It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storms Brewing Over Washington DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/781c8fef7190.jpg[/atsimg]

On my recent trip to Washington DC for tourist purposes, I took this picture while heading for my group's bus to get to shelter from the obvious coming literal storm and rain. Taken at the area in front of the Lincoln Memorial looking at the Washington Monument. Taken just this Wednesday on the 10th of June, 2009.
I decided out of the photos I had taken there, this would be the best one out of the rest.

I want to ask you as individual members, moderators, political idealists, etc. as what this means to you in light of the current state of world politics, economics, affairs, so on and so forth. This is perhaps metaphorical in my mind.

Please feel free to flag this if you like as well.

Also the original sized of the photo is available here in my picture album here:
Photo Album

Edit to fix link to album.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

[edit on 12-6-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Nice pictures...

Here's another type of storm in D.C., albeit some time ago...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efcf50053ebf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Great pic ... you can almost feel the storm's power about to be unleashed !

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The storm is here. Obama had his 100 days to fix America and he has failed. Palin could have sorted us out in 30 days now look at us. sigh

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
Palin could have sorted us out in 30 days now look at us. sigh

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Awesome picture OP!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
mother nature coming to engulf and neutralize the obelisk, symbol of phallus, and restore balance to the seat of govt. from too much yang/left brain/mechanistic/dogmatism to ......something better. you know, balance. that's what I see anyway.

Nice photo.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Ha ha quite funny, one of my favorite cases. They don't talk about it a lot though these days.

Anyway, regarding the storm, sometimes I prefer a rainy day and even a stormy day to cool and clean the air. Hence I'm never afraid of it, kinda welcome it actually.

edit to add recent news

White House Tree Falls PHOTO: Storm Knock Down 69-year-old Tree

It may seems like a bad sign, yet I'm still not concerned. It takes a lot more than that, let's just put it that way.

[edit on Fri, 12 Jun 09 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

During my stated trip we noted where the tree was that had fallen at the White House. Shortly after our tour of the White House ground level.
It was removed by the time we had gotten there of course. But now there is a visible stump and a clearer view of the White House itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You are not kidding, we have been stuck in a pattern of High Humidity, and Squall Lines, ever since the Cold Front was stalled out on the Mason-Dixon Line north of Washington, D.C.

I believe the storm you witnessed is the same one that knocked over the tree on the White House lawn (Which had ironically been planted during FDR's tenure as President). Now THAT is a message in of itself, is it not?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Yes, the occurrence of the storm did take place the late day before the tree was brought down in it. Me being a God-fearing individual this does make me wonder if the big Man himself is sending a message about his opinion over all of this or if it is an indicator about what is to come. (Keep in mind some speculation here.)

new topics

top topics

join