It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided We Stand: Imagine Breaking Up The United States -WSJ.com

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wondering here... what kind of situation might make it somewhat feasible for this "splitting" to take place?

Could a natural disaster of major proportions that the feds were impotent to handle (ala Katrina, but on a much larger scale) be the impetus? Examples might be:

an EMP, like that described in "One Second After"
a "really big one" like the Madrid fault letting loose
Yellowstone caldera blowing
San Andreas letting go
massive urban riots in all major cities after economic collapse next summer

With a "cardinal cross" forming by next summer, something is going to happen, but who knows what?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

GDP, by state, as of 2007:

California 1,812,968
Texas 1,141,965
New York 1,103,024
Florida 734,519
Illinois 609,570
Pennsylvania 531,110
Ohio 466,309
New Jersey 465,484
North Carolina 399,446
Georgia 396,504

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Housemouse

I expect it will repeat what happened to the USSR.

They went broke, and the central government could no longer pay its bills. I knew the mayor of Vladivostok at the time. He was really a ship captain, but the appointed mayor walked off the job when he couldn't get backup or supplies from Moscow. Most of the police and other government employees also faded away when they went unpaid and unfed for a month or two. His ship was in port waiting to offload, but no one was working because no one was paying them. The city was in sort of a numb chaos. So he simply took charge and began commandeering fuel and food cargos and organized sailors and cops to set up distribution centers. He was a pretty good guy, very pragmatic with a great sense of humor. He did such a good job they kept him on when the breakup was over.

Meanwhile the Soviet Union was going through its death throes. The military simply fell apart: recruits went home, officers and NCOs reviewed who they were really loyal to, most waited for orders which either never came or came from different directions. It was all over pretty quick, and pretty bloodlessly. When the dust cleared, the USSR was no more.

I, and most of the rest of the world, was amazed that it could happen at all, much less so swiftly and without much violence.

So don't assume it can't happen here: the same factors are in play. But I suspect that our breakup won't be as civil as the USSR's was.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A history lesson on ATS about Secession in South Carolina 1861 LINK

My opinion...

1) if you do not think it RIGHT to give Federal Dollars to corrupt bankers in exchange for continuing the coverup of just how bad the derivatives screw up actually was and is...

2) If you are worried about your kids futures, being turned into virtual financial slaves to a system that rewards billionaires in exchange for campaign dollars...

3) if you consider it immoral to PAY any government to keep secrets from you or to fire missiles at alien visitors, or napalm in Falluja...or shoot Randy Weaver's wife...

then you might consider the SECESSION option. This would leave the unimaginable debt Obama seeks to leave to your kids, to those who created it.... let THEM have to deal with it. Let the new UNION put those responsible into detention camps and seize their money...

Secession doesnt have to take place for it to create massive changes. The call for secession will cause all sorts of massive accomodations (surface, apparent, theatrical improvements in the current corrupt and criminal state of affairs ) to occur in order to defuse, squelch, make-nothing-of, and minimize. I would also expect massive covert pyscho-operations campaign to sabotage such dangerous-to-crooked-billionaire
ideas IMMEDIATELY.

Those propagating such ideas will have to demonized and discredited

I am blown away that the WORD has even been discussed in an article on the WSJ.. which tends to be politically cutting edge - to ideas whose time has come, or in this case are long overdue.

---------------------

Sidebar: Bob Dylan playing a heart throbbing rendition of Dixie on YouTube

[edit on 13-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by miraclerock
I hope this happens so I can move to a section that values personal freedom and responsibility instead of having to pay for other peoples problems. It would be the greatest thing ever if all the people who want to control each other or the people who want to be told what to do and live off handouts would move far far away from me.

I hope this happens so you move away too.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ya, of course this is making news. Its exactly what the NWO wants. We no longer serve the greater good of the planet maintaining such a large "Flag" to wave at other people. Breaking up the U.S. into section would be easier for them to control.
If they can overrun our government as it is, what makes people think they can't do the same thing state by state? They completely tore E.U. a new one and decimated Russia with full support of the world.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Here Now]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is VERY reminiscent of Russian analyst predicts decline and breakup of U.S. posted on 11/24/08. It amazing how quickly and drastically the responses have changed.

From the November thread:

MOSCOW, November 24 (RIA Novosti) - A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality...

Same scenario... totally different responses... in only 6 months. It is very surprising to me that the WSJ would publish this, I take it seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If the United States was to split, I don't think it would stay separated for very long. This is because, it would mess around with families, businesses, and such. Who is going to want to pass into another country to go and see grandma Frida, who happens to have no other family?

There are also some parts of the country that I don't see surviving by themselves for very long. I don't foresee many Germans going to visit "Monatoning" and buying their wares! People simply not wanting to lower their lifestyle will lean them towards reunification.

Also, unlike the Soviet Union, which gobbled up the countries that split from it, the United States have as shared history and a common bond. The culture is more or less the same from Maine to Florida to Washington. This couldn't be said of Russia and Tajikistan, for example.

I personally don't think that a majority of Americans would want the country so disunite. While, I may have different values that someone from Boston, I still see them as an American. They're not my enemy. They're my countrymen. Simply disagreeing on something is not a reason to part ways. So, if a region did split, I could imagine there being a clamor amongst the people trying to reverse what the state government had done.

