearing governor" saying that she doesn't find anything funny about statutory rape and her teenage daughter having underage consensual sex. Whether or not you consider it to be salutatory rape, her point still stands. She's not contradicting herself.

"I myself don't have a problem with a 17 year old and an 18 year old sleeping together, but you can't have it both ways Sarah. It's either funny or it's not."

What do you mean its either funny or its not?? Did she say at some point that she thought Bristol having underage sex was funny or that it was ok to joke about it?

Honestly if you dont like the woman why waste time twisting her words and bashing her. Its your right to not like someone but why not focus on the millions other f-ed up things going on the world.

new topics

top topics

join