It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Ararat and google earth/map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was looking at a threa by koji_k about 10 secret locations around the world. He threw in a pic from google earth of Mt. Ararat...(Ararat anomoly). Said to be the site where noahs arc rests. I started investigated this using google earth and google maps...a funny thing happened. The google earth image of the mountain has a cloud covering the top of the mountain and no other clouds in the area. I went to google maps and located the mountain and started to zoom in one click at a time. You can clearly see the top of the mountain until you get close enough to actually see detail and then the next click the cloud appears that is on the google earth shots.

Google earth: img208.imageshack.us...

I'm not sure what to make of this...is something being hidden from us?

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1] not sure how to get google map images to this site...unfortunately you will have to search on your own. Please do it, it is very interesting.

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1]

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That's most likely the way the images are stitched together to form a seemingly seamless picture.

A common misconception is that all of the image is from satellites, that's not the case, after zooming in so far your actually looking at an ariel picture taken from an aircraft - so I would guess at the point the cloud 'appears' that's the switch over.

Sometimes you can see things like massive shadows suddenly dissapear as you zoom in - It's just the pictures were taken at different times of the day.

Edit: I'm seeing the cloud in both GE and GM but it's there all the way through the scroll
Mind you mountins do form their own weather systems so I don't really have much of an opinion on it.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'll take a look for you and comment ... could you please post the GE coordinates ?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I guess that could be the case...just seems odd to me that there are two different shots right when you zoom in far enough to actually see something. GE coords are 39 degrees 42'12.96"N 44degrees17'43.15"E
Do go to GM and see what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was wondering how they did that. Thought it was all satellite. Can't wait until it goes "live", or maybe I can...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

I'm using GE and and the cloud cover is clearly visible from an altitude of at least 400 kms and remains visible all the way down to 5 kms without a break. So at no point do I get to see a clear and unrestricted view of the mountain peak.

Though I have to admit that it's quite unusual to see just that huge mass of clouds above the mountain with no other obvious clouds within the vicinity for 100's of kilometers in any direction. But perhaps it's just a meteorological condition based on the height of the mountain or some other natural reason.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

What a photo! Great one.
Looks like 'Holy Smoke' to me. Talk about keeping things undercover!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

Cloud's usually will form around mountains. has to do with the way the mountain affects the temperate at it drifts.
Can't remember the specifics, except that it helped to form the desert east of the Rockies.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes very cool. Here is an interview with Bob Dean at Project Camelot about Ararat and other things :

And here is the Wikipedia image of "Noah's Ark" found at this place:

edit on 2-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
you often get clouds forming over mountains...

kx

new topics

top topics

join