It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed the true face of humanity tonight, i didnt like it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Well nearing the end of the night at the Hoedown this year and every year, fight after fight seems to break out. And I seen people walking around with there BABIES in strollers. And its really no place to bring your baby or child because of all the drunk people there. And also, a drunk girls climbed up on this huge fountain and fell off, luckily she was okay, but the cops were laughing about it and making jokes, and it really wasnt funny. I was disgusted.

Babies should be home in bed around 8 or 9. The drinkers and partiers always come out after that. The problem is the partiers that bring their kids out late, and those kids would be no better off at home anyway. SO, yes things get rougher towards the end of the night, but that is the adult time!

As for drunks climbing stuff and falling off....GOOD! That is natural selection, better to fall off and kill themselves than to drive home and kill someone on the way.

AGAIN, THE BLAME BELONGS TO THE STUPID INDIVIDUALS, NOT THE ALCOHOL, GOVERNMENT, CURVY ROADS, TEMPTING STATUES OR ANY OTHER INANIMATE OBJECT!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is terrible no doubt but it's not everywhere - just yet. In Latin America peoples will hand grandma the change and then carry her grocery's to the bus for her. You beat down someone's grandma and you've had it.

We go to festivals with thousands of people and most times there's NO violence, it's very rare here. Maybe it's strong family ties, maybe it's because daddy spanked (not beat) their little butts when they were young.
Who knows. I wish you all luck.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

You did the right thing. I think you're doing the right thing now -- talking about it and bringing the incident to light. You wouldn't have solved anything getting you ass kicked, or worse.

Don't second-guess yourself on this -- what you're doing now is a brave and realistic thing and you have my respect.

We can't accomplish any tangible good by sacrificing ourselves, with few exceptions. You live there. To have engaged these people would have put you at foolish risk in the future. Many adults with half your maturity would have walked away from the incident and put it out of their minds, safe in the thought that "better you than me" and they might feel safe. For now.

Goodonya

edit to add: I am also dislexic. I didn't notice a single bit of it in your OP, or subsequent posts. I think you have a good handle on yourself. I find that when I am really passionate about something, and typing quickly, that's the point where I will transpose characters. Ironic -- I've been tested as typing 90 wpm, but what good is that if they're words only I can read?

[edit on 12/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa
reply to post by AccessDenied

You raise a good point, its generally been my idea of thinking tonight. It's just strange how in times of desperation people seem to revert to animals. My town isnt exactly known for having dozens of drunks in the streets , i just cant help but wonder what path lies ahead for us all.

As a species we've come so far and yet we havent left this sort of barbaric behaviour behind us, maybey we never will

It's because people deep down still believe in revenge and looking out for #1.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

We go to festivals with thousands of people and most times there's NO violence, it's very rare here. Maybe it's strong family ties, maybe it's because daddy spanked (not beat) their little butts when they were young.
Who knows. I wish you all luck.

I'd say strong family ties, I see many otehr countries have better family relationships than I see some people here in London have, I myself try to have a great relationship, family is really what matters.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah I live in UK too, I've had enough of these chavs who love violence and are gangsta wannabes and why the hell is everyone stabbing everyone these days, it's like a damn hobbie!?

I hate it especially when they come up to me and ask for money or drugs, such a hassle. Do I look like a drug dealer just because I'm around their age? wtf?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Understand this though, the real evil of a drunk is not the man but the alcohol that makes him act that way..and even more so, those who make it and allow it to be sold.
A drunk is as much of a victim.
In times of crisis WE ALL revert to survival mode, and we always will....human instinct. Technology can make our lives simpler, but it can never really change us.

No, the real evil of a drunk is the drunk. It is not a disease, it is bad behavior.

And, no, we do not all revert to survival mode. We are not animals, incapable of rising above our more primitive instincts.

There is no excuse for such behavior. Evil is real, and it is a choice which is made by the individual.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
To be honest i dont agree that the real evil is the alchaol and not the drunk. Because some people can handle booze and some can't- thats a fact.

I'm generally happy whenever intoxicated ( very rarely happens) , if soemone gets violant after drinking they should accept that iits something they can no longer do and move on.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Due to experiences somewhat like yours i have lost my humanity. i know treat every person i see like they are piece of trash that has to prove otherwise. living in las vegas hasn't helped my perspective and hope in people at all, its made it worse. So my advice to you my friend is to get some type of self defense and don't hesitate to use it on ANYONE.

I have to remember that they where the ones conditioned to be like that by the media music and culture pushed onto them. and its not there fault. there just incredibly stupid and weak minded.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa
reply to post by UFOTECH

I guess theres two faces to our species. One is the dark primitive side, and the other is the one of a person who dreams of a better world and wants to be apart of something greater. I hope one day the whole world is made up of the latter.

