It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of mp3�s?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
First of, I love mp3�s nice to have all the music you love on one HD not bothering whiff cd�s or having some mp3�s on cd in you�re car or having a mp3 player like nomad makes life so much easy hear.

But hears the thing is this a good thing we all downloading mp3�s and shearing and distributing, I still download mp3�s but don�t shear or distribute mp3�s any more.

Is the music industry starting to go under because of this are we goanna be the reason way our favorer artists are not goanna make it in this industry�

But it looks for me if thy are busy doing something about this problem most of you ho are download mp3�s will know most of the sites are not working anymore ore thy are working but the link to the downloads are gone. And gust some sites still have links to download.

I say thy must start selling music in mp3 format half the price of normal cd�s because if you go out and check everything like car radios and dvd players and more can play mp3�s so way not start making and selling mp3 format cd�s, and like if the artest have more then one cd thy can put all on one cd.

I mean the technologies are here lets use it.

What is you�re views on this mp3 revaluation

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum but anyway

The mp3 are quite cool its amazing that it can store loads of music on such a small piece of equpiment, but they are so darn expensive.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Aren�t shore myself so feel free to move it...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I cant i dont Mod this forum for now i guess it stays here

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
MP3's are to the Internet as Jimi Hendrix was to Music.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Surely Mp3'3s are those portable things the size pagers right

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ahhh yes your quite right there sire
lol

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Good for aminute there i thought we where talking about to different thing *wipes sweat from forehead*

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Good for aminute there i thought we where talking about to different thing *wipes sweat from forehead*

lol ... aren't we?? haha j/k

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

This maade me think differently

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I know i'm good aren't i "grin"

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Please don't insult Hendrix, he was not a petty thief.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Indeed, Hendrix is one of my all-time favorites.

I think they should sell music in mp3 format too. I'm pretty sure this must already exist somewhere, as it's pretty obvious, it must exist on the net somewhere, if not physically in a shop.

It should be cheaper, as the distribution costs are near zero for an mp3. Perhaps it should be delivered by the internet to burn at home.

I'll leave this thread in this forum, it is chatty, but it's about music, so it is valid here, I believe.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It dos exist on the web but not in full swing mode, I think time will tell mp3�s will become the mane stream music format but for know normal cd�s are mane stream that�s what a mean not all people have internet to download legal music so that must provide it in stores on cd�s in mp3 format what I think will be grate�

And I agree mp3�s must be cheaper, the internet is a nice way to distribute mp3�s but for me it�s time consuming because I only have normal telephone line 64k modem and the line don�t go past 32k sometimes so it�s bad slow don�t have all the time to sit and download all the time so mp3 cd will be nice in stores.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I enjoy mp3's very much.
The whole file-sharing thing is great, IMO. It's allowed a lot of exposure for great, underground or indie bands you may not be able to be exposed to otherwise. Personally, I've discovered many, many terrific bands I wouldn't have had there not been file sharing programs availible. And if I find a band I like, I support them. I'll buy their cd's, and more importantly, I'll go to their live shows.
If I don't like the music, I'll simply delete the files.

I've been using a paysite for the most part for the last bit, anyway. Much more reliable, and more guarantee that you'll find what you want, and not have something mislabeled, etc.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
wtf are concerts for?

MONEY FOR THE ARTIST!

They make ABSOLUTE # off record sales, that goes to the label, etc.

well as far as I know....

I can't live without my mp3 player, got it hooked up to the usb port right now, switching out songs!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
*coughs and points at other post*

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Exactly, lysergic.
Most of the profit for them comes from their touring, which is why when I really like a band, i'll definitely go see them live.
Nothing beats live music.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I actually ran a record label and anybody in the music industry knows that artist sometimes don't even clear 9 to 15 cents per CD, not only that but they owe their labels for their signing bonus and cash advances as well as jewels, production, artwork and a host of other things. Concerts really are their bread and butter...many artists will be changing their minds in the next few years though on the whole digital music revolution and it's benefits.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I love mp3's very much. The ability to have all of my music with me at all times is a godsend.

As far as P2P, thumbs down. It needs to be regulated. iTunes has the right idea, but they are charging too much per song.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join