It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided We Stand: Imagine Breaking Up The United States -WSJ.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Divided We Stand: Imagine Breaking Up The United States -WSJ.com

online.wsj.com

Wall Street Journal
What would California look like broken in three? Or a Republic of New England? With the federal government reaching for ever more power, redrawing the map is enticing, says Paul Starobin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This has been spoken of before. I believe that this will be a very likely scenario. The melting pot experiment is just not working and people are going to want to have it their way. The break up of the United States is, in my opinion, a very possible outcome due to large looming debt and regional rebellions. Eventually the whole nation would collapse.

I know it sounds crazy, but America is on Earth, and as a Country on Earth full of Humans, it is not immune to the same social strife that foments radical changes in other parts of Earth. History has consistently proven the skeptics on this one wrong...Empires rise and fall, and just because you call it something else doesn't mean it isn't an Empire. History has allowed me to foresee quite a bit of what has been taking place over the last few years. History is a blueprint for the future, it is the foundations, one would be a fool to ignore it.

online.wsj.com

[edit on 12-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

China wants to see this happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

The break up of the United States is ... a very possible outcome ...

Why is everyone so skeptical?

Int'l bankers attempting to destroy America - NWO - 9/11 - Federal Reserve - Smoking gun
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You see design. Others see cause and effect. Not saying you are incorrect but obvious I think you are.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You see design. Others see cause and effect.

Perception is reality.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Exactly.
But doesn't mean the reality you percieve is the one widely percieved or even nothing more than in your head. Oh and please read the addition I made in my last post as it is revelant here.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Can we just get rid of California, D.C., and all of the east coast?
Then I'll be happy. . .

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Of course this isn't widely perceived. And I may have the motivations behind this wrong, it is likely that I do. But as it stands I am a man with eyes to see, ears to listen, and a mind to put it all together. It seems obvious to me, and regardless of whether I see a pattern, of course it is cause and effect. But causes can be preceded by intent, and therein lies the pattern.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

This has been spoken of before. I believe that this will be a very likely scenario. The melting pot experiment is just not working and people are going to want to have it their way. The break up of the United States is, in my opinion, a very possible outcome due to large looming debt and regional rebellions. Eventually the whole nation would collapse.

I know it sounds crazy, but America is on Earth, and as a Country on Earth full of Humans, it is not immune to the same social strife that foments radical changes in other parts of Earth. History has consistently proven the skeptics on this one wrong...Empires rise and fall, and just because you call it something else doesn't mean it isn't an Empire. History has allowed me to foresee quite a bit of what has been taking place over the last few years. History is a blueprint for the future, it is the foundations, one would be a fool to ignore it.

online.wsj.com

It is fairly evident that the melting pot is beginning to boil. There is an ideological dvide in this country. Things that are considered correct in Boston,may well be found repugnant in Birmingham. Not everything is good for everyone. The Government didn't reflect the needs of the people once before. There was a reveloutionary war fought because of it.

I don't know if splitting the country into sections would be good or bad. But the notion of it becomes more plausable with each passing day.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This post is rather interesting.

I say this for two reasons.

1. I believe Nostradamus predicted America being a place of different republics.

2. Edgar Cayce said U.S would be split into regions.

Looks like we may head that way. And even if we did, I think this would make us a more powerful nation than what we have now

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I hope this happens so I can move to a section that values personal freedom and responsibility instead of having to pay for other peoples problems. It would be the greatest thing ever if all the people who want to control each other or the people who want to be told what to do and live off handouts would move far far away from me.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I heard have heard people here in AK discuss this before. If the US broke up, I don't think we'd do too badly up here. The state is mostly right-leaning, so we'd probably open up the remaining oil fields (blocked by liberals for some time) and become an oil country like Iraq or Iran. We have quite a bit of it up here though, so I don't think it would take long for someone like Russia to try and take us over
But importing most of our fresh food would be costly, but with all the oil money, I think it would even out. We have lots of extra space to farm and grow on too...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

It is fairly evident that the melting pot is beginning to boil.

The melting pot has become the melting....pot.

It appears to me that the pot, intended to melt and homogenize its contents of a wide variety of humans, is now melting itself and spilling quite a mess.

I believe this is due to the, fairly recent, tendency of immigrants coming to make America their 'home sweet home' and then trying to change it to seem more like the country they left. Makes no sense to me.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Being an immigrant I have seen precisely what you are talking about. Aside from my mother, my brother who is sworn to protect it, and myself, I don't know very many Spanish speaking immigrants that know what the Constitution is or what it says, and don't care. Many just complain about how different it is, when that was the point to begin with. you're FREE to be different, to be yourself. I've made the US my home, but I've been here since I was five, 20 years, I know nothing else. I know there's a general backlash against illegal immigrants, but please don't make this about all immigrants, I defend the Constitution like every other American that cares.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Please don't misunderstand me. I have read several of your posts and I am proud to call you and your family, fellow Americans. I thank your brother for his service to our country. I have no qualms with immigrants. My grandmother was an imigrant from Sicily.

My problem is, only, with those I described.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread...OP as always you come up with intelligent and thought provoking information.

I come from a state that preaches to its young that secession will one day happen and as a state have this right...

Though I would love to see this happen for my state and the other states who wish for true sovereignty as a Republic, but this will not happen without bloodshed and Civil War.

Most Americans will never be able to wrap their heads around our nation and Civil War, both words in the same sentence. Most veterans like myself are ready and prepared for this possible event should it come, personally I do not see it happening. Most Americans are not strong enough, talk big on blogs and threads or live in complete denial, most Americans are the later.

Again OP, great thread...you have always impressed me with your with your intellect.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Um, I was talking to In Nothing We Trust. And it should be noted that just because a pattern can be percieved by us doesn't mean a pattern exists. Our minds are geared to create patterns.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not a secessionist(Thought I should get that out of the way), I just thought I would present this. Because it can be a very likely scenario considering what is coming down the pike, thanks to the Federal Reserve, and the Federal Government(No relation). This is likely for economic reasons rather than racially motivated. This article really is a damned good study of where we are today. While in the past these secessionist movements were more about race, than sovereignty, today the pace of government growth is going to scare many states, especially with the amount of debt being amassed by the Feds.

It will likely take the face of Free Staters. These people are not racist, they are typically Constitutionalists, and libertarians, many liberals, and your centrist conservatives(Colin Powell and such). It really is a transcendent message. Got me in. When the Federal Government is found insolvent, and when the Fed is audited and shut down, there will likely be a separation, or a Consitutional Convention. The latter is most likely. Some states may decide to go it alone. But the Complete disappearance of the United States is unlikely, and I don't think the people would want to go the route of civil war to get this done. Revolution maybe, but not civil war.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

It's cool. Make no issue of it.

Assimilation is not really something this country is good at managing. Every neighborhood is is segregated, and in time begin to form their 'modus vivendis'. For this reason, the Constitution, and REAL American values need to be taught, and understood by all, especially those wishing to become US citizens. And it may be a central issue that aides the break up of the US into regional powers. However, by and Large, the movement will be lead by Free Staters for economic and idealistic reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join