It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ortholocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hello my name is Ortholocks and I enjoy what I read on ATS. I am from the rural south of north America USA. A good place to grow up we are poor in gold but rich in culture. I grew up with a lot of things people might think are odd , but questioning them is what is odd here things like ( in Internet tongue) dowsing, Fortune-telling , Pendulum , and questioning media, education and government. I am the modern offspring of this with new tools like the Internet I have found the other half of the unexplained like dark matter, string theory, Quantum mechanics, and despite my cultures warnings I got what thay call "a fancy yankee schooling" also known as a BS in computer science. They were right about the ivory tower but all the same I am proud of the knowledge I got especial the mathematics, physics, and philosophy. I also enjoyed history but often felt it was a comedy of errors. I will like all people need forgiveness here(ATS) especially in grammar and spelling. To those who are annoyed by gramer mistakes I am sorry. When I talk with friends and read ATS I am reminded of chemist before the periodic table or of electricians before Maxwell. In other words I feel like we are on to something here but we need to rethink how we think about it and I hope to help.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

It is sure a great bunch here on ATS and I think you will make a great addition to the team. Any suggestions to how we can rethink how we think about this?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

I think maybe we just might do everybody a favor by not trying to solve the mystery of philosophy, science, society, but rather to group them in a vane attempt to understand the whole deal a little better. Dynamic systems are held together by unpredictable fractals ever time everyplace and maybe I am wrong but I think of the collective human consciousness we roll through time everyday as a dynamic system. Or maybe I am totally wrong who knows. Ether way how about an example. I like what are often called hot button issues thay are like philosophy lite. Whenever gun control and/or drug legalization issues come up regardless of where the people stand on these issues I try to convince them that thay are the same fundamental question. Do you trust yourself and/or your fellow human with something that could be harmful to you and yours? I would like some help understanding why people think of these issues as distinct if opportunity permits on some other thread, but despite how strong we may feel about these particular hot button issues lets keep this thread about the idea of grouping the questions that seem to divide thinking people.

new topics

join