It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This A Conspiracy Or What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I am wanting your humble opinions on this matter. I am about to take this to the highest authority I might need to, not even sure who that would be though.

Let me lay it out first.

I was at the 4th of July fireworks last year, in a populalr spot that for years folks have flocked to to view the fireworks, there is another location to park and watch but most just line the sides of the street to watch, or go where I was, at a local hotel that sits up on a hill, with a great view.

I was at the hotel. Lots of people, lawn chairs all over the parking lot, kids running everywhere, it was great! Until a lady decided that she was going to pull out before the fireworks ended, you know, most likely to beat the rest of the crowd. She aggressively pulled back from her parking spot, almost hitting 2 people, who shout at her that she almost hit them, then continues to back up and hit me, I was standing with a friend and co worker and had my back to the car. It jerked me downward, then up, slamming into the trunk of the car, I was shocked, I couldn't catch my breath, turned my head and realized a car had just hit me. The driver sat in her car, looking into her sideview mirror, she asked my friend if I was ok, my friend said 'no she's not okay, she can't breath', to which the driver said, hatefully, 'well I was trying to back up', then she proceeded to pull off, leave the lot, and drive away. My fiance called the police, got her tag, so did other people. We were awaiting an ambulance, but due to the traffic/fireworks I wound up having my fiance take me to the hospital, where we met and spoke with an officer who took the report.

Ok, here is where it really goes wrong: he told me I could pick up a copy of his report on the following Monday. On Monday it wasn't there, nor even that week or the next, finally after a full 2 week wait, he had turned it in. It listed the incident as a Hit and Run. It listed driver unkown, but under vehicle owner it listed the lady who was driving and her insurance company. I knew this was her, I am familiar with her, she is a Mary Kay salesperson and they meet at the hotel where I work, so I had seen her several times before.

Her insurance issued a claim number. I went into physical therapy and manipulation therapy for a little over 6 months. The injuries were classified as hyperextension, but let me tell you I just named it ' O my God it hurts".

So her insurance hasn't paid any of the bills or compensated my days missed from work, so I got an attorney.

He notified me that they made an obscenely low offer, not even enough to pay off the bills, and state that they don't have to pay any of it, because the police don't recognize the charges1 Wait, WHAT?

Yep, what I am being told now is that the woman who hit me was never charged, never questioned, no suspended license or anything. She just left the scene and has not had to look back.

The officer who failed to file a timely report, no longer works with the police unit here or in this county. So what, do they just drop every case he took a report on? I called the chief of police, and he told me that 'the only thing she can be charged with,due to the fact that she was on private property, is hit and run', DUH! But they won't or haven't done that.

Now I have been told through the grapevine, that the callous witch that left me in the parking lot after running over me, is some kind of kin to an officer on this force, and that they are protecting her. How do you get around that???????

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You need to call the Attorney General in your state, or go to the press. We just had a situation sort of similar here, cops covering up a hit and run. IF you have witnesses and paperwork, trust me someone WILL do something.

My only concern is that too much time may have passed so you had better get on this pronto. Good luck

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You go to the Governor of your state is what you do. You contact all your local government officials and get in their faces. You dont stop until she gets what she deserves.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Man, that stinks.

Sadly, I don't think that there is anyway to get around this, cheaply anyway. Police officers usually protect one another and their families, even if they do something wrong. It's sick.

Perhaps you should get a lawyer and sue the police department. Especially if you know some of the other witnesses that were there, that you don't know.

Was it the hospital that labeled your injury as hyperextension? If the car hit you from behind, your knees couldn't have been hyperextended. I wouldn't ever go back to that hospital! They may label a bad flu as open heart surgery!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah they're mostly right. You need to find out how high up the person is she knoews and go a few steps above them. Even though it exists, the force protecting the guilty is something which the higher standing powers do generally look down on. You should definitely get somewhere if you have witnesses and stick with it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

About the injury, I was standing in the center of the lot, where it is on an incline, her car was all trunk, one of those with a large flat trunk. The bumper caught me behind my knees jerking me downward, then the impact itself jerked me upwards, my arms and hands slammed into the top of her trunk. Had I been on flat ground it probably would have sent me sailing across the lot, or had she back up any more than she did, I would have been pulled under the car.

Update: I recieved a private message in a local paper forum here, I got it today, turns out that one of my favorite adversaries on that forum is the captain of the county force here, and he is advising me who to go to, also that something stinks about it, he suggested that the driver may have been a family member to the officer who made the report, or someone in that office where the report was filed, and should have been sent on to investigators.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by space cadet]

new topics

top topics

join