It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five guilty in exorcism case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Five guilty in exorcism case

www.nzherald.co.nz

Five of the eight people accused of manslaughter over the drowning of a mother-of-two during a ceremony to lift a curse were found guilty late last night.

Janet Moses, 22, of Wainuiomata died on October 12, 2007, after attempts to lift a makutu on her.

The eight people accused of killing her were all whanau (family).
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nzherald.co.nz

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In a videotaped police interview, the dead woman's aunt, co-accused Angela Orupe, said her niece had been "fighting with her grandmother, acting like a lion and trying to claw her".

She said Ms Moses had spirits in her eyes that looked "like jellyfish - slimy little things".

Exorcism gone horribly wrong?

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

This is terribly unfortunate for the woman who was killed. I'm all for fairness when practicing religion and rituals, but this went too far.

edit for clairity

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The really sad part of this is that the family actually was trying to help the victim.

No matter whether they were misguided or not, they thought that they were doing the best they could for one of their own.

No winners here for sure..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Exactly. Like I said, all for being able to belive whatever you want, but this sounds like a time when they should have set their beliefs aside and realized they were killing her. It's unfortunate for all involved.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

Maybe all possible routes of investigation were not explored?

Possible Mental Illness? Acting like a lion and attempting to claw another human rings out immediately to me of a mental illness.

Possible food or beverage contamination? Food poisoning or a toxin in the drinking water?
Maybe a drug was causing an unusual mental or physical state for this individual?

Going straight to demonic possession seems like a few steps were skipped.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I agree with that completely, I was speaking in terms of her family's right to act as they would see fit and if she was ok with the exorcism (from what I've read on posessions, when the person is in sane mind they will often request the exrocism). They could have sought other means, but they did what was correct by their religion, and sadly took it too far.

new topics

top topics

join