It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler Gets Banned From WOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hi all. I uploaded this video because I thought it was absolutely hilarious and brought a smile to my face. In times such as these when most threads are about negative themes and doom and gloom scenarios in general, I felt some light hearted humour was a good remedy and healthy for the mental health of ATS members.

***Disclaimer***

I warn anybody that may be easily offended or is part of the political correctness gone mad brigade to stay away and move along. I do not speak German and thus do not know the actual words being spoken, I go by the World of Warcraft (WOW) references inserted. There is swearing and vulgar language, so steer clear if you are not in the mood to laugh.

If you agree to the above, please proceed by visiting the following:
Hitler Gets Banned From World of Warcraft

***Disclaimer End***

Hopefully there are some past or present WOW players who will take joy in watching this video. If, however, you find yourself completely lost for words with some of the references used, I will try to briefly explain some of the main concepts here. If you fall into this category, I suggest you watch the movie once, come and look at the following explanations and then watch it again.

Notes on references used in this movie:

Blizzard = Blizzard Entertainment (the company that owns the rights to the Warcraft franchise)

World of Warcraft subscription = people who play need to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription in order to keep playing and receive new content from developers.

Botting = Form of cheating involving using a third party program to level your character while you are not at the computer playing. Against the game's T&C.

Permanent ban = a ban resulting from actions that the user has already been warned about in the past. This means the person will not be able to play ever again using this account.

Blood Elf = one of the races a player may choose when creating a character. (Blood Elf characters are apart of the Horde faction)

Hunter = The class one can choose when creating a character. There are many different classes (10 in total), hunters are probably the most commonly chosen class. Once chosen, you cannot change this class or race.

70 = Level 70. In the game your character progresses by doing things that increase its level. You start at level 1 and build your way up to the maximum level cap. At the time of this video, Level 70 was the maximum level cap. Getting one's character to the level cap is considered admirable.

Alliance = There are two types of player factions in the game, which consist of various races within these factions. Alliance and Horde. The number of people who choose Alliance is usually higher than those who choose to play Horde in most cases.

PVP server = a realm dedicated to player verse player (PVP) rules and content. These are the most popular form of realms (servers) and can become very populated at peak times.

Blood-scaled elementals A type of npc (non-player character, NOT players) race that exist for the purpose of completing quests or providing security and challenges.

Zangermarsh = a zone in The Burning Crusade (TBC) expansion where one can quest or enter dungeons/raids. This zone has the Bloodscale elementals he refers to earlier.

Mote of water collecting 10 of these allows one to create a primal water. Primal waters are used in the creation of certain armours/weapons along with other mats (materials). It is common for people to farm (stay and kill things in specific areas to obtain items or money) certain areas of the game in order to get these materials. While they were useful for players with TBC expansion, towards the announcement of the next expansion, their uses became less significant. With the release of the new expansion, they are literally useless now.

Homosexual blood elf = blood elves are the only good looking, attractive race of the horde faction. Some consider them to be "pretty boy" characters or those very different in appearance to other horde characters. Sin'Dorei refers to a group consisting of races such as blood elves and others.

Bubble and Hearth The Paladin class has the ability to Bubble (temporarily shield themselves from all harm and attacks). Hearth refers to a stone that every character in the game as access to, which they can use to teleport to a selected location of their choice. It is a common tactic for Paladins to bubble and hearth out of situations which they find perilous or likely to result in their death. This act of bubbling and hearthing is considered a sign of weakness and cowardice by other classes.

Everquest2, LOTR Online, Runescape are MMORPGs that are similar in nature to World of Warcraft. They are seen as being in competition to WoW. Unfortunately, I have never played those games so cannot comment on their specific references.

Noobish groups = Groups (parties or raids) are teams you make with other players to overcome challenges. Noobish groups are ones where the players don't work well together or contain mostly under-skilled players.

Wipe when everybody in the group dies from damage incurred while inside a dungeon or raid. This results in the encounter they were fighting in being reset and needing a fresh attempt to reconquer it.

DM Dire Maul. A 5-man instance from vanilla (classic) WOW that is considered easy thanks to items and changes made in TBC expansion. He is implying that groups should not be wiping on easy dungeons like DM.

Critical Hit The random chance to damage another player or npc excessively higher than usual.