I would like to add a third face... the face of the people who see the world as it is... something that drastically needs to be fixed. I too am tired of young men acting as if they own something like their turf or maybe even something else. I (and many people I know) have in more than one instance put them in their rightful place and tried to show them that this is not the way the world should work. If the people who dream of a better world start to stand up and unite against the ones attempting to bring anarchy and show that we are sick of the way things are happening then the world will have a fighting chance at being a far better place for everyone.

Just my 2 cents

Breeze

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Man o man I cannot stand chavs or the American equivalent , I had a run in with a little gang of them in London last year, they picked a fight that they were severely outmatched, but I digress. The world has become a new and more dangerous place even from when I was a kid ( I'm 30 btw) the worst thing that happened was that maybe someone got stabbed, there were shootings here and there but that mostly in the city and in known high gang activity areas.

It's amazing how far society has degenerated in just a short time, in part I blame the popularizing of the "thug life" mentality thats being broadcast through various outlets. They make that kind of life appealing to the younger generation, and they are constantly inundated with it, from all sides at all times.

I also lay the blame at the feet of the people who have made parents feel like criminals for disciplining their children and have given children who can be spiteful the power to have their parents thrown in jail over an accusation. I do not condone child abuse of any kind, but sometimes little johnny need a swift kick in the ass because the time-out isn't doing it anymore. If you beat your children I believe that you should be punished, but there is a clear difference between punishment and abuse.

I also think that some blame lies with the kids themselves, sometimes there just isn't anything you can do with them no matter what you try. That's life, when that happens if you have done your best, then that's all you can do, some kids are just born douchebags and that will never change.

I agree, that we should really put our focus in America on cleaning up this mess first, I agree about keeping America safe from foreign enemies, however we need to keep her safe from domestic enemies as well. We need to worry about our own backyard first, let's help the homeless here, or the inner city children who get lulled into the gang life. Maybe cut back the glamorization of the thug life and show them there is another way.

I kind of lost my original point while typing this as this issue is something that is near to me, because of my particular martial art background and personal ethics, I am that guy who steps in when someone is being harassed on the street, like it says in my siggy "If you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack me" and I just know that it's going to be the end of me one day. However, I think more people need to start taking this attitude, it doesn't necessarily have to be a violent confrontation, but starting getting more involved in the community, there is a lot " well it didnt happen here so it doesn't affect me" mentality and that's a big part of the problem.

**Gets down off soapbox**

Sorry, just kinda got on a thing there.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
We need a good base of vigilante justice. These guys just go to prison, recruit more members, get out and start hell all over again.

You know of course, that would be wrong.... But, I agree with you.

Some people are just scum and have no redeeming qualities.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am saddened by the event, but even more saddened by the response of so many people thinking that mankind is going to rot because of some jerks.

Time and time again sociological studies, small and large have been done. From large ivy league campuses to small high schools. Lost wallets turned into police to see how many would be just kept. Out of the 10 turned in not a single one was kept. All ten owners were tracked down and wallets returned. Or a group of foreign looking students taking cabs short distances to see which cab drivers would screw them, again not a one. One cab driver actually got out and pointed the building they were going to only 2 blocks over.

Mankind has not gone to rot. Mankind has gotten crowded. As a whole we have dealt with this crowding incredibly well but there are still the minority out there that cause mayhem. That minority makes the news. It is the gang members that we see and remember in the end not the dozens of families having a good wholesome time. It is our skewed perception that has turned our world into a hell, because underneath it all the earth is still a beautiful place.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Very intriguing story! Who sent you that text message saying not to cut through the fair?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
it is somewhat compareble to what i have witnessed in the city where i live
(altough its not so violent)

1)last summer there was a festival in our town and when it was done (at about 12.30am) we heard people say "hey this dude poured some beer over me when i pushed him " lets go punch him just for fun and when i read the newspaper the other day it said old man of 67 got attacked by 8 young guys

2)these guys they seem they can do anything they almost sran over one of my best friends punched another one in the face etc

i think its really bad that you can go out there after 12 because its most likely that you will get in trouble

(also the cops always question us about stupid things like are you stealing those bikes and stuff(even though we had the keys of the lock XD) and they never do something about them immigrants)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I to am sorry that you had to go thru what you did. I do my best to not live in fear but it doesn't always work. Don't lose faith in the good or the sight of good however hard that maybe at times. I hear the UK (is that where you live?) has gotten pretty nasty of late. I saw some where that London is considered the most violent city in Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join