It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians sue for right to burn gay teen novel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
Marriage in America is full of Christian beliefs.That is why people are against it,not because they hate gays or think that they should be punished.

Does this mean a Christian should be against marriage between Hindus and Muslims and Shintoists and Satanists and atheists?

Sadly none of these are likely to fill their marriages with Christian beliefs.
I really think stopping these groups marrying is much more important to the cause of Christianity than stopping a few gays is. Just think what a great achievement it would be!!!

Perhaps you should drop this cause and start on that right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What I find to be the issue of threads like this, is the need for those who refuse to believe in God, not only to insist there is no God, but to insist that Christians need to accept beliefs contrary to what they are certain is sin and sinful acts.

If you want to be gay, go be gay. march in the parades letting it all hang out. Wear pink shirts and rainbow colors to show the love of gaydom. If that's what you want to do. But in the end Christians that have actually read the Bible will never accept homosexuality as anything else but a sinful act.

Now, you can say that gays can marry, and the state can give them a certificate to show that a wedding took place. The TV shows can model it and promote it, but it cannot be marraige because marraige consists of a man and a woman no matter how you dress it up.

The point I am trying to make here is this. No matter how dark this world system gets, truth will always be there and it's truth that is really the reason for Christian bashing. Christians are mere followers of the truth. Your beef is with the Creator God and what he has said about the subject. Sodom and Gamorrah were not destroyed for rampant gayness, but the open expression of it in defiance to God was the capstone of their destruction. We are fast entering this same fate. Christians are merely the salt that gets rubbed into the mix and that causes some discomfort to the gays and gays sympathizers.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I hate to see threads spin off into wide sweeping strokes against religion as a whole. I AM curious what your opinion is on the subject?

How do you feel about Gay rights or burning a book that has homosexuality as one of the main elements? Why not comment on that as WELL as what you posted?

I think burning books is stupid behaviour. Books are optional reading tools and are not forced down your throat - you have the option to read or not read something. Why burn something, risking fire and lung damage, when you can simply ignore it? The same goes with burning music CDs which are considered evil or satanic in nature.

People who do these things in order to show God that they condemn these "evil things" are misguided. I doubt God will love/respect you more if you burn Carson Kressley's autobiography, stand at a funeral of an actor that played a homosexual character and chant "God hates f**s!" or throw AC/DC albums into a blazing bonfire. God would much rather people showed tolerance towards each other and encourage, but NOT force, others to live in the image of God.

Yes there is a small minority of Christians who do these stupid things. But the wording of threads like these aim to demonise Christians in general.

P.S.: My personal views on "gay rights" has nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by The All Seeing I

The address given for the WI group is an empty lot. Having been a grass roots organizer listing empty lots as your place of business is a good reason for others that think in your terms to shut down the operation.

Well i'll be damned your right, this is what came up when i ran a reverse phone number look up (of the wisconsin number) via the white pages.

Looks like it could be an industrial area... maybe this will be the lot where they'll have their pow-wow bombfire? Through the Milwaukee's Department of Neighborhood Services - Commercial Section, Bukowski is the landlord listed with a 'XYZ Company'... a very generic/mysterious sounding name. Here's the pdf for those who care to figure this out.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How ridiculous it all sounds, all they have to do is ignore the book and move on!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What earthly reason would a public organization who incites others to bring suites and burn books would list an empty lot as their place of business?

I see a whole lot of terrorism coming down the pipeline in the name of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Fundamentalists are the most dangerous people in the world no matter what belief they adhere to.

It may be idealistic to say, but wouldn't the world be better, if we "live and let live".

link   
Burning books is scary. For some reason, some Christians love burning books that don't agree with them or their beliefs. What is their hang-up with Gays?

"Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin"

Why don't they volunteer their time helping others, wouldn't that be Christian?
I personally believe they do it for the attention and publicity. After all, Religion controls people through fear.

link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Are you an Obama supporter? Just wondering because his friendly news agencies are trying to push this as truth of fact. So anyone that finds homosexuality repulsive and sinful is now a terrorist? So what do we do? round them up? Just wondering..

