It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenger in Iran election protests results - Police clash with protestors!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Challenger in Iran election protests results

edition.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- The main challenger in Iran's presidential election called for all counting of ballots to halt Saturday because of what he called "blatant violations."

In a sharply worded letter addressed to the people of Iran, chief rival Mir Hossein Moussavi said: "I recommend to the authorities that before it is late to stop this process immediately, and to return to the path of the rule of law and the holding of the public trust through the votes of the people."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kdbc.com...

www.rferl.org...
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stealing the election?

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won 63 percent of the vote with 98 percent of ballots counted, officials say

Fierce protests on the streets in Tehran right now, with people shouting: give my vote back to me.

People in Tehran are now gathering in the streets protesting the result of the election yesterday, accusing the President for voter fraud - according to CNN's Christiane Amanpour on TV right now!

Was it voter fraud? - Man! I feel with these people in Iran - Many really wanted a change of politics and a new leader!

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Iranian police clash with protestors in Tehran

Associated Press - June 13, 2009 8:03 AM ET

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iranian riot police have clashed with supporters of the main opposition candidate in disputed presidential elections.

Demonstrators wearing the trademark green color of Mir Hossein Mousavi chanted slogans condemning the results that gave a landslide victory to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Protesters set fires to tires outside the Interior Ministry in the most serious unrest in Tehran in a decade

Police attacked demonstrators, beating them with clubs and smashing cars.

An Associated Press photographer saw a plainclothes security official beating a woman with his truncheon.

Iranian authorities said Saturday that Ahmadinejad took 62.6 percent of the vote. Mousavi has also claimed victory and alleged widespread fraud.

www.weartv.com...

Hokey! I can understand that the the riot police clash with people - it's their pesky job! but!... WTF! why are the smashing cars?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Honestly?

I would not be surprised if the NWO decided he needed to stay in office so they could get WWIII going.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Tensions High In Iran After Disputed Vote

Challenger Urges Supporters To Resist "Dictatorship"; Iran Expert Calls Claim Of Ahmadinejad Landslide "Blatant Fraud"

(CBS/AP) Anti-riot police guarded the offices overseeing Iran's disputed elections Saturday with the count pointing to a landslide victory by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while his opponent denounced the results as "treason" and threatened a challenge.

Tensions are high in Tehran this morning following yesterday's election. Many people opened shops and carried out errands, but the backdrop was far from normal: black-clad police gathered around key government buildings, and mobile phone text messaging was blocked in an apparent attempt to stifle one of the main communication tools of the pro-reform movement of Mir Hossein Mousavi.

A statement from Mousavi posted on his Web site urged his supporters to resist a "governance of lie and dictatorship."

www.cbsnews.com...

Tension are apparently high on the streets of Tehran right now! - Police clash with protesters - Many women are crying and people are shouting: Where's my vote? - give us our votes back!

They say it is the most serious unrest in Tehran in a decade!

Poor people! I really feel so sorry for them! - I'm waiting for more updates!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Honestly?

I would not be surprised if the NWO decided he needed to stay in office so they could get WWIII going.

Funny! because that was one of my first thoughts, as well!

Well! I don't think that I'minadinnerjacket won a landslide victory! he maybe won, but not with those numbers!!

He Probably learned some pesky voter fraud tricks from his friend: Hugo Chavez!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not really surprised that the losing party is causing a mess. Do they have any actual evidence to say that the election wasn't legit?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Give me a break! They counted the votes and Moussavi got a respectable 30 something percent. That's entirely respectable. He should be happy.
Ahmadinejad won fair and square. They counted the votes and those are the figures that they came up with.
They should digitize the votes and give Moussavi a disk so that he can count them himself.
They claimed a corrupt vote in the US, back when it was Bush vs Kerry. How soon we forget.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Honestly?

I think the americans tried to get him out as with israel as well.

Just accept that all elections are fixed, and higher people in society choose who wins, it really is that way.

I would think alot on american news will be pissed of with this result.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Honestly?

Yeah, I must agree. It's all made up and it's really all just a show. They don't even try to make it believable. (Yeah, thats right, I don't buy any of this garbage).

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Not really surprised that the losing party is causing a mess. Do they have any actual evidence to say that the election wasn't legit?

I haven't found any real reports on voter fraud with evidence yet!

And sadly! I'm not holding my breath that we'll see any either!

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has the power in Iran.

Presidents doesn't matter! - they are just figure-heads! as here in the west!

First Evidence of possible cheating ?