I just thought, perhaps a divided, sectionized, US may be what the NWO wants, but not for the reasons I've see before. Perhaps they want it because they know that the people would want to come back together. This would enable them to put more power in the federal government--which is really want they want in the end. They can more easily force a whole nation to do stuff then.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f5ef08b32deee33f.jpg[/atsimg]

I had opened a thread but will not submit it here.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Divided We Stand: Imagine Breaking Up The United States -WSJ.com

online.wsj.com

Wall Street Journal
What would California look like broken in three? Or a Republic of New England? With the federal government reaching for ever more power, redrawing the map is enticing, says Paul Starobin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

We would just start fighting ourselves and trying to control ourselves and people fear mongering about the Western United States are going to try adn control the Eastern United States or other way around....

IT won't FIX anything......Tons of migration to the more popular side......riots about freedoms lost on one side vs the other.......

2 controling governments working together and also battling eachother for control.........

Will just cause much more chaos...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I saw this map a few months ago and I thought it was pretty funny. "The Texas Republic" being under the influence or control of Mexico? That's laughable. I don't see Alaskans just bending over and letting the Ruskies tell them what to do.

"Atlantic America" joining the European Union? It's not possible. You have to be in Europe to join the EU.

This same Russian Professor said, before the Soviet Union collapsed, that they would stay strong and America would crumble. I think that shows how well he shouldn't be taken.

[edit on 6/13/2009 by octotom]

[edit on 6/13/2009 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Humans strive when being dealt a curve ball. Humans unite and get back to the basics.

y. !

Could not agree more. One thing I've noticed missing from the dominant culture, is a sense of PURPOSE, and a situation like Federal insolvency/break up of the US would for the fist time give people a meaningful purpose to reconnect with their destiny once again. The gravity of what this will entail in reality is not lost on me either, but as you said, Humans DO strive when being dealt a curve ball.

I concure the current trajectory of the United States is unsustainable, and it is self-evident somethings got to give. I'd like to believe that the inevitable transformation process could lead to a rediscovery of how valuable genuine participation in the body politic can be.

peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I initially joked on this thread about how nice it would be to get rid of California, DC and some east coast states.
Seriously though, Obama sees himself as "Lincoln". During the Civil War, Habeus Corpus was removed and rights were slashed left and right.
Don't you think that that is what they want? To FINALLY have a reason to remove the second ammendment, the first, the tenth?
He would see this as a perfect oppourtunity to gain total control, using the same justification as Lincoln did.

Scary when you really start to think about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The USA will not split we tryed this and had a civil war. We lost states rights the firt time around. Anyone who believes this doesnt know their history.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think the US should break up. I would love to see all the red states turn into 3rd world countries as the blue flourish. We could setup military perimeters when the rednecks and evangelicals try to sneak in for medicine and food.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
The USA will not split we tryed this and had a civil war. We lost states rights the firt time around. Anyone who believes this doesnt know their history.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Memysabu]

Yes, I understand, see the history lesson I posted HERE

But there is a HUGE difference between now and 1861 or even 1938 ...
We have the internet.

Corrupt, fascistic, structures and entities that profit from LIES have strictly limited lifetimes...now that there is The Internet.

Sidebar: The Internet is the Liberty Tree
A Son of Liberty Silas Downer said
At a dedication of a Tree of Liberty in Rhode Island, 1766..

"We do therefore, in the name and behalf
of all the true SONS of LIBERTY in America,
Great Britain, Corsica, Ireland or wheresoever
they are dispersed throughout the world, dedicate
and solemnly devote this tree to be a
TREE of LIBERTY.----May all our councils and
deliberations under its venerable branches be
guided by wisdome, and directed to the support
and maintenance of that liberty, which our
forefathers sought out and found under trees
and and in the wilderness.
---
May it long flourish, and may
the SONS of LIBERTY often repair hither, to confirm
and strengthen each other. --When they
look towards the sacred ELM, may they be
penetrated with a sense of duty to themselves,
their country, and their posterity:--And may they,
like the house of David, grow stronger and stronger,
while their enemies, like the house of Saul,
grow weaker and weaker. AMEN

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
I think the US should break up. I would love to see all the red states turn into 3rd world countries as the blue flourish. We could setup military perimeters when the rednecks and evangelicals try to sneak in for medicine and food.

Have you even looked at a map of red/blue states? The red states probably wouldn't have to go to the blue states to get food. The red states would get their meds the same place the blue states do,from China.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

This would be Russia's dream....but alas, that ain't gonna happen! Mexico taking control of the Texas Republic? That's funny. Really.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

What military? Its Republicans that push for military funding, not democrats.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
why not have the Balkanisation of the US? the NWO seems to think its the answer to many other regions of the world so why should the US be immune to it?

Ideally, the NWO will "Balkinise" conquer and divide all larger nations into smaller ones that dont have the military or economic strength without an alliance of sorts with others.

The USA is being used to do the dirty work on this round the world at the moment, but Once the whole world is carved up into many more smaller nations, the US will follow in this way aswell.

then global government will have ultimate control...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join