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

What of Obamas truth is the media trying to push as fact?

I would suggest to Christians that they follow the examples of Christ and maybe even take steps to shut down this kind of sensationalism that in the end serves not the Christian purpose or even the purposes of a civil society.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just read my latest edition of Entertainment Weekly. Yikes! Where have I been? Bruce Wayne is dead. The Boy Wonder is now Batman. And Bruce Wayne's son is now Robin. Ack~!!!!!!!!!!!! This goes against everything that I thought and believed about Batman!! Burn the damn book! Yikes! I am upset and mentally abused! I want some moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! lol. I might never recover from all this and I need to be paid.
Sillya$$ed people!! Don't waste my tax dollars, okay?

link   
Came across this interesting site, Banned-Books.com, that has a list of titles with an explanation on why each was banned, censored or challenge at sometime, somewhere by someone. Most noteworthy, is how many of these books are considered classics today and required reads in high school and college english courses.

Books A - I

Books J - Z

link   
free speech should protect both the books right to exsist and the books haters as long as their burning the book doesnt infringe on anyone elses rights or put them in immediate danger

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Here is a youtube link that covers yet another complaint against another classic. www.youtube.com... The irony is stunning.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

Where I live Christians are always, it seems, trying to contorl everybody I don't understand it. God gave us free will, according to their ideals, yet they seem to want to take that away from me. Dumb butts! And this is from a person who could be considered Christian by some. Yep, me. And I say, leave your stuff in church, and if you feel inclined, then speak about it in your homes, but don't push this crap on me!! I have my own ideas about things, should I push it onto other people? Even when I "know" it is right and God inspired? Hell, no!

Yeah, Christians in my area, you know my ideas, and I say, if I want to have a drink of whiskey on Sunday, why should I have to be refused this, just because you want this false Sabbat forced upon everyone else? If I want to partake of an herb that gives me comfort, no , I am not going to drive around and rape your wimmems. lol.

And if a book in a library offends you, then just don't read it, and if by chance you read it, then tell your friends not to read it and why. But let the rest of us decide on our own.
What was the name of that movie, the Tom Hanks movie that was shown a few years back? Oh, yeah, the Davinci Code? Yeah, my mom's preacher, her "minister", told everyone to NOT watch it. It could let the devil into your mind. lol. Ha ha. It could actually make you think!

If that movie could shake your faith, then maybe your faith needs to be shaken.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Can't have books teaching tolerance... Let's just start burning everything that doesn't fit into our narrow little world-views, come on, I bet if everyone does it we can the world reduced to ashes in a few days tops...

Seriously this is scary stuff. Why did they read the book in the first place, doesn't the cover or inside have a little blurb about what the book is about? Why are Christians so obsessed with homosexuals and what homosexuals are up to? Methinks they are making this stuff up... but hey, I think if they want to burn legally purchased copies of the book in the comfort of their own homes why not? However to demand money or banning of said book is a terrible thing, freedom of speech should be upheld, if they don't want their kids reading it they can tell their kids not to read it, but banning it from the libraries just fuels the fires of ignorance (which are apparently still burning brightly in this so called modern world).

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i feel sorry for their gay children,imagine growing up in a family like that,with parents wanting to run around burning books,that would help you see what others go through in the the same situation as you,i have heard christian parents say,their kids would be better off dead then gay,it just goes to show what these people are really like deep in side,not just what you see when they are walking in to church.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I would suspect that there was a concerted effort to find a book that would serve the purposes of a law suite..bringing money and public glory to someone who has had neither in their life.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Here is a youtube link that covers yet another complaint against another classic. www.youtube.com... The irony is stunning.

I had to watch this twice to see if i missed the 'onion' logo.

Hard to believe these people are for real... truly scary.

Can't help but get pissed over the blatant self-centeredness... they choose to be offended so everyone else has to make educational sacrifices. Not to mention wasting the government's time and money over this frivolous affair.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I feel so bad for these children..they are but innocent mouthpieces for their parents. I can only imagine the embarrassment they must endure before the dogma actually takes hold of their minds..kind of a vicious cycle.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join