Iranian presidential candidate's code, Mehdi Karrubi, on the ballot paper should be 66 and Mohsen Rezaii, the other candidate should be 55, but as can be seen on this ballot paper the codes have been swapped and overwritten

Rezaii is expected to receive the least number of votes, so many of Karrubi's votes in this way will be counted as Rezaii's votes by the computers.

www.demotix.com...

I found this link through this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Honestly?

I agree.

I think we got Obama because they knew the same thing would happen in our streets if he did not win.

However, in Iran, they can beat your head in and it's your fault for being there protesting.

It seems like they chose the easy choice to make WWIII happen, give American's "change" so they don't riot, and keep the evil scary man in Iran, beat the people into submission and move on with WWIII.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Iran elections: revolt as crowds protest at Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's 'rigged' victory

Iran's clerical regime is facing open revolt as riot police clash with huge crowds accusing them of fixing the vote that returned Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to power.

By Colin Freeman in Tehran Published: 8:00PM BST 13 Jun 2009

The capital, Tehran, has seen its most violent street disturbances for a decade as demonstrators protested over Mr Ahmadinejad's surprise defeat of Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the reformist challenger.

Mr Mousavi claimed he had been the victim of "fraud" and "manipulation" after he gained just 33.7 per cent of the vote, compared to Mr Ahmadinejad's 62.6 per cent.

In the run-up to the campaign, polls had put both men neck-and-neck, with some suggesting that Mr Ahmadinejad was in for a shock defeat because of his poor economic performance and aggression to the West.

While there has been no proof of rigging, many Iranians voiced open disbelief that he could have achieved victory by such a wide margin.

The prospect of Mr Ahmadinejad having another four-year term in office is potentially disastrous for US President Barack Obama's efforts to bring Iran in from its 30-year diplomatic isolation from the West.

In Tehran, what had been a carnival-like pre-election campaign turned abruptly violent, with thousands of angry and disappointed Mousavi supporters congregating in the city centre. Defying official orders to stay off the streets, they shouted "Death to the dictator" and hurled rocks at riot squads.

Police dispersed the crowds, beating up both male and female protesters. But by nightfall there were still sporadic disturbances across the capital, with palls of smoke rising across the skyline from burning tyres. As darkness fell, victorious Ahmadinejad supporters cruised the streets on motorbikes, shouting victory. Onlookers said they had not seen such disturbances since Iran's student-led uprisings in 1999, and their scale showed the potential for the showdown to spill over into further challenges to the Islamic establishment.

In an attempt to quell the rising political tensions, Iran's supreme spiritual leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, urged the nation to unite behind the president and accept the result, calling it a "divine assessment".

At the same time, the nationwide text messaging system stopped functioning, the mobile telephone network seemed blocked, and several pro-Mousavi websites were blocked or difficult to access. Text messaging is frequently used by Iranians – especially young opposition supporters – to spread political news.

The interior minister, Sadeq Mahsouli, who supervised the elections and heads the nation's police forces, warned people not to join any "unauthorised gatherings."

But Mr Mousavi, a former prime minister who came out of retirement to challenge Mr Ahmadinejad's "disgraceful" presidency, had claimed victory the night before, declaring himself "definitely the winner", and branded the official result an outright fraud.

"I'm warning that I won't surrender to this manipulation," read a statement on his website. "The outcome of what we've seen from the performance of officials... is nothing but shaking the pillars of the Islamic Republic of Iran's sacred system and governance of lies and dictatorship."

He added that "people won't respect those who take power through fraud."

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />

I hope they can produce some evidence of fraud, but how could they? if everything is in the hands of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei & Ahmadinejads people??

I heard from an Iranian friend that the country is at least split 50/50 between the people, so he didn't trust the official result and said it would be almost impossible to do something about it - beside heavy protesting and strikes?!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That sounds absolutely crazy. How could anyone respect the system if they went to the lengths they're going too in Iran to shut down the system. It seems crazy that they're shutting down the TXT msging service and political websites. That's only stuff you hear from crazies here in the States. I hope Iran gets whats just and gets the tyranny and corrupt #ers out. Good luck Iranians

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Some good thoughts about possible voter fraud?!

1. It is claimed that Ahmadinejad won the city of Tabriz with 57%. His main opponent, Mir Hossein Mousavi, is an Azeri from Azerbaijan province, of which Tabriz is the capital. Mousavi, according to such polls as exist in Iran and widespread anecdotal evidence, did better in cities and is popular in Azerbaijan. Certainly, his rallies there were very well attended. So for an Azeri urban center to go so heavily for Ahmadinejad just makes no sense. In past elections, Azeris voted disproportionately for even minor presidential candidates who hailed from that province.

