It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil pics. Depleted uranium plated lunar titanium armor and 14 inch thick weilder googles advised.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCDenton
i think shes holding a vibrator

It looks like an antique one....

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~*��Gl�W-�tԩk����J±�*~
I think somebody watched Ghostbusters II one too many times.

I firmly believe the world would be a happier place if there were more Ghostbusters references made on a daily basis, evil paintings or no.

on another note, has your dream recurred since you posted in this thread, xaos?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
its a cool painting but being haunted, please.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have gotten numerous U2U asking for the URL for this pic... I dont have it anymore, so Im sorry I cant help you.

Its not really that big of a deal regarding this pic, although I do hold the opinion that the artists may well have been experimenting with coc aine when he did this work.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
After everything that was said, that was a big let down. The girl's a bit weird looking but it's just ugly. Not a thing I'd particularly like to look at. But not what you'd call scary. Now dogs playing poker? That's some messed up #...

PKD

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i guess that for many of you this is your first experience in veiwing "abstract art".

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't get it. Whats so scary about this painting? There dosent seem to be anything wrong with it. Are you guys just getting a weird vibe from it?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I just looked at it, i will jhave to admit, I hadnt read the story behind it before looking at it, I simply wanted to see the haunted painting. I will admit, it gave me chills up and down my spine. I still have goosebumps from it. Looking at it tho, its not some mysterious force,. tho, but i think the nature of the painting, the subject, and all. the expression and emotion in the painting is very creepy. Something in the cold, almost undead starkness of the boy, and the gutted out empty doll give me the creeps. the lighting, is like not natural or surreal lighting (not the red flashlight shined on the painting, the actual light setting of the art.) Its like, some creepy place in the world of the living where the middle ground between life and death have merged. Yeah, its creepy, but the story just makes it funny. People claiming they had to cleanse thier houses after viewing it. All that.....sigh....

Its simply the painting itself, the way its set up. its like time, death, life, something that just doesnt belong....it looks very 1930's but was painted in the 1970's.that could explain my unconcious reaction.

I asked my mom to look at it, telling her nothing about the painting. She looked at it, and she said, it looked very sad, but she liked it. She said it just looked lonely somehow. She didnt get the jitters, because to her, it simply looked like a sad lonely boy, and that she would hang it on a wall. My conclusion is that the artist, when making this painting, as he said, bridging the world between subconciousness, collective conciousness, and other mental mysteries, tapped into something deep down with in the collective, or his own piece of it, and it was something creepy and disturbing to most people, and it simply takes form, from the realm of his inner mind into the physical in the form of an image. The variety of emotions or things he deleved within.

Both my mothers reaction and mind point not to haunting or evil forces and spirits, but to a non physical subtle force: the power of art to evoke emotions and images deep from within the soul, which differ from person to person. Theres no evil spirits behind this, its simply, perhaps, as the artist intended, something in the collective unconciousness we all share, but view differently.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Look at my new avatar!!! This is weird!!!

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can't get it off!!!!

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I can't get it off!!!!

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by TheBandit795]

GET IT OFF NOW!!!! There is no mystique, it doesnt sneak in and take over the computer, it is just a really creepy picture that I dont want to see. So change, please.

XAOS

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I said that I can't get it off!!!!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't get it. What is so scary about this?...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
lol this is't nice I can't find my backbone which I'm sure was there a min ago and now I can't find myself to click the link lol! WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So i still dont get it. It's haunted because it changes at night?

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by canberra
certainly is a ghostly picture but does anyone else notice how much the boys face looks like George Bush

LOL. My thoughts exactly, dude.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Still don't see what is scary about it. It a picture, if you want scary see the picture of this guy with his penis in a mouse trap. Well, that just painful, but scared to think of that happening to me, lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll have whatever it is you guys are smoking, I don't see sh!t...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The picture is a little creepy, but only due to it's peculiar style. The faces of the two kids are totally blank, totally devoid of any emotion (not to mention the girl doesn't look like she even has eyes) and this is what makes the picture a little creepy.

Change the expressions on the faces and it totally changes the picture.

Hah, I wasn't the only one who thought the kid looked like George Bush.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is not scary. The boy is not coming out of the painting (If thats what I am supposed to see). It is an illusion. If you are scared by this then it is time to ditch the night light.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join