It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog walker 'met man from another planet'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
British military investigators interviewed a woman who claimed to have met a man from another planet while she was walking her dog, newly released Ministry of Defence files have revealed.

The woman said she had been approached by a man with a "Scandinavian-type accent" dressed in a flying suit-style outfit while out walking on a sports field near Norwich, eastern England, in 1989.

She claimed to have been "completely terrified" during the 10-minute encounter. Running home, she said she had then seen a large glowing object rising vertically from behind some nearby trees.

The woman called a local military base to report the encounter the following day. A cover note on the file of the incident describes it as "one of our more unusual UFO reports."

The incident is just one of around 1,200 sightings recorded by investigators between 1987 and 1993, according to the files released by the National Archives on Sunday.

On another occasion, military officials took the unusual step of briefing ministers about an unidentified flying object photographed in the sky over Scotland alongside an RAF fighter jet.

Witnesses claimed to have seen the large diamond-shaped object hanging in the air for about 10 minutes before it ascended vertically at high speed. Fearing intense media interest, investigators also commissioned detailed drawings of the object.

The files also reveal that the Ministry of Defence abandoned plans to build a computer database of sightings out of fears of a public relations disaster should details of its existence ever be revealed.

"I personally doubt that the the MoD would lose much if we filed UFO reports in 'WPD' (the waste paper basket)," one unnamed official wrote of the project.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Have you got a link or book reference or something for this? It sounds like you took it from a news article.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

yea I made a mistake and forgot to show it.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
OMG it was the Scandinavian’s all along!

Clearly this reflects the great work of our world govs disclosing ET presence. I would like to know what type of dialogue was said between the two, that should be in the released files wouldn't you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
1987-1993. Again, the c. 1990 paradigm shift.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I remember the report was contained in the this year's release of MOD UFO reports ( Newly released UFO files - Highlights ). The report was lacking any detail that would help to fully explain the incident. A guy approaches the lady with a strange tale. He claimed that he was from 'out there' and wasn't allowed to speak to humans. She walks on and is startled by a UFO flying away. IIRC there wasn't mention in the original report of 'ten minute encounter' or 'flying suit.' The CNN journalist has embellished the account for effect. It's more likely she was intercepted by a stoned student or a guy with mental issues.

There are much more interesting reports in the original documents. Have a look...Newly released UFO files - March 2009 (7 pdf documents)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I remember the report was contained in the this year's release of MOD UFO reports ( Newly released UFO files - Highlights ). The report was lacking any detail that would help to fully explain the incident. A guy approaches the lady with a strange tale. He claimed that he was from 'out there' and wasn't allowed to speak to humans. She walks on and is startled by a UFO flying away. IIRC there wasn't mention in the original report of 'ten minute encounter' or 'flying suit.' The CNN journalist has embellished the account for effect. It's more likely she was intercepted by a stoned student or a guy with mental issues.

There are much more interesting reports in the original documents. Have a look...Newly released UFO files - March 2009 (7 pdf documents)

I have a scanned copy of part of the original report and it does actually contain those details. The conversation with the "alien" lasted about ten minutes whilst the conversation with the phone operator lasted about an hour. Read it here:

As far as the incident goes, I have a very strong hunch that it was 100% real. The "orange/yellowish" orb mentioned in the report are quite common in England are often times mistaken for Chinese lanterns. While some of them are lanterns, the authentic ET orbs are also orange but have been seen in various colors. I know some people who have actually been surrounded by and had contact with them. It's pretty remarkable and they're interested in ancient religious monuments like Stonehenge and Arbor Low.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jippy Pibbs

Starred Jippy
Good post and excellent effort for posting the details. You've reminded me that recall is flawed. I also notice that the archive pdfs that were free upon release are now charged at £3.50 per download. I read all of them at the time and didn't save them to the HD. I'll have to look for the thread from that day. I guess I've been served twice in one day

Good work

PS if anyone has the pdfs please u2u me.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In my mind i have no dought that this happened. Weather the guy was just having a laugh or something i dunno. But then the whole light thingy kinda crosses that out. Weirdd
Maybe its those damn scandinavians responsible to everything XD
They blates did it for the lulz

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Or, more exactly:

She was approached by a man with a "Scandinavian-type accent" who was dressed in a light brown garment like a flying suit. The report notes: "He asked her if she was aware of stories about large circular flattened areas appearing in fields of wheat, and then went on to explain that he was from another planet similar to Earth, and that the circles had been caused by others like him who had travelled to Earth." The man said the purpose of their visits was friendly but they were told not to have contact with humans for fear that they would be considered a threat.

However, she became terrified by the whole event, and started running away. Then, as she was running, she heard a loud buzzing sound from behind her, and turned to see a large, glowing sphere rising from the area and flying away.

Sounds to me like a typical so called 'Nordian' ET-encounter.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Heh, well, if it is true, the woman in question just helped out our image in the intergalactic world immensely, didn't she? LOL

So if they can speak english, perhaps we should just put out a big sign in the area saying, "it's ok, we won't consider you a threat. Come by for a spot of tea!" :-P

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Heh, well, if it is true, the woman in question just helped out our image in the intergalactic world immensely, didn't she? LOL

Or rather whoever they allowed to roam around Norwich talking to the natives against orders is an incompetent nit
Flight status revoked with immediate effect!

Has this type of encounter been reported elsewhere? Perhaps in the U.K?

top topics

join