It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad heads for Iran poll win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad heads for Iran poll win

news.bbc.co.uk

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is heading for re-election as Iran's president, with about 80% of votes counted, election officials say.

Mr Ahmadinejad so far has 65% of the vote and has claimed victory in an election that drew a large turnout.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is not the best result at all, as Mousavi, the main opposition was described as a moderate (By Iranian standards), who we could have been able to talk to rationally. As stated in the article "Hossein Mousavi, has vowed to contest the outcome, complaining of a number of voting irregularities."

It wouldn't shock me at all to find out it was rigged, and I've seen commentators on TV saying that if Ahmadinejad wins, that will give him and his supporters a mandate to be even more extreme.

Here's some video of TheYoungTurks talking about it. I think they go a bit far comparing him to Bush, but I think some of the other points are interesting.

At the time this video was made, Mousavi appeared to be in the lead, but now it's essentially over, with Ahmadinejad being declared the winner by the state news agency Irna.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by jimminycricket]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ahmedinejad isn't such a bad guy. I simply don't see where nationalism and the determination to defend your country make you a bad guy.
I don't see where meeting your growing population's energy needs by building a nuclear power plant makes someone a bad guy.
So, he has some opinions that some others may not agree with. Maybe opinions on the "holocaust", or maybe opinions on Israel, that other's may not agree with. That doesn't make him a bad guy.
America hates this guy without sufficient reason. But hey, they hate black americans without sufficient reason, too..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
of course their were voting irregularites........it is probably actually an irregularity to have a "honest voting system" in the country

I mean if america's voting is suspect (at least 2000 election) i would have to think iran's is worse

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I don't hate anyone, least of all any Americans, regardless of their skin tone or sexuality.

I am very discouraged about Iran's election. They had a chance to vote in a man who at least proclaimed a belief in women's rights, and a willingness to open up a dialogue with other world leaders.

Sad. So Iran and North Korea will continue to work with each other on weapons and delivery systems. PERfect. What a bright outlook. Perfect timing too, with everything else in the mix globally.

Okay, maybe I hate him a teensy bit, but no more than that.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
WOW REALLY?

Who'd have thought?

:p

What a joke - the poor Iranians are awesome people - pity they don't get rid of their dictators THEMSELVES!

wZn

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video I got today, with Reza Aslan talking about Iran. In it he claims that it's irrelevant who the president is, as the president wouldn't have the security clearance to launch anything anyway. I knew that the president was not the real position of power in Iran, but never realized it was that bad!

new topics

top topics

join