It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics and the Dampening of a Sine Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was thinking about the two party political system and what we have seen in the US throughout our election cycles. More and more, I hear people expressing frustration that "they are all the same" and that "there is no real change". I had an idea for an analogy of sorts. We will be looking at the ideologies and forces in rudimentary electronic terms. Let us begin with sine wave dampening and how it may be a good visual representation of how we have behaved and are behaving regarding politics. Then again, I may just be proving that I am a total geek.

The ideas set forth are based upon my premise that we have 3 general forces in play here.

1. The people in our natural state. This could represent us contemplating every possibility without coloration.

Our beliefs are shaped by many factors. Parents, experience, education, recreational choices (including video games, tv, radio, web browsing, etc.). Here I try to give a visualization of the pattern changed through experience:

We could be symbolized by the wider swinging wave.

2. Who is represented by the wave with less deviation?

Well, those are your lovely politicians. Ever harder to distinguish one from another. Much as we are when harder to distinguish one from another as we are herded through experiences like cattle (school, church, dead end jobs, etc). It is just that we are controlled, to some extent by the smaller wave and not whatever unseen force has shaped the political mind. This allows us still a little more freedom than the politicians. But if they have another set of "masters", what might that look like in our little thought experiment?

3. The third group is much harder to distinguish. NWO, Illuminati, God, Devil, destiny, fate, inevitability of population growth, who knows??? Anyway, they / it are represented by the straight line in this image.

Just wanted to throw this out for ya'll. Thanks for reading!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Thought that I should mention that the top and / or bottom of the wave are not meant to imply right / wrong, good / evil, democrat / republican, or an other yes / no sort of concepts. Rather the waves are intended to represent distance between variances of thought, solutions, possibilities.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great Post! sirius Because it's like you read my mind and, gave it a hole different twist? I found A place where these waves "Radio waves, HAARP, Comercials" Think !!! It's not illegal . . . yet? Yes back to the point I have found my very own "secret garden" or " . . . wait it's not really mine but it is? no one has followed me to it yet I can't really invite them? they just half to come? but it's closer then they think. . . Great thing about it "No Evil"

sirius "imagine" being sourounded by 200 birds of all types -depends on location- and rabbits and "cows" you might not have them their cool

and like everything. . "greenhornets" well thats what I call them I'll U2U you about it. .

"Plus, the presidentil system is by the purest bloodline. . .The voteing thing is just a game. . .You must unsderstand. . Do you research thouroly. . .

Good Post . . . . ; ; . . . . PoOf"Ninja Vanish"pOoF. . . . ; ; . .

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So I have to just say here how I find it amazing that I actually got off my lazy butt and did some real research and, nothing... Well, back to the fanciful, I suppose...

Ahh, yes, that but(t) should have 2 t's.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Chemley]

top topics

join