2. Ahmadinejad is claimed to have taken Tehran by over 50%. Again, he is not popular in the cities, even, as he claims, in the poor neighborhoods, in part because his policies have produced high inflation and high unemployment. That he should have won Tehran is so unlikely as to raise real questions about these numbers.

Richard Hétu's Blog:

blogues.cyberpresse.ca...

Yeah! I don't think that Ahmadinejad
took the bigger cities and especially not Tehran with over 50%

Would love to see those fabricated offical numbers per city, soon!

U.S. officials are skeptical of the outcome, in which the government declared President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the winner Saturday

U.S. analysts find it "not credible" that challenger Mir Hossein Mousavi would have lost the balloting in his hometown or that a third candidate, Mehdi Karoubi, would have received less than 1 percent of the total vote, a senior U.S. officials told FOX News.

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah! I don't think Mir Hossein Mousavi lost his OWN hometown!

The election was probaly rigged by switching the number for the candidates on the voting ballots! - and several reports say just this!

So Mir Hossein Mousavi could probably have won by 62.6%

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Some interesting evidence here:

tehranbureau.com...

And full debate here:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the links! a lot of interesting reading! - found this on Tehran Bureau.

Mousavi Letter

In the Name of God

Honorable people of Iran

The reported results of the 10th Iranians residential Election are appalling. The people who witnessed the mixture of votes in long lineups know who they have voted for and observe the wizardry of I.R.I.B (State run TV and Radio) and election officials. Now more than ever before they want to know how and by which officials this game plan has been designed. I object fully to the current procedures and obvious and abundant deviations from law on the day of election and alert people to not surrender to this dangerous plot. Dishonesty and corruption of officials as we have seen will only result in weakening the pillars of the Islamic Republic of Iran and empowers lies and dictatorships.

I am obliged, due to my religious and national duties, to expose this dangerous plot and to explain its devastating effects on the future of Iran. I am concerned that the continuation of the current situation will transform all key members of this regime into fabulists in confrontation with the nation and seriously jeopardize them in this world and the next.

I advise all officials to halt this agenda at once before it is too late, return to the rule of law and protect the nation’s vote and know that deviation from law renders them illegitimate. They are aware better than anyone else that this country has been through a grand Islamic revolution and the least message of this revolution is that our nation is alert and will oppose anyone who aims to seize the power against the law.

I use this chance to honor the emotions of the nation of Iran and remind them that Iran, this sacred being, belongs to them and not to the fraudulent. It is you who should stay alert. The traitors to the nation’s vote have no fear if this house of Persians burns in flames. We will continue with our green wave of rationality that is inspired by our religious learnings and our love for prophet Mohammad and will confront the rampage of lies that has appeared and marked the image of our nation. However we will not allow our movement to become blind one.

I thank every citizen who took part in spreading this green message by becoming a campaigner and all official and self organized campaigns, I insist that their presence is essential until we achieve results deserving of our country.

[ verse from in Quran: Why not trust in God, who has shown us our ways. We are patient in face of what disturbs us. Our resilience is in god. ]

Mir Hossein Mousavi

tehranbureau.com...

Letter in Farsi on the site!

I wonder if this plot he's talking about is the NWO?

BTW! Rigging elections is soo 2000.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Turns out that linear graph is no good as coup evidence:

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

Here is the "best evidence":

www.juancole.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Before you decide for sure about the truth, see this video. It's a documentary about the coup in Venezuela, filmed right when it was going on.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perfect! A few more years of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ruling Iran. If Mir Hossein Moussavi was in power and changed Iran I would be in support of him. But now Ahmadinejad is continuing to ruin Iran, because of him i want to nuke Iran so we can completely get rid of him and his regime! But now he's rigging elections! Great!

Instead of Having a reformist who won't hate America because of a few stupid leaders, they now have an Extremist who's supporting international (Anti American and Allies of american) terrorism. I have a perfect plan:
1) CIA and FBI investigate who really won the election
2) a- If Ahmadinejad won (Very Doubtful) , let him be a moron for a few more years
b- If Mir Hossein Moissavi won (Which he probably did), take Ahmadinejad out of power and place Moissavi in power.
3) New Iran. If Moisaavi reforms Iran by: Turning it into a democracy, Reforming foreign policy (With NATO, Israel, ect, ect), Fighting Terrorism, and eliminating their nuclear research for a while; then keep him in power.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The protesters had a very big rally today!I was floating in the direction of the results being fair but seeing that many people has opened it all up

There going to have to have another election,it will be no good recounting

lol at the nuke Iran brigade above me!I shouldnt laugh,its not funny to see

top topics

<<   2 >>

join