5k Shaman BS Another class open to certain races in both factions. Shamans with certain builds (such as high tier elemental) are capable of very high burst damage (damage delivered in a short period of time, almost instantly.) Players from other classes complain that their damage potential is OPed (overpowered).

Mage Another type of class open to both factions but only certain races. Mage is a popular ALT (alternative) character class.

Pet tanks His Hunter character's pet helps to maintain the attention of the enemy in some situations. Making the enemy less likely to attack the hunter himself.

Guild A sort of group association one joins in order to do things within the game together.

[edit on 13/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What a well timed piece of laughter. I loved the part at the end..

"from 1 to 70 again, you better find me a better bot.."

Uber funny

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I have seen videos like this before.

A critically praised but little-seen movie about the last days of Adolf Hitler is getting a new lease on life online as the basis for hundreds of satirical videos.

Like Rick Astley’s "Never Gonna Give You Up" pop video from the ’80s that fueled the "rickroll" phenomenon, a 2004 German movie about Hitler’s last days in the bunker is becoming a popular internet meme.

Jokers are dubbing humorous dialogue over a pivotal scene of the movie, Der Untergang (The Downfall), which shows the beleaguered Führer yelling at his generals when told the war is over.

The Downfall clip has been ironically remixed almost 100 times, lampooning everyone from the New England Patriots for the loss of the Superbowl to gamers banned from Microsoft’s Xbox Live service.

SOURCE:www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
lol @ the Runescape references.

I remember playing that cheap online game a few times. Heh.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
My favorite line... "he won't leave.... his pet tanks".

Good stuff. There are some great parodies floating around using this clip as mentioned above.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I have seen videos like this before.

A critically praised but little-seen movie about the last days of Adolf Hitler is getting a new lease on life online as the basis for hundreds of satirical videos.

Like Rick Astley’s "Never Gonna Give You Up" pop video from the ’80s that fueled the "rickroll" phenomenon, a 2004 German movie about Hitler’s last days in the bunker is becoming a popular internet meme.

Jokers are dubbing humorous dialogue over a pivotal scene of the movie, Der Untergang (The Downfall), which shows the beleaguered Führer yelling at his generals when told the war is over.

The Downfall clip has been ironically remixed almost 100 times, lampooning everyone from the New England Patriots for the loss of the Superbowl to gamers banned from Microsoft’s Xbox Live service.

SOURCE:www.wired.com...

Wow..(pun intendeed), thanks for providing that information, I actually was curious where this scene was originally from. Thanks for clearing this up for me and others.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Oh, no problem. Thank you for taking that in a positive light *the spirit it was intended*.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

DM Dire Maul. A 5-man instance from vanilla (classic) WOW that is considered easy thanks to items and changes made in TBC expansion. He is implying that groups should not be wiping on easy dungeons like DM.

I think that he thought DM as Deadmines, since its more popular than Dire Maul.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Here's a link to the exact same video except with different subtitles.
This one is about hitler getting banned from xbox live it's hilarious.
Great video post by the way

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Funny. Love it! The last sentence says it all... "I've still got my guild."

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shammael

I think that he thought DM as Deadmines, since its more popular than Dire Maul.

I think you may be right, well spotted. I forgot about Deadmines because I now play horde and don't run it any more.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
LOVE it.. Nice find and thanks for the laugh. It was much, much needed
S&F

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Lol... how the heck do you forget deadmines? You have run it 40 million times cause everyone ALWAYS needs it at low lvls. Our guild has a "sister" guild that's made up of our guild's kids, age 9 - 15 (the only way the younger ones would ever be allowed to play the game). It got to be a joke within our guild, that if somebody in the guild didn't behave, they'd be put on deadmines duty with the kids cause they were always creating new toons. Everybody behaved.

[edit on 13/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That is too funny! My son showed me one of these a few months ago. It was one that took a jab at a guy with Blizzard who kept nerfing Paladins and he was insulting to pally players in the forums... so they insulted back. I don't think the guy is with Blizzard anymore, lol. (The YouTube was called "Kalgan goes ret paladin" but I don't think it's still around).

Didn't realize how many of these are out there, thanks for sharing.

edit for name and spelling

[edit on 13-6-2009 by misfitoy]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by misfitoy]

new topics

top topics

join