It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravy, the alleged tour guide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey Cameron, now that you are in NYC, why don't you go on one of Gravy's "tours" and videotape it and put it on youtube for all to see? What do you say, "cowboy"?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Hmmm... I've never seen that. I've had plenty of run-ins with Gravy, and have always found him patient and cordial, although passionate about what he is arguing. I have a lot of respect for him

He actually called you a blithering idiot.

Gravy
24th June 2009, 01:59 PM

No, he thinks the "official version" states that the plane buried itself nearly intact. He is, in short, a blithering idiot.

forums.randi.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
He actually called you a blithering idiot.

Gravy
24th June 2009, 01:59 PM

No, he thinks the "official version" states that the plane buried itself nearly intact. He is, in short, a blithering idiot.

forums.randi.org...

He later acknowledged that it was not me who claimed that Flight 93 buried itself virtually intact, but others who were supporters of the 'official story' making that claim... At first glance, he was assuming that I was making that absurd claim...

I think anyone who thinks Flight 93 buried itself IS a blithering idiot.

Rewey

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
(Please keep this thread civil and without one liners.)

That Mark "Gravy" Roberts guy claims to be a NYC Tour Guide and I've seen him and other skeptics love to bring up his title when debating truthers who are engineers, scholars, etc as a way to mock those truthers he's debating with; "the debate between an engineer and a tour guide."

But does he really make a living as an NYC tour guide? Or does he just have an NYC tour guide license so he can flash it around and pretend he is one?

Why don't skeptics start by posting Gravy's tour guide website, so I can sign up to go on one of his tours?

[edit on 13-6-2009 by ATH911]

I don't usually quote an entire OP, but I think it's integral to my point. This post is an excellent example of conspiracy-think.

First, the facts are wrong. Actually, exactly backwards. The title of "Tour Guide" isn't brought up by skeptics as a vehicle to make fun of truthers. Quite the contrary, it's brought up by truthers to demean Gravy. It's used as a classic ad hominem slur.

Secondly, the OP makes the assertion that Gravy is not a Tour Guide and demands others provide proof he is, rather than the OP providing proof that he isn't. This is called a Burden of Proof Reversal. That is, it's not up to those who believe Gravy is a Tour Guide to prove that he is, it's up to the OP to prove he isn't.

The entire post is an invitation to ad hominem attack of another personality and suffers from a Burden of Proof Reversal. That is, the OP makes an assertion, provides absolutely nothing to support his claims but yet, demands others proof his assertion isn't true and if they fail to rise to the Ops challenge to provide positive proof to defeat his negative assertion – in this very thread – then the OP's assertion is thus validated.

EDIT TO ADD: If you take the time to read throught the OPs responses (the royal "him", not an actual declaration of sex) it's fairly obvious the entire thread is/was nothing more than bait to start arguments.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
First, the facts are wrong. Actually, exactly backwards. The title of "Tour Guide" isn't brought up by skeptics as a vehicle to make fun of truthers. Quite the contrary, it's brought up by truthers to demean Gravy. It's used as a classic ad hominem slur.

Man you skeptics are in denial.

it's not up to those who believe Gravy is a Tour Guide to prove that he is, it's up to the OP to prove he isn't.

Nope. The onus is up to the person who makes the original claim. Gravy claims he's just a tour guide. He has to prove his claim.

it's fairly obvious the entire thread is/was nothing more than bait to start arguments.

Nope. Just to prove if Gravy is really a tour guide, or that he's been lying the whole time.

(PS - no one has proven he's really a tour guide, including Gravy